Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - pieceofcheese87

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

rip yoyo

Tournaments / Re: The FGM Schedule!
« on: May 04, 2015, 11:30:29 PM »
HYPE

Game Design / Re: Cultured 2 Painting Contest
« on: April 30, 2015, 05:43:26 PM »
can i draw a sfw penis

for once try to draw something that's not a penis :OneHand:

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Introducing Delicious-Fruit.com!
« on: April 30, 2015, 02:06:26 PM »
I found this while looking for a hard game to play.

I think it's not just me the only who thinks there are tons of harder games than Color. I don't know if you guys are already trying to moderate ratings and all that stuff (I believe you do) but I just wanted you to know it.

just to let you know, that game is i wanna color, not i wanna be the color. and you can report reviews if you have a problem with them. no need to post it here.

Game Design / Re: Cultured 2 Painting Contest
« on: April 29, 2015, 05:14:07 PM »
Almost tempted to send in some abstract expressionist piece :Kappa:

Also, would memes that originated within the community be allowed at all?

It depends on what it is. Anything guy related at all is fine.

Game Design / Cultured 2 Painting Contest
« on: April 29, 2015, 02:36:45 PM »

Hey wannabes and guy fans, i'm milkcurdfragment and you might know me as one of the creators of I wanna get cultured. You may also know that we are making a sequel.
One thing that makes this game unique is a large "hub" that you can explore to access different areas of the game.

Now, for the interesting part. Throughout the castle will be paintings with images on them for entertainment purposes, but we don't have any actual paintings yet.
That's where you guys come in. We need your help to fill in the slots for paintings.

Here's how this works:
-create a painting (picture, whatever)
-image must be 244x166
-send it to me over forum PM, twitch PM or skype.

rules:
-must be cultured or IWBTG related
-no NSFW paintings
-no dank memes (blame paragus for this rule)

Examples
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

The best ones will be chosen to be featured in the game (along with some of our own)

I hope to see the best out of you talented artists :)

Off Topic / Re: IWBTF is better
« on: April 17, 2015, 11:10:23 AM »
wow what the heck

The Lounge / Re: memes
« on: April 09, 2015, 06:14:37 AM »
(click to show/hide)

that might be the most tubular meme i've ever seen

User-Made Creations / Re: Draw my Guy
« on: April 07, 2015, 12:31:14 AM »
I held down R
(click to show/hide)

Don't do that.
 :Kappa:

User-Made Creations / Draw my Guy
« on: April 06, 2015, 10:30:27 PM »
This is a very early alpha game where you get to draw your own stuff.

Here are some screenshots:
(click to show/hide)

Download Link (ver0.03)

Programming Questions / Re: Problem with YoSnipers Engine :(
« on: April 02, 2015, 06:55:01 AM »
Don't use Yosniper's engine. Use yuuutu or seph engine.

Meet and Greet! / Re: Ayy
« on: April 01, 2015, 08:10:01 PM »
welcome

Video Discussion / Re: I wanna be the Last TIS CLEAR!!!
« on: April 01, 2015, 08:09:25 PM »
happil 2 is harder go beat that fgt

Unfinished / Incomplete / Re: I Wanna Be The Rex - Early Alpha
« on: March 30, 2015, 10:14:52 PM »
Why bother asking for criticism then if you're going to ignore what you don't want to hear?
I never told you to give up. I'm saying to get more experience with game making before you take on a project such as this.
But as I can see you're not going to listen to me, so go ahead.

Unfinished / Incomplete / Re: I Wanna Be The Rex - Early Alpha
« on: March 30, 2015, 02:45:03 PM »
I think you're in over your head on this one. You can't just open up game maker for the first time and create a masterpiece fangame.
There are so many things wrong with the first few screens, but let me go over something first.

A guy requires at least one of these three things to be considered "good"
  • Fun value
Plain and simple, it needs to be fun. While some people's view on fun can vary, I think we all agree that tediousness is not fun.
What you have put together is a tediously designed set of rooms that just aren't fun.

• Entertainment value
A game should be entertaining to watch. This can be achieved in multiple ways, whether it be funny traps, cool gimmicks, interesting bosses, etc.

• Production value
Production value is how good the game looks, the effects, the backgrounds, the sprites, all that stuff. Production value can help a terribly designed game become tolerable. You see, brown blocks and a simple 2 color background isn't going to cut it. Some japanese developers would disagree, but you're making a game for a popular streamer on twitch.
Do you think a game such as boshy would be so popular if it was all brown blocks and pastel backgrounds? Of course not. Production value is a very hard thing to master, and it requires practice, which brings me to my main point.

I understand that you just want to have some fun by trying out something new for someone you watch, but making a game like this takes effort and time. Unfortunately, you can't spend 2 days on a game and pop out a masterpiece. If you want to take game making seriously, try your hand at something smaller first. Slapping someone's name on a game does not make it good.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26