Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Wolsk

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23
Announcements / Re: The Wannabes auto hosting discussion
« on: November 12, 2016, 05:39:55 PM »
Auto-hosting is incredibly irritating because of what piece mentioned.  Because we have so many members on the team, when you get the auto-hosts, it basically replaces your entire chatbox and even does that multiple times because for some reason it hosts more than once from the same channel.  Twitch is a good site that only adds features that have been well-tested.

Outside of that, I have seen an increased viewercount for my channel which is nice, but I will not enable it for my own channel since it is still a mess of a feature.  There are a bunch of bugs that I'm sure have been reported hundreds of times that Twitch still hasn't fixed, and I'd rather not be another message in the sea of spammy auto-hosts.  As of now, I just manually host whoever I'm watching at the time, and that accomplishes pretty much the same thing.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Official Fangame Soundtracks Request Thread
« on: October 27, 2016, 12:54:22 AM »
Thank you, Based SpicyFishesKiller. <3

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Official Fangame Soundtracks Request Thread
« on: October 22, 2016, 06:46:19 AM »
I Wanna Be The Strong Spike 3 Last Edition -- Second Extra song

httpss://youtu.be/Hg5KTnOSJJY?t=565

I NEED IT

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What do you hate the most in fangames?
« on: September 28, 2016, 07:58:29 PM »
Restarting music.  I can tolerate or enjoy everything else.

Announcements / Re: The Wannabes auto hosting discussion
« on: September 28, 2016, 07:52:44 PM »
1) Remove inactive members

Keep in mind that this has been tried before and was an ABSOLUTE MESS.  Last time it happened, I got removed after not streaming for 2 weeks and did not receive any message regarding it.  I think this can be done properly and should be done, but more thought and time is going to have to be put into it this time around.

2) Increase the requirements to get in the team

As others have mentioned, this is mostly an exclusivity issue.  Since Den defined it as "isn't brand new to fangames and doesn't have an ugly stream," we now know the kinds of people allowed.  However, I would still recommend discussing new additions to the team more rather than taking care of the applications by yourself.  The "vouching" process that Ciaran described would be good.

3) Remove members who no longer meet the requirements

Again, this will take a lot of thought, discussion, and time.  This kind of stuff isn't easy to do and could be extremely detrimental to the team if not handled properly.  That being said, I agree that it should be done.

4) Require english to be the broadcaster language

No special opinion here.  I agree that more language variety is good, but English should still be the primary one.

5) Require the broadcaster to not have a follower alert

I'm sure some people were eagerly awaiting my response to this as the only person in the team still with a follower alert.  I get that you don't like them, Den, and most people don't, but you really can't tell someone how to run their stream.  You tried this same thing before by saying that you cannot join the team if you look at your viewercount while streaming.  Explaining the negative effects of things like using follower alerts or calling out lurkers or watching your viewercount is enough, and then it's up to the streamer to do what they want with that information.  Doing/having these may work for some streamers even if it doesn't work for everyone.  HOWEVER, I do understand the negatives of using the alert, and at this point mine has way overstayed its welcome as something that was just supposed to be a joke.  This just gives me a reason to finally go back to not having one.  I will remove mine, but do not make it something you're forced to do in order to be on the team.

6) Every member in the team would be required to enable auto hosting feature

This part I'm very much on the fence about.  On one hand, conformity with a change like this could strengthen the bonds in our team, but on the other hand, there are still members who don't want big chats and don't want a ton of recognition (which was made very apparent during FGM if you remember). I'm kind of leaning towards forcing its use because then no one is allowed to distance themself, but I would like to see opinions from the more reclusive members of our team.

And what BBF_ asked about hosting is something I was also wondering about.  It wasn't answered in the blog post, so it'd be great if someone here knows and could shed some light on it:
A question about the auto-hosting: How does it choose what member of the team gets hosted if several are streaming? This could lead to some very unfavorable situations if two or more members happen to stream at the same time frequently, while only one gets all the hosts (if it depends on viewer count, follower count or whatever).

*EDIT* We should definitely hold off on using auto-host for now, though, because it is a new feature on Twitch which means it will be horribly buggy and broken.  Apparently auto-host kicks on if you keep dropping frames, and I'm sure it does the same if your internet completely dies for a bit too long.  Would be really annoying to deal with.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Post the fangame you just beat!
« on: August 18, 2016, 02:03:41 AM »
Also, how can I make the image be in the post like most people do? When I try putting the link between the insert image things i only get a small picture icon.
When you get a prnt.sc link, you are just on a website that has the image embedded.
You need to right click the picture and click "Open image in new tab" and use the URL for that instead.

Using the https://image.prntscr.com/image/fefc57bdc761457fb92d9780236e1c41.png link gives you this:

(click to show/hide)

Video Discussion / Re: I wanna be the Churatch Impossible mode clear
« on: August 05, 2016, 02:50:58 AM »

Video Discussion / Re: Deathless FTFA run in 2:26
« on: August 05, 2016, 02:49:28 AM »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

General Discussion / Re: Delete
« on: July 30, 2016, 08:44:24 AM »
Hey, Shoe.  I didn't get to this thread in time to actually read what it said, so I watched back your return stream to see if I could figure out what this was all about.  I'll just say I'm sorry about everything that happened.  Know that I don't have anything against you.

I'll leave it there to avoid inciting more drama.

Video Games / Re: Super Cat Planet!
« on: July 14, 2016, 01:11:56 AM »
raocow's video is a classic, but I didn't really enjoy Cat Planet when I played it.  The movement is painfully slidey, and you bounce off everything you touch, so the platforming feels too difficult for the physics (even if the platforming isn't that hard).  I'll prolly still try out Super Cat Planet, though!

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: kamilia 3 save
« on: June 29, 2016, 11:42:50 PM »
I'm not sure you know what secret 5 does.

User-Made Creations / Re: I wanna G the POS v1.0
« on: June 23, 2016, 10:13:50 PM »
I haven't tried the game yet, but I just gotta say that those title cards are PAINFULLY large.

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hello, I'm back
« on: June 03, 2016, 02:00:01 PM »
woah cool welcome back

Video Discussion / Re: So This Happened
« on: May 21, 2016, 01:10:42 AM »
oh !

Meet and Greet! / Re: How did i even get here?
« on: May 12, 2016, 10:36:33 AM »
who are you

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23