Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Aronax

Pages: [1]
Game Design / Shortventure Contest 2018
« on: September 29, 2018, 11:48:03 AM »

It’s time for Shortventure Contest 2018!

What is this?
The idea behind this contest is to encourage more people in the community to make adventure games. We also want to encourage people who haven’t made IWBTG fangames before, or people who struggle to finish long fangames, to try and finish a game as best they can.

If you want to participate:
Join the contest Discord server, where you can talk to other participants, ask questions about the event, share your progress, and get help with your game. [DISCORD SERVER REDACTED]

Schedule
You may work on your game for 1 month, from now until November 1st. You don’t have to use the entire month. Games should be uploaded to Aronax(Jamie)#3159 in DM’s on Discord by November 1st. After the contest, you are free to keep working on your game and to publish it whenever you want.

Theme
The theme for this year’s contest is Fear! Participants should try to incorporate fear into their games somehow. Having a theme is meant to give game makers a starting point and some inspiration. It’s also fun at the end of the contest to see how everyone interpreted the theme differently. So think outside the box and use whatever creative interpretation you like!

Jump scares are not allowed in your game. Even though the theme is fear, sudden loud noises and scary images suddenly appearing are not allowed - there are other ways to use the theme “fear”.

Rules and Guidelines
1. Games should incorporate the theme “fear” somehow. (no jump scares allowed)
2. Games should have around 20 minutes - 1 hour of gameplay. It’s okay if your game is longer or shorter, this is just a guideline to make sure people finish on time.
3. Difficulty should be between 10 - 40 on the Delicious-Fruit scale. (Beginner-friendly to Average)
4. Games should be “adventure games” - we don’t have an exact definition, but use your judgement based on other adventure games. Just don’t submit a pure needle game or Miku avoidance.
5. You may work by yourself or in a team of two.
6. Games should have debug mode enabled, so judges can progress if there are bugs or problems.
7. Put your complete game in a folder and include a readme.

Judging
We are planning to release results around 1 week after the contest ends (it may be 2 weeks if there are a lot of submissions). Each game will be given ratings in the following categories: Overall, Theme, Level Design, Atmosphere, and Audio. Participants will also receive written feedback on their game from each of the 6 judges: Aronax, Kurath, Naloa, Pieceofcheese87, Swordslinger, and Wolfiexe.

Prize Categories
This year, we have cash prizes! The prize categories are as follows. Participants are limited to winning no more than 2 categories. Teams of 2 who win prizes can split them amongst themselves.

Best Overall
1st place: $300, 2nd place: $200, 3rd place: $100
Best Newcomer Overall
1st place: $100, 2nd place: $50 - To qualify as a newcomer, you must have never made a fangame before, including any collaborative projects such as Spook Jam.
Best Theme
$50 - Creative use of the theme, and how well the theme is incorporated in the game.
Best Atmosphere
$50 - How well the game feels and looks, and creates an immersive and compelling experience.
Best Gimmick
$50 - A creative mechanic, and how well it is used in the game.
Best Boss
$50 - How well a boss (or bosses) are made and how well they fit in the game.
Best Troll/Trap
$50 - A well-made and funny trap in the game. This does not mean the whole game has to be a trap game, the prize is just for the best single trap.

Resources and Tips
Here are some videos of games from last year’s Shortventure contest to give you an idea of what to expect. If you’re a newcomer, don’t worry if your game isn’t as good as these!
I wanna spread my wings by Koslyn:
(click to show/hide)
I wanna End My Growth by Erik:
(click to show/hide)

If you are relatively new to fangames and would like to join in on this contest, Klazen has a written tutorial, and Patrick has a few tutorial videos.
https://klazen.com/IWBTG/tutorial/dev_tutorial.html
https://iwannacommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=2610
You can also ask for help about anything in the Discord server - we are happy to help!

The following websites are helpful for finding graphics and and sounds to use in your game:
httpss://www.sounds-resource.com/
httpss://www.spriters-resource.com/

Tips:
Put saves on the ground.
Make cutscenes skippable.
Use plenty of sound effects.
Get someone to play test before submitting it.
Theme can be interpreted in any way you want. Doesn't have to mean one specific thing.
Consider having a volume check.
Think outside the needle genre.
Make sound stereo not mono.
Make the music fit the screens.
Avoid generic random flying spikes.

So, if you want to try your hand at making a short IWBTG fangame, you’re more than welcome to join! Good luck to all participants, and happy game making!

Game Design / Aronax's Shortventure Contest 2017
« on: September 29, 2017, 07:16:36 PM »

Welcome to the first annual Shortventure Contest! Please read everything below to understand the rules and what needs to be done to enter. I hope you all have fun.

Each year, there is going to be a theme, and for this year the theme will be:

GROWTH

The judges:
Aronax (me)
Denferok
Naloa
Patrick
Pieceofcheese87
Wolfiexe

ALL games produced through this contest will have a written review and will be critiqued in detail by each judge in the contest. This can be good if you are new to making fangames or if you want some feedback from some respected creators of the community.

Guidelines for participating:

1. The theme "Growth" can be interpreted in any way you want, it's meant to inspire you. You don't have to take "obvious" routes or do the first thing that comes to mind. Be creative!
2. We recommend your game have 10min - 1 hour of gameplay. You wont be able to make an I Wanna Find My Destiny type game in a month. Remember: Quality over quantity!
3. Your game's difficulty should be between 10 - 40 on the Delfruit scale.
4. The term "Adventure game" means different things to different people, but this contest is generally adventure-themed. Just don't submit a pure needle game or a Miku avoidance.
6. Submit your game by November 1st!
7. Please enable debug mode on your entry in case there are bugs.
8. Include a README explaining how to play your game and or if you think players may get stuck.

Minimum and maximum difficulty reference:
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Judging categories:
Overall - The overall fun value of your game and how closely it represents an adventure game.
Theme - How well the theme was integrated, aswell as creativity.
Level Design - Creativity of your overall design, including any potential boss fights.
Atmosphere - Production value, environment and setting.
Audio - Fitting music for the environment, aswell as good use of sound effects.

Each category will have rankings, with "Overall" determining the overall rankings. 1st place overall will win the cash prize of $50 (or anything equivalent to that). There will be a Top 3 of each category released. And #1, #2, and #3 Overall, and #1 of the other categories will receive a shoutout on Delfruit with your own custom message.

Judging will finish one week after the deadline, so November 8th. After that date, you are free to release your game to the wiki / work on it some more / do whatever you like.

Here are some other tips from the judges regarding the actual creation of your games. Remember these are not mandatory, but they will help:
1. Saves on the ground.
2. Skippable cut-scenes.
3. Sound effect, this just helps to give the game more life.
4. Get someone to play test before submitting it.
5. Theme can be interpreted in any way you want. Doesn't have to mean one specific thing.
6. Consider having a volume check.
7. Think outside the needle genre.
8. Make sound stereo not mono.
9. Make the music fit the screens.
10. Avoid generic random flying spikes.

If you are struggling to find any resources to use, consider checking the websites below as they are full of useful sprites and sounds to help throughout development:
Useful wesbites:
httpss://www.sounds-resource.com/
httpss://www.spriters-resource.com/

If you are relatively new to fangames and would like to join in on this contest, Klazen has a fangame creation tutorial, that can be found here: https://klazen.com/IWBTG/tutorial/dev_tutorial.html

Gameplay & Discussion / Fangame Wiki - Assurance Tracker/Update
« on: August 22, 2017, 08:54:36 PM »
TRACKER POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

So I am going to keep this short. Lately some stuff in regards to the fangame wiki has went a bit south. To not go into to much detail, there has been two accounts of a bitminer that have been uploaded to the wiki with a fangame so I am making this as a second place to come to see if the games that get released on their are safe.

EVERY DAY I will download ALL new fangames that get submitted onto the wiki and make sure there are no issues with them which includes any type of malicious software or just any general problems with them until a new way of verifying games on the wiki appears. This will be done on a day to day basis with the date above all the fangames released that day with a small description on that specific fangame and if there are any problems or not.

If you need to message me or have any questions or feedback, please DM me on Discord @Aronax (Jamie)#3159

Be sure to bookmark this post if you want to be updated and check daily.
书签页面, 每日更新
ブックマークページと更新された毎日
책갈피 페이지 및 매일 업데이트

Note: If the game title is NOT in bold, it means its safe.

Normal Text = GOOD
Dark Text = BAD

Chinese:
正常文本 = 好
深色文本 = 坏

Japanese:
通常のテキスト = 良い
暗いテキスト = 悪い

Korean:
일반 텍스트 = 양호
다크 텍스트 = 나쁜

NEW WIKI IS HERE: https://blue.delicious-fruit.com/
NEW EASTERN WIKI IS HERE: https://ibbs.info/?id=iwanna
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
POSTPONING UPDATES UNTIL NEW YEAR

12/14/17
I Wanna Be The Reijii

12/11/17
I Wanna Find my Planet

12/08/17
I Wanna Fucking PARTY HARD!

12/07/17
I wanna 茂

12/06/17
I wanna Ю

12/02/17
I wanna find another cute cat girl
I wanna Slough ride
I Wanna Make the Marathon Needle 2
i wanna be the mistral

12/01/17
I wanna be the Yajutination

11/29/17
I wanna be the Solitary

11/27/17
I wanna spread my wings

11/26/17
I wanna no hold kid

11/24/17
I Wanna Be The Snippet
I Wanna Dance Tonight

11/23/17
I wanna be the Guilty
I wanna want the Colorful Nightmare

11/19/17
I wanna be the Grave

11/18/17
I wanna Kill the Sacred C3 2
I wanna Asuka
Building Worlds
I wanna 虫
I wanna Moment

11/17/17
I wanna kogda titkami devki tryasut
I wanna mofumofu
I wanna be the Double Baka

11/13/17
I wanna take turns
I Wanna Follow The Story

11/10/17
I wanna crack the watermelon
I Wanna Be The Knight In Shining Armor
I Wanna End My Growth
Kid World
I wanna Grow Up

11/09/17
I wanna Swing-bit Brawl

11/03/17
I Wanna Kill Originality

10/29/17
Just hot nuts

10/29/17
I wanna be the Fujimoko

10/28/17
I wanna Cooperation

10/24/17
I wanna enjoy the JUN-G SPIKE
I wanna be the freabliach story2

10/21/17
I wanna be the retreat
I wanna NewGame2
I wanna YS 3

10/20/17
Solnyshko

10/19/17
HARI

10/16/17
Not Another Falling Game

10/10/17
I Wanna Win The Miku

10/09/17
I wanna be the nantoka

10/08/17
I wanna be the Chris Needle
Old game called: "I wanna be the Charisma Breaker!! (Secret Casual Cheat Mod)" is a virus, if you have it, delete it and scan your system for issues.

10/07/17
I wanna HELL or HELL
I wanna be the Schizoid
I wanna Summer Feast!!
I Wanna Win The Miku

10/06/17
I wanna 天井三連
I wanna spend the day happily
I wanna try a Collab 2

10/05/17
I wanna tell you some excuse
I wanna play the ILispike2
I wanna BET

10/04/17
I wanna Tonchiki
Which do you wanna be the white or black

10/03/17
I Wanna Be The Senor
I wanna be the Raysponse

10/01/17
Discord
I Wanna be the Yuyuko
訂正します↓

09/30/17
spike i wanna escape 3: direction cut
I wanna be the Artisan
I wanna warp the worlds
I wanna be the Two Lost Projects

09/26/17
I wanna change the seasons

09/25/17
I wanna break the five wanna 3
I wanna be the idiot
I wanna Rainbow
I wanna REVERSE ESREVER
I wanna come from the north

09/24/17
I Wanna DSD1
I wanna want the Colorful Nightmare
I wanna huwahuwa spikes
I wanna be the IWANNAer
防災訓練の実況です

09/22/17
i wanna be the lapis
I wanna be the Bratia Bauks!!

09/19/17
I wanna be the fort flask

09/18/17
I accidentally a fanGame
I wanna be the kill the Undertale

09/17/17
I Wanna be the Ocean Princess

09/16/17
I wanna be the TSF
Domu
I Wanna Play The Spike Games Of Various Genres With Japanese Title Author Name And Long Title Name In Chaos With Difficult Chaos

09/15/17
I wanna Happy the Birthday Casualcrap?

Back from holiday games list, dates will start again after today.
I wanna be the Common spike 2
I wanna Casual
I Wanna Defeat the Meaninglessness
I wanna end the NEXT

09/05/17
I wanna best the 50 floors
I wanna fxxk the dog cancer
I wanna defeat the discord makers JP

09/04/17
I wanna use an Echo
I wanna do fraud

09/03/17
I wanna Sing The Eternity
I wanna be the Make Hardest Fangame

09/03/17
I just wanna play the Needle game 3
I wanna kill myself (the game title)

08/31/17
I wanna play a birthday Needle
I wanna be the one trap 4
I wanna uplift the needle
I Wanna Spike Lovegood
i wanna crack the candy

08/30/17
I wanna TAS the medley spike
I wanna EI

08/28/17
(Stuffed Fox) I Wanna; Mix

08/26/17
I wanna be the Escapism Now
I wanna be the rain
I Wanna EP

08/25/17
I Wanna Toshi The Clear Game
I wanna collab the R&D
アイワナ 東方畜針則 体験版 不具合訂正
i wanna be the RUKIMINSP
I wanna hold a memorial service for the festival

08/24/17
IWBT Kosyokusei IDOL Syoukogun
I Wanna Move Towards The Horizon
There is no Moster 2

08/23/17
I wanna through the Line Spikes

08/22/17
I wanna thank the El Zorgo - DO NOT DOWNLOAD - Bitminer attached.

Go to the file in the picture (JC being your system's name) and delete RuntimeBroker.exe and any files inside that folder. If for some reason you cannot delete it, try stopping the exe from running in your task manager and try again.

Once the exe has been stopped from running, go to this location in the registry ("regedit" in search bar) in the image below and remove "Microsoft Windows Frame RService by right clicking it and deleting it which removes the whole bitminer from trying to startup on a new computer boot.

I Wanna Let You Decide
I Wanna Kill The Meat Boy
I wanna abyss needle

08/21/17
I Wanna play the ILispike EZ verです
I Wanna YS 2
I Wanna YS
I Wanna Jump The Spike
遺影 Black
I wanna be the Choner
I Wanna Be The Recollective Sandglass - Been told that this has been deleted off people's computer when trying to open but that is just the antivirus with a false positive, the game is okay.

The Lounge / Logo Contest For My Weekly Series - THE RESULTS!!!
« on: March 22, 2017, 11:28:22 AM »
Thanks everyone who has participated in the logo contest, we had a lot of submissions, so much so that I had to delay the end date 3 whole times but that just means there is more amazing artwork that has been made. Below are the results and who has won! The contest was tallied by some of the most trustworthy people in the community to make sure that it was not a biased decision and the results will be based on those tallied votes.

If you have won, then please DM me on Discord regarding your prize, and I hope to do one of these again in the future!

First Place - Wolfiexe

Thanks Wolfi for your awesome design which won over all the judges with a massive 5 votes for number one!

Second Place - Patrick

In second place comes Patrick's submission which got 4 votes for number one!

Third Place - AlextheTroller

In third place by AlextheTroller's submission which got 3 votes for number one!

Thanks again for all the submissions guys, here is all of them in an Imgur too look at!
https://imgur.com/a/YZ4Ml

Again if you won, please DM me so we can talk about the prizes!

An interview on a Tuesday? THE MADMAN!!! In all seriousness though, sorry its a bit late this week, but university is catching up on me so I have to work hard this week, but nevertheless, an interview is still here so enjoy!

Infern0 has been one of the most prominent people in this community and continues to be part of it to this day. He is known for having one of the highest fangame clear lists of all time with over 1000 if you can believe that. He has also made plenty of fangames that we will talk about below in detail. Like most people in this community, he is a very nice guy and I had a lot of fun talking to him in this interview!

Aronax: Hi Infern0, thanks for taking the time for me to interview you, starting off, what is the history of your username?

Infern0: Pleasure to be here!

Infern0: I can't remember quite honestly; I think I used something similar during a game of laser tag back when I was in the 7th grade, and I ended up using it for stuff like XBox Live and etc.

Aronax: I see, so going off that question, at what age did you start playing fangames and why did you start playing them?

Infern0: I first began during the spring of 2013 I believe; I had actually seen a video of the original around the time it was released but forgot about it until a friend of mine brought it up some time in 2012. Once I beat the original, I moved on to (lord help me) Boshy, which was, obviously, my first fangame, and from that point on I began to delve further into fangames. I initially never played much other than the original and Boshy simply because I was unaware of how extensive fangames had become by then.

Aronax: Yeah I know a lot of people who say their first fangame is Boshy, but then again, it was so popular, it can't really be helped! So since you already answered my question about your first fangame, what would you tell someone who has just started out with fangames, do you have any tips for them?

Infern0: To start, I'd like to say that I'm probably not the most reliable person to approach if you're new to fangames, since what I find to be easy can often be way over their heads. I guess Pat's introduction to fangames page would be where I send them off, but I'd also direct them to clearlists by various members of the community such as Geezer, Denferok, and even mine (to some extent). I'd probably also advise them to delve into a wider variety of genres of fangames instead of steeping themselves into just one genre like I did with needle; I can't enjoy anything other than needle because of this and I kind of wish I could.

Aronax: Exactly the same boat as you, needle always feels superior to me now! So about making fangames, you have made quite a few and in saying that, do you have any tips for beginners who want to start creating fangames?

Infern0: First off: play a good amount of fangames before you begin doing anything; that was where I went wrong initially. Second off: if you're trying to be funny, you're almost definitely not going to be funny to a majority of people (there are a few exceptions to this, of course, but none that I can think of off-hand); something I see relatively often in new makers is that they try to make some joke game with minimal effort and once it's released they get a lot of hate for it. Third off: always make sure to test your game thoroughly when you do make it, whether it be by you personally or by testers; I understand that you can be anxious to get stuff out once you think it's finished, but that can often lead to a lot of problems with the game such as balancing and the overall quality just being much lower than it could have been. And finally: have fun with it; from my own experience and from a lot of other's, if you don't have fun making or playing your own game, others won't either.

Aronax: Some of the best advice I have ever seen, completely agreed. So speaking of created fangames, It's well known that you have a lot of games on your completed list, do you ever look at that number and think "have I really beaten that many"?

Infern0: I have, and I often question my sanity when I look at that number; I never really thought much about it prior to reaching the quadruple digits or when I'm in the process of beating whatever I have available, but I will agree it is kind of absurd. It's nothing in comparison to some other people, though; though I'm rapidly approaching this point, I still can't imagine having over 2000 clears like sunbla, Geezer, Kamilia, どるっぴ, and やもっち.

Aronax: Yeah your clear number always shocks me, but looking at Geezers and all the other creators numbers, it is just crazy! So going back to making fangames and relating to your own creations, what game are you most proud of?

Infern0: I'm split between I wanna fall into the snow and Phonotaxis. For the former, I had always wanted to make something much easier than what I usually create, but I never really thought it would turn out as good as it did; I would like to thank sudnep for being a banger tester for this, and I'd also like to apologize to him for having him play the game about 10 times within the span of a week because the other testers didn't really do anything. For the latter, I'm mostly proud of the overall aesthetic I created, especially the persistent particle system done in Lemon's engine (which was, by the way, a huge pain to perfect); though the needle itself is a but rougher in spots, I guess I'm just proud of what I can now achieve through coding, which I never thought I ever could have reached.

Aronax: Yeah I am a big fan of fall into the snow, though my first reaction back when I completed it didn't show that but I truly enjoyed it and can't wait to play Phonotaxis when I have the chance! since we are carrying on the topic of made games, what would you say are your favourite fangames outside of your own creations?

Infern0: Hands down I wanna be the TsuTaMao. I had more fun on my first playthrough than I have ever had with practically any other game I have played in my life, so much so that I actually try to speedrun it when I feel like it.

Aronax: Really need to play that game sometime, heard a lot of good things about it! So like last week I spoke to Piece about FM 2017 and since it's only around the corner, are you going to be doing anything in/for the event?

Infern0: Agh, I have no clue honestly; my current setup won't allow for me to participate in it because I was lucky to get a desktop that runs on Vista, which won't support ANY streaming software anymore (and I'm pretty miffed about that), and even then I have no clue if my internet could handle even the lowest bitrate settings. I have considered buying a new desktop recently, however, since I do have enough for it, but with the fact that I'll be graduating in a couple of months, I've been really indecisive about it. If by some chance things end up working out for it I'd love to do another run of TsuTaMao for it, since I have been meaning to do more after zero beat my record recently.

Aronax: Let's hope you can get a setup in time, would love to see you run a game this year! So final question and the one most people read for, would you rather fight 1 horse sized Geezer, or 100 duck sized Geezer's?

Infern0: Can I just answer with a 'no' to this? But in all--seriousness?--probably one horse-sized Geezer because I get flustered when there's too much to pay attention to at once.

Aronax: You can't say no and thankfully you didn't! thanks again for the interview, I had a great time (which is weird coming from the interviewer)!

Infern0: It was a pleasure! And as a closing note,

Thanks again Infern0, if you want to find him, have a gentle press on these links!

Twitch: httpss://www.twitch.tv/infern0man
Twitter: httpss://twitter.com/plainf_shoubun?lang=en-gb
Speedrun: httpss://www.speedrun.com/user/infern0man1
Discord: infern0man1#1173

~(=^・ω・^)ψ

Blue cheese really is disgusting. Thanks for keeping up with the interviews!
Thanks for enjoying them Kyir!

The Lounge / Weekly Fangame Interviews - Fifth Week: Pieceofcheese87
« on: March 06, 2017, 01:16:44 PM »
Before we start, I just want to remind everyone that starting this week, the questions after the main few are going to be more unique to that person instead of having them all the same like before. Enjoy.

In today's interview, I am going to be talking to Pieceofcheese87 (also known as Piece), we discuss multiple things like game making and the process of Cultured 2 and he even gives some tips for beginners. Piece has been playing fangames for a long time (most likely being one of the oldest members of our community) and is still active and making games to this day. He is (like most people at this point) one of the nicest people to talk to and is always there to answer any questions regarding fangames. Enjoy the interview guys!

Aronax: Hey Piece, thanks for taking the time for me to interview you! So first question, is there a history to your username and is it related to fangames in any way?

Piece: I wish I had an interesting reason behind it, but my case is basically the same as Stinkycheese where my 10 year old mind decided on the first thing that came to mind. I think I even misspelled it as "peice" at first. And no, the number 87 does not mean anything.

Aronax: That is funny, so is there a reason why your name is so similar to Stonks?

Piece: It's a complete coincidence, but yeah we think alike in a lot of ways.

Aronax: Yeah its very strange. So more about the past, what age did you start playing fangames and why did you start playing them?

Piece: It's hard to say but I found IWBTG at 9 years old probably. I didn't find out about fangames until a year later but I wanted to try them because I thought the original was so entertaining. Appropriately my first fangame was I wanna be the Fangame.

Aronax: Already answered my next question, Fangame is a real classic for sure! So since you are one of the oldest members of this community, do you have any tips that may help new players who want to get into fangames?

Piece: Well in my mind there are two ways to get into fangames. If you want to play fangames and get good at them, there are plenty of resources available. Patrick's introduction page is a great place to start for beginner fangames. The community is also always willing to answer questions someone has about fangame mechanics whether on the forums or the discord. The other way to get into fangames is to become a creator. Klazen has an amazing tutorial for game maker and we have a special gamemaking channel in our discord for answering questions. This community is special because you can instantly get recognised and have a reputation from making a good game. sorry for long message.

Aronax: Long messages are the best anyway, so keep that going! Since we are on the topic of creating fangames, that is also something you have been doing for a long time, do you have any personal advice in that aspect?

Piece: My advice for aspiring fangame creators is not to get too ambitious for your first project. Planning a super long adventure game can overwhelm you and not work out great. And don't be demoralised if your games don't get good reviews, we can always learn from what we do wrong. This is coming from someone who made several disaster fangames before I made something remotely enjoyable. (The first time Paragus played Make a Sandwich, he quit on the first stage and yelled at me!).

Aronax: Good ol' Paragus! so with your long history of created fangames, and one of those being Cultured 2,  what was the process for a game that big and were you happy with the final result?

Piece: I could write a novel on the entire process of cultured 2, but in brief it was a mess. It's by far the biggest project i've been a part of and it took a full 2+ years to complete. It started out as just me and Paragus as cultured 1 was, but we gradually started recruiting more people to work on the game. We used Trello to organise everything that had to be done and the "Bugs" list was a mile long at one point. If it wasn't for Klazen working his ass off to fix all the bugs, I don't even know if the game would be finished today. And yes, I am very happy with the result.

Piece: And for my fellow cultured 2 devs, How's it going?

Aronax: Yeah Klazen is a champ, always there to help! So again relating back to the fangames you have made, what game are you most proud of and why do I have a feeling its Cultured 2 :)

Piece: Of course i'm very proud of Cultured 2, it's a miracle we finished it. For projects I made alone, I'm most proud of Jungle Adventure.

Aronax: How could you not be, Jungle Adventure is an incredible game! And what would you say are your favourite fangames outside of your own creations?

Piece: Zanto's games (IDWBA1 and 2) are high up there as some of the most memorable games i've played to date. Find my destiny is a super well polished adventure game, and I wanna classic is full of variety and weirdness. I also love I wanna get Rekt.

Aronax: Good choices, so second to last question, FM 2017 is coming soon, will you have any role in it this year or are you thinking about running anything?

Piece: Of course, how could I not. I'm planning on doing a run of IDWBA1 which should take give or take 3.5 hours. I may also volunteer on the tech crew and may or may not be working on something special.

Aronax: Oh that sounds interesting, would love to watch a IDWBA1 run and something special you say, I have a guess but I won't give it away! So the last and best question, would you rather fight 1 horse sized Geezer, or 100 duck sized Geezer's?

Piece: Funny thing about Geezer and horses, he worked on Make a Sandwich for a short while and inserted some horses into my game and gave them a funny sound effect. Anyway I would fight the horse geezer because the 100 duck geezers would throw their gigantic clear lists at me.

Aronax: What an amazing reason, so before ending the interview, do you have anything you want to say to the community?

Piece: Blue cheese is disgusting.

Aronax: Agreed, thanks again for the interview!

Piece: NP thanks for having me!

Thanks again for the interview Piece, if you want to find him, here are his links:
Twitch: httpss://www.twitch.tv/pieceofcheese87
Twitter: httpss://twitter.com/Cheesymcgee
Speedrun: httpss://www.speedrun.com/user/pieceofcheese87
Discord: pieceofcheese87#8241

The Lounge / Weekly Fangame Interviews - Fourth Week: IPECAC
« on: February 27, 2017, 03:01:48 PM »
Before this interview begins, I would like to remind people that the Fangame interviews logo contest ends on March 10th with a $30 first prize updated from $20 so if you want to win, then get to making those logo's. More details here if you are not aware of the contest:

https://iwannacommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=2575.msg18182#msg18182

In today's interview, we talk to a fellow by the name of Ipecac. Ipecac like most of the people in this community these days has been here for a long time and is a genuinely nice person (with a lot of memes). Ipecac is well known for his streams where he mainly plays avoidance fangames and for good reason (as he is better than most of us) and with the stream and provide a very entertaining watch if you happen to catch him. Enjoy the interview guys!

Aronax: What is the history of your username and is it related to fangames or the community in any way?

IPECAC: The day i found about Twitch I was really into the Binding Of Isaac and back then i didn't know what name to get so i just went with an item from that game and is one of my favorites. It was never related to any kind of fangames and back then I didn't even know about fangames either at the time.

Aronax: What age did you start playing fangames and why did you start playing them?

IPECAC: I think I started in 2013 when I was 13. When i saw Boshy for the first time I really liked the concept of it and I was pleasantly surprised how much i enjoyed it. After that I found about the community on twitch and got even more into them, so now i just enjoy my stay.

Aronax: Awesome! So do you remember what the first fangame you played was and if so, what do you remember of it?

IPECAC: It was Boshy as I mentioned in the previous answer. From what I can remember I really liked it, beat it prolly 10-ish times mainly cause I didn't know there were other fangames. My first time beating it prolly took around 10k deaths, but the feeling I got from it were amazing. It was truly an experience back then. These days I may not enjoy it as much, but you never know :thinking:

Aronax: I see and what would you tell someone who has just started out with fangames, and what games do you suggest them playing as beginners?

IPECAC: I would say they need to have patience,because patience is the key to getting into fangames. If your not willing to put time into playing them, then fangames aren't probably for you. And for some beginner fangames I would suggest stuff like: Celebrate 100, little runner, Yellow star, Greeeen, Dark blue and if you want some easy avoidances you could also try Eat the ___ series or easy Miku 1 and 2.

Aronax: Good choices! Since you play a lot of avoidance, what would you say your favourite avoidance is and is there a reason?

IPECAC: My favourite avoidance is if(I wanna get the good luck){with(kakki){destroy! kill! genocide!}}柿デスver.Insanely well made avoidance with gorgeous visuals and a lot of creativity put into. Also a very SourPls song that will keep you motivated to keep playing.

Aronax: I see and what are your personal favourite fangames outside of avoidance and why?

IPECAC: Outside of avoidance my favourites are Dun Wanna Be Anything 2,find my destiny and Metamorphosis. Anything 2 was a great experience when I played. Zanto put a lot of effort into it and you can clearly see it. The game is long and very worth playing for all the stuff it has. Find my destiny is another great game divided into 10 stages. Each of those stages are amazingly done and there are also bosses with great design. Metamorphosis is prolly my all time favourite though. That is one of the few games that I can play right now and I know I will truly enjoy and laugh. Its design is just phenomenal and will give you a lot of laugh while you play it.

Aronax: 2 more questions, If you had to pick, who do you think is the most influential in our community and for what reason?

IPECAC: I think most influential person for me will be stinky. I think he was the first stream that I watched playing fangames. He is a very nice guy and after I started watching him I wanted to become better at fangames. I cant really think of anything else so yea. Thanks for making fangames a part of me <3

Aronax: Couldn't agree more, such a nice guy. Last question and the one everyone is waiting for, would you rather fight 1 horse sized Geezer, or 100 duck sized Geezer's?

IPECAC: I would fight 100 duck sized geezer's manly, because ducks are cute and I'm gonna hug them all to death :)

Aronax: That would work quite well I bet, thank you for your time Ipecac!

IPECAC: NP

Thanks again for the interview IPECAC, here are his links if you want to contact him!
Twitch: httpss://www.twitch.tv/ipecacman
Twitter: httpss://twitter.com/ipecacman
Speedrun: https://www.speedrun.com/user/IPECACMAN
Discord: IPECAC#6322

The Lounge / Weekly Fangame Interviews - Third Week: Naloa
« on: February 20, 2017, 11:59:29 AM »
So now that we are are on our third week of interviews, I would like to add that after this interview and the one already made for next week, most of the question will be getting a redo with them being more unique from person to person.

Naloa (also known as Naloas) on Twitch has been in the community for a long while now and is especially prominent in the IWanna streaming community where he is known for playing various fangames of all difficulty and even has week long streams where plays the bigger fangames that are avaliable. Naloa was also one of the runners in 2016's Fangame Marathon where he ran Classic and had a few issues with a certain stage making it one of the most memorable runs that year. He is genuinely one of the nicest people in our community and always fun to talk to.  If you want to check him out, his Twitch and other information will be available after the interview. Enjoy!

Aronax: What is the history of your username and is it related to fangames or the community in any way?

Naloa: My username comes from years ago when I played World of Warcraft. The original name I made was pretty bad, basically just being my real name with numbers. I actually based it off a friends name at the time that I thought was cool (Naravia) and tried to make my own version of it.

Aronax: Interesting! So what age did you start playing fangames and why did you start playing them?

Naloa: I think it was when I was 22? A few years ago at least, because I'd seen Denferok doing Kamilia 2 speedruns and thought it looked cool.

Aronax: Do you remember what the first fangame you played was?

Naloa: Honestly? I think it was Kamilia 3 in December 2013 when it had just been released. I didn't get very far.

Aronax: Kamilia 3: The nightmare of every players first fangame! Do you suggest other people playing fangames and if yes, what games do you suggest to beginners?

Naloa: I tend to suggest challenge 100 trials!!, like a lot of people. Although the people asking me for suggestions tend to have already convinced themselves to play them.

Aronax: So you have a varied history in the community speedrunning specific fangames, what got you into speedrunning?

Naloa: Haha, I wouldn't call myself the most committed speedrunner. I'd always been interested in doing it from watching a lot of speedruns as well, although my reason for speedrunning a game tends to just be "I want to play this game more".

Aronax: Are you planning on making any fangames in the future?

Naloa: I've got a bunch of ideas written down, but I'd need to spend a ton of time learning gamemaker before I could make any of them a reality, so maybe eventually, Soon™.

Aronax: Can't wait! What is your personal favourite fangame, if any?

Naloa: I Wanna Classic

Aronax: And why is that?

Naloa: Because it has gimmicks that most fangames don't tend to use, like the Time Travel stage where you use multiple kids to get an item back to the start, it has a lot of stages, and no stage feels similar to another to me.
And of course, the final avoidance for "All Clear" is incredibly unique even as far as avoidances go.

Aronax: A varied fangame for sure. If you had to pick, who are your favourite members of the community?

Naloa: Definitely myself :) Seriously though, there's quite a few people I like, same as everyone. I'm sure it would take me a while to get through the list of everyone I care about and why. I don't know if it's really possible for me to say I like one person more than another.

Aronax: You are just to embarrassed to say me, that's it isnt it?

Naloa: Uh...

Naloa: AFK

Aronax: Damn...

Aronax: Okay last question and the best one on this list: would you rather fight 1 horse sized Geezer, or 100 duck sized Geezer's?

Naloa: Definitely 1 horse sized Geezer, I don't need to give him 100 hims to figure out how to defeat me, and he'd probably just swarm me anyway. At least with 1 of him I can keep an eye on where he is so I can tell when I can run the hell away.

Aronax: Very unique answer, but I am with you on that. Thanks for your time Naloa!

You can find all his links below:
Twitch: httpss://www.twitch.tv/naloas
Twitter: httpss://twitter.com/NaloaTwitch
Speedrun: httpss://www.speedrun.com/user/Naloa
Discord: Naloa#2570

Here is his recent clear of Big Kid because it is insane:

More good content! In the future when you talked to game creators I would personally be interested in hearing more about their process, things they would change if they went back to old creations, things like that. Looking forward to more!

Totally agree, will definitely be adding more questions in the future regarding the making of games :D

Before we begin this interview, I would like to add after some consideration, the weekly interviews will be moved to Mondays from now on. This is mostly because I am out of college on Mondays meaning its easier to get the interviews out on a stricter schedule, thanks guys.

The second interview is with a very popular person in the community, Stinkycheeseone890, better known as Stonk. Stonk has been playing fangames since the very beginning and has become one of the most prominent faces in the community as a whole. With his charisma and charming good looks, his Twitch stream is one of, if not the most popular in fangames. One of the big reasons he is so popular (other than his face of course), is because he is known as probably the best Kamilia 3 player, this adding onto the fact that he has the world record on every category, makes him a must watch. Not only is he a very entertaining streamer, but he is also an incredibly nice and humble person when he isn't a giant meme (but even then he is still pretty cool). Enjoy the interview!

Stonk: My username was made when I was twelve years old on Justin.tv and needed a username, and I picked this, no reason or backing behind it. This was 7 years ago.

Aronax: What age did you start playing fangames and why did you start playing them?

Stonk: Played the original IWBTG way back when i was 12 years old, same time I made my justin tv account basically, played it when it was all the "rage" on youtube and i thought hey i wanna try it, ended up liking it a lot and played some more.

Aronax: Do you remember what the first fangame you played was?

Stonk: I Wanna Be The GB, would not recommend.

Aronax: Agreed. Do you suggest other people playing fangames and if yes, what games do you suggest to beginners?

Stonk: I do yeah, they're fun, but focus on self improvement and not getting mad every time you die. I'd probably recommend I Wanna Be The Animus or I Wanna Be The Little Runner for beginner fangames.

Aronax: Good choices. So you have made a lot of fangames in your history, do you have any notable moments in the making of any of them?

Stonk: I've thought of a lot of great gimmicks and stuff while making them, and the best parts of game making is when you mess programming something up so bad it ends up being something completely different than what you had in mind, and you create an entirely new mechanic from a bug, happened to me several times making my game Chair 2.

Aronax: So about Chair 2, how is that going?

Stonk: I haven't worked on it in a while seriously, I'm probably going to scrap the final boss I had in mind and move a previous boss to be the final boss, make the credits and release it soonish.

Aronax: You heard it here first!!! So how was AGDQ, explain the feeling; being the first person in a long time to run a fangame must of been awesome, do you have any stories from while you were there?

Stonk: AGDQ was a blast, I was super duper incredibly nervous but apparently that didn't really show, thankfully. Getting to show thousands of people NANG was a great time, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Not too much interesting happened, but we went to Cheesecake Factory one night and I paid my friend Klazen to pick up the ball of whipped cream off of his plate that he didn't eat and carry it out to the car. Glorious night that was.

Aronax: Good ol' Klazen ay! So back to fangames, what is your personal favourite fangame, if any, and why?

Stonk: Favourite right now is probably Not Another Magic Tower Game actually. It's got a ton of diverse enemy fights, offense, defense, experience, and hp systems. The bossfights are all unique enough to make them all feel really different, and they're all made really well. Not to mention the platforming is pretty fun too, though that's not the main focus of the game.

Aronax: Just like Wolfi funnily enough! If you had to pick, who are your favourite members of the community and why is it me?

Stonk: I think my favourite members are everyone but aronax, that guy can shove off.

Aronax: Yeah and he seems to have a fascination for bread, so weird! The final and best question: Would you rather fight 1 horse sized Geezer, or 100 duck sized Geezer's?

Stonk: Oh definitely 100 duck sized geezers, they're way easier to cook.

Aronax: Best answer. Thanks for your time Stonk.

Thanks again for the interview my dude, keep those speedrun records alive! You can find all his links below (touch them slowly, he likes that!).

Twitch: httpss://www.twitch.tv/stinkycheeseone890
Twitter: httpss://twitter.com/Stinkycheeseone
Speedrun: httpss://www.speedrun.com/user/Stinkycheeseone890
Discord: Stonk#5839

The Lounge / Logo Contest For My Weekly Series - Money Prize!
« on: February 08, 2017, 06:48:17 PM »
So I have started a new forum weekly series called "Fangame interviews" which can be found here: https://iwannacommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=2574.0

I am making a contest in which I want a logo made that says the words "Fangame interviews".

The deadline is the 20th/21st of March.

FOR SUBMISSIONS, DO NOT POST HERE, DM ME ON DISCORD @Aronax (Jamie)#3159

Rules:
1. One person can only submit UP TO 3 pictures MAX, no more than that.
2. Be as crazy as you want, go overboard.
3. But make it readable and preferably as big as the forum can handle and no larger.
4. Try to have the least amount of fun possible for my own amusement.

Prizes
First place: $30 plus a big wet kiss!
Second place $10 and a strong virtual handshake.
Third place: You win the best prize out of them all... 69 cents, don't spend it all in one place! (69 cents is not guaranteed.)

Thanks guys!

EDIT: Here is a meme logo from Klazen to satisfy you all:

The Lounge / New Weekly Fangame Interviews - First Week: Wolfiexe
« on: February 08, 2017, 06:13:17 PM »
So this is the first week of what I call the "Fangame Interviews", they will happen on a weekly basis (unless I start running out which doesn't look like its going to happen) and will consist of me interviewing some of the most well known people in our community. As long as people read this, I will do it for as long as possible. If you want to be interviewed, please slide into my DM's on Discord, my username is Aronax (Jamie)#3159. Thank you!

For the first interview we will be speaking to a person by the name of Wolfiexe. He has recently made a fangame which we will get into soon. He has been part of the community for a long time and even has a stream where he plays Kamilia 3 and speedruns it to bossrush, just bossrush% and sometimes stage 5% (yes, you read that right). Here is the interview, we hope you enjoy and get some insight on the way!

Wolfiexe: It isn't related to fangames, in fact I don't recall how it originated in the first place. I think it was one of those names I just signed up for something with when trying to think of a username, and it just kind of stuck since then

Wolfiexe: I probably played the original IWBTG and then I Wanna Be The Fangame like 7 years ago or so whenever it came out, just because I was looking for hard platformers. I stopped for a while because there wasn't really anything else out at the time, but came back a few years later to play through Boshy after I saw Kalemandu doing runs of it. Then like 1.5-2~ years ago or so I started getting into them seriously after watching more of them and talking to people who played them a lot, so I guess I was around 22 when I started playing them seriously.

Aronax: Do you suggest other people playing fangames and if yes, what games do you suggest to beginners?

Wolfiexe: Yeah if you're a fan of platformers in general I'd always recommend them, so long as you don't mind the nature of them which is that you're going to be spending a lot of time dying. I'd probably recommend stuff like I Wanna be the Animus or Challenge 100 Trials as pure starter games, and then moving onto stuff like Not Another Needle Game, Celebrate 100 and Run the Marathon when you're looking for more of a challenge.

Aronax: Great! So you made your first fangame recently called "I Wanna Weave Through The Witch's Needle", why did you make it and was there any inspiration during development of the game?

Wolfiexe: I wanted to try my hand at creating a fangame, even if it was just a needle game so that I could familiarise myself with Game Maker a little more and see if I could make some needle that people would find fun to play. There's a whole lot of needle games out there, so I guess I was trying to make it so it won't just be another needle game people will forget about in a week. Maybe it will, but I was happy with the reception that it got and that people found it fun. I guess inspiration for the style of needle itself came from playing games from people like Kalemandu, Stinkycheeseone890 and AlexBrogan69. I'm still trying to improve and figure out ways to be creative with needle but it was a fun experience!

Aronax: Wonderful, three more questions! What is your personal favourite fangame, if any, and why?

Wolfiexe: That's a hard question actually, but at the moment it's probably Not Another Magic Tower Game just for the originality and how much fun I've had with it. I could probably mention Kamilia 3 but I think burn-out became very real with that game and it's definitely got a lot wrong with it for me to say it's my favourite. On the shorter side, stuff like I Wanna Bread and Uhuhu Spike 2 are personal favourites just out of enjoyment.

Aronax: Our friendship has just ended for you mentioning I Wanna Bread. If you HAD to pick one, who is your favourite member of the community and why?

Wolfiexe: Uhhh, picking a favourite community member is like impossible to be honest. Hate to be THAT guy who gives a generic non-specific answer but the community is awesome enough to the point where I can't find a single answer for that one I'm afraid. Do I HAVE to?

Aronax: This is mandatory I'm afraid, I can let you off if you name a few!

Wolfiexe: Um, I can try and pick a few. Igzicorus was a big inspiration for me in terms of improving at fangames and keeping a good attitude, and Stinkycheeseone890 gave me a lot of motivation for various games I've played and attempted to improve at so I'd mention those two off the top of my head.

Wolfiexe: I could mention like another 50 but I don't think we'll have the time

Aronax: Agreed! Last question, and my personal favourite. Would you rather fight 1 horse sized Geezer, or 100 duck sized Geezer's?

Wolfiexe: Oh christ on a bike

Wolfiexe: I'm gonna go with the 100 duck sized Geezers

Aronax: Any reason for that?

Wolfiexe: It might look cute, whereas a horse sized Geezer would be more intimidating. I think I'd be screwed either way but at least 100 duck sized ones would look funny for a brief while

Aronax: Very good insight on that question, thank you for your time and I look forward to all your games in the future!

Wolfiexe: Awesome, thanks! o/

Thanks again to Wolfiexe for the interview. You can find him here if you want to meet this beautiful human being:

Twitch: httpss://www.twitch.tv/wolfiexe
Twitter: httpss://twitter.com/wolfiexe
Speedrun: httpss://www.speedrun.com/user/Wolfiexe
Discord: Wolfiexe#3182
His New Fangame: httpss://www.delicious-fruit.com/ratings/game_details.php?id=18424

Next interview is with: Stinkycheeseone890 (Stonk) and we talk about his long anticipated game Chair 2!

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Windows 10 Cultured + GENKI fix
« on: September 06, 2016, 11:46:11 AM »
Do you think it would be ok to apply this to everything we upload or should we leave it up to the players to decide to do it if they have a problem?

I personally have applied this patch to my 4GB folder of fangames and none of them had ANY issues whatsoever; so in that regard its fine.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Windows 10 Cultured + GENKI fix
« on: September 05, 2016, 09:07:53 PM »
I made a simple program that applies the fix to all exe files in a folder and all its subfolders. Aronax said a recent windows 10 update caused all fangames to need this fix, and using CFF explorer to do them all individually was a pain.

WARNING: Use at your own risk. Backup your whole fangame folder if you want to be safe. I take no responsibility if this tool fucks up your shit.

Download: httpss://www.dropbox.com/s/cn71cupoj1yycu9/win10fixer%20ver1.exe?dl=0
Source code (C#): httpss://www.dropbox.com/s/cusaqzzfx5cluv5/win10fix2.zip?dl=0
A pastebin of the source file if you just want to peek at it: https://pastebin.com/8KeNAgX9

Tested this software and works like a charm, if you have any issues with slowdown or lag (especially on W10 which is what this was made for), this should fix all of that. I have heard some people do not need this fix but I did and it fixed all the issues for me.

Pages: [1]