Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - OhNoezEinPandy

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Concept: Weekly Fangame Challenge
« on: December 04, 2014, 03:01:39 AM »
Small Update: I have started a spreadsheet with a list of games and try to reach TJ on skype for commenting/editing the games. In the meanwhile the win8 problem for fangames occured to me. I hope he does know which fangames are crashing.

The list itself is kept secret of course but I can tell you that I am currently at ~30 games for challenge and ~8 for Tiny.

General guidelines:

Challenge: no 1-frame/jump cancel, no double Invert, no downwards Plane, doesn't require advanced align knowlegde

Tiny: little to no 2-frame-jumps, no Double Diamond, no Inverts, no fulljump Planes (3 blocks high), doesn't require aligns at all.

I will try to insert a time estimation into that and take my blind first playthroughs as a marker. So we don't have players smacking their face for 20 hours against a brickwall.

Some games will not make the cut obviously so the number of games will be decreased later. It currently contains every genre from Adventure, Adventure (with Avoidance bosses), Needle, Needle (with Avoidance), Puzzle and heavy trolls. Pure Avoidance games are currently not in because it is very hard to get a time estimation for them.

That's it for now.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Concept: Weekly Fangame Challenge
« on: December 02, 2014, 07:01:22 PM »
Obviously there are going to be multiple people who will beat every single game (if difficulty is around 60-70 lvl), so what will decide the winner then?

Really cool idea though, it's not that competitive and will most likely encourage more people to join.

Then we just don't end the season and call it an all time Leaderboard  :Kappa:. On a serious note: I think the difficulty will rise every month or two or we keep it as it is. Funnily enough, some of the lvl 60-70 games are really hard. This is a long time project so even wiping out the leaderboards for a new season is questionable. And if we're looking at an actuall all time Leaderboard, it doesn't matter if some players are always at full points.

Maybe the players should have a choice what genre to play while keeping it at the same level, like in bingo  :IceFairy:

Choosing 2 quality games is already hard enough on the course over some weeks. I'm currently trying to get into contact with people who have a wide taste in fangame genres. Besides that, pushing you out of your comfort zone (genre) is the purpose here.

If you really, really, really don't want to play the game. Just skip the current week and get lucky on the next one.  :BloodTrail:

Gameplay & Discussion / Concept: Weekly Fangame Challenge
« on: December 02, 2014, 02:19:31 PM »
Hello People!

Based on Paragusrants idea in the Fangame Leaderboards back in March (https://www.iwannacommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=502.15) I want to create a leaderboard in which not the time counts but rather beating the actual game. The whole idea is based around giving Streamers something to do while nobody is available for a big race and maybe some Forum promotion  :Kappa:.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Concept:

A Fangame is being handed out (links are provided of course) on a Monday and everybody can answer the Challenge Thread with the link to their Past Broadcast on Twitch or other kind of proof where they complete the challenge. Just the last few segments should be enough for varification. Everybody who answered the thread gets a point on this Spreadsheet:

Spreadsheet - httpss://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O5kcLUxXYh8m4JZC1jn1TSwiOuIPAqr5pvcsl6fkz-s/edit?usp=sharing

On the next Monday evening, the next game is being handed out and the previous week closes. At the end of a Season (maybe ~3 months) the winner gets announced and gets all the fame  :Kreygasm:.

The games itself should be rather long/or have atleast decent difficulty. I'm thinking of somewhere in the LvL 60-70 bracket of the difficulty list and about 3-5 hours in length for a decent player. An easier game for the 2nd sheet is provided for beginners (those leaderboards will be handled completely separated).

Rules:

Weeks - A week would start at Monday 20:00 pm CEST (+01:00 h) and the old one closes at the exact same time. That should be around 13:00 pm for American timezones. Opening and closing a week would be signalized by a post of mine in the Thread where we are going to hold this tournament. (An Edit of the OP will happen with the next Fangame name and the DL)

Varification - Link to a Past Broadcast is fine because those exist for 12 days. Youtube is fine too. For Screenshots I thought, separating the brackets could be a good idea because there is no real way to check if the game has been played in said week.

Twitch Channel - It would be nice if you have a link to these forums in your channel description. Its not really mandatory but would maybe get some people into fangames.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Thoughts/Problems:

- Choosing the Fangame: Players have different taste in Fangames and especially my own one is absurd in some others opinion. Maybe we could find some guy who can handles that or atleast gives thought about which game to choose. It is expected that you will not like every fangame but you will always have the option to just skip a week. This is honestly my biggest concern so far.

- Separating video proof from screenshots: That's a tough one. I honestly want to run this "contest" in order to get more streaming content for everyone on the IWBTG part of twitch.tv but I don't want to exclude anyone in participating. That's why I thought keeping a separate column for Screenshots would be a good idea.

- Time Format: Currently this whole thing is structured on a week-to-week basis. Maybe it is beneficial to stretch segments into 2-weeks?

- Keeping the Tiny Board?: The Intention of this contest to get people into playing some of the bigger/harder games with a provided timeframe which should be more than sufficient to deal with it. A beginners bracket would be kinda against that but maybe it is just more content for everyone because players could participate in both brackets at the same time?

Anyway, if you like this idea I would volunteer to keep those spreadsheets up-to-date and give out the fangames and deal with every other hassle connected with it. I'll add a poll to this thread and if this reaches about ~15 Yes, I will see that the basis is big enough to actually make it happen.

Thank you for reading!

TL;DR: I give Fangames, you beat them, you get bigger E-Peen and the Forum becomes filled. :OneHand:

Meet and Greet! / Re: Legs m8
« on: December 01, 2014, 11:28:34 AM »
Blizzard currently guarantees ~2 legs per hour in diablo 3 on Torment I.

Welcome dude.

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hi people
« on: November 30, 2014, 12:22:41 PM »
Welcome step!

User-Made Creations / Re: I Wanna Get Rekt
« on: November 29, 2014, 08:48:12 AM »
I hate to say it but I actually do not like that game mechanic, it was funny the first time, but just the first time.

I know you can react to it, but the thing is you're never prepared for the spider and if you're going for flawless run, you will lose it just because of that spider.

Only in stage 1. A flawless run in any other stage is not 0 deaths.

Klazen sent me the achievement list i'm completely aware of it, however  it still can fuck you over in a flawless run 0 deaths or not, so you can't use stage 1 as an excuse. If i were to list examples where the spider would catch you completely unprepared, you have 5 deaths in stage 2 and are at the last boss of the stage, you get a spider and are unprepared, gg.

I'm sorry there is just, nothing good to say about this spider, i know it is a low chance of spawning but it still can happen and usually you're never prepared. Though not the "worst" game mechanic, though sadly enough, it is far down there in my list of opinions. I don't think I've ever seen anyone react to the spider as a matter of fact, i'm sure people have done it, but I've never seen it done.

Though, stage 1 flawless is the only thing you had to say about it? I hate to say it, but that's a very weak defense on the mechanic, you can easily get around it and still argue it for later stages because like i said, it adds 1 to that death counter and will make things harder for you and make you more cautious.

If you would seriously care about getting the x-ranks you wouldn't complain about the spider. Other games pulled far more bullshit than a 0.3 % chance to ruin your attempt on an entirely optional achievement.

For everybody who doesn't go for 100% it is a fun addition to the game.

A stage run takes like 15 minutes at maximum. Just reset and try again.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Weekly BINGO Race
« on: November 28, 2014, 08:20:47 AM »
It's time for a new adventure!  :atkHappy:

Tomorrow it will happen :FrankerZ:

In before Row3 with RZM, Explorer, Six Elements, Baton Touch and Reduction :4Head:

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hi everyone :3
« on: November 25, 2014, 02:48:42 PM »
Welcome man

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: On using controllers instead of keyboards
« on: November 21, 2014, 08:34:52 AM »
I would prefer triggers but a xbox 360 gamepad is just imprecise in general. If you can afford it, I would advise you to get a playstation controller clone and keep aware of the triggers.

I used an original PS3 controller with a programm called libusb32bit when I played with a controller. Nowadays I just use the Logitech K120 keyboard which you can usually get for 5 €.

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hello
« on: November 21, 2014, 02:26:15 AM »
Welcome man!

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Zurais strat guide
« on: November 19, 2014, 12:17:05 PM »
I request a sticky before this falls off page one. It most certainly is the best written plattforming guide we have currently due to its simplicity.

Tools & Software / Re: External Deathcounter for streamers
« on: November 19, 2014, 02:26:44 AM »
Sweet!

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hello
« on: November 18, 2014, 02:42:54 AM »
Welcome aboard!

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: New BINGO schedule?
« on: November 11, 2014, 09:49:54 AM »
Doesn't matter that much to me. If we bingo with an american friendly time it will always be drunk% as a german for me on the weekend. :BloodTrail:

On a serious note: I think friday night 2:00 AM GMT (+01:00 H) would be the time to get the most people.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Weekly BINGO Race
« on: October 31, 2014, 05:58:11 AM »
/push

Check the times for the races for this weekend!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14