Author Topic: Weekly Fangame Interviews - Second Week: Stinkycheeseone890 (Stonk)  (Read 1772 times)

Aronax

• Wannabe
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 55.0.2883.87 Chrome 55.0.2883.87
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Before we begin this interview, I would like to add after some consideration, the weekly interviews will be moved to Mondays from now on. This is mostly because I am out of college on Mondays meaning its easier to get the interviews out on a stricter schedule, thanks guys.

The second interview is with a very popular person in the community, Stinkycheeseone890, better known as Stonk. Stonk has been playing fangames since the very beginning and has become one of the most prominent faces in the community as a whole. With his charisma and charming good looks, his Twitch stream is one of, if not the most popular in fangames. One of the big reasons he is so popular (other than his face of course), is because he is known as probably the best Kamilia 3 player, this adding onto the fact that he has the world record on every category, makes him a must watch. Not only is he a very entertaining streamer, but he is also an incredibly nice and humble person when he isn't a giant meme (but even then he is still pretty cool). Enjoy the interview!

Aronax: What is the history of your username and is it related to fangames or the community in any way?

Stonk: My username was made when I was twelve years old on Justin.tv and needed a username, and I picked this, no reason or backing behind it. This was 7 years ago.

Aronax: What age did you start playing fangames and why did you start playing them?

Stonk: Played the original IWBTG way back when i was 12 years old, same time I made my justin tv account basically, played it when it was all the "rage" on youtube and i thought hey i wanna try it, ended up liking it a lot and played some more.

Aronax: Do you remember what the first fangame you played was?

Stonk: I Wanna Be The GB, would not recommend.

Aronax: Agreed. Do you suggest other people playing fangames and if yes, what games do you suggest to beginners?

Stonk: I do yeah, they're fun, but focus on self improvement and not getting mad every time you die. I'd probably recommend I Wanna Be The Animus or I Wanna Be The Little Runner for beginner fangames.

Aronax: Good choices. So you have made a lot of fangames in your history, do you have any notable moments in the making of any of them?

Stonk: I've thought of a lot of great gimmicks and stuff while making them, and the best parts of game making is when you mess programming something up so bad it ends up being something completely different than what you had in mind, and you create an entirely new mechanic from a bug, happened to me several times making my game Chair 2.

Aronax: So about Chair 2, how is that going?

Stonk: I haven't worked on it in a while seriously, I'm probably going to scrap the final boss I had in mind and move a previous boss to be the final boss, make the credits and release it soonish.

Aronax: You heard it here first!!! So how was AGDQ, explain the feeling; being the first person in a long time to run a fangame must of been awesome, do you have any stories from while you were there?

Stonk: AGDQ was a blast, I was super duper incredibly nervous but apparently that didn't really show, thankfully. Getting to show thousands of people NANG was a great time, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Not too much interesting happened, but we went to Cheesecake Factory one night and I paid my friend Klazen to pick up the ball of whipped cream off of his plate that he didn't eat and carry it out to the car. Glorious night that was.

Aronax: Good ol' Klazen ay! So back to fangames, what is your personal favourite fangame, if any, and why?

Stonk: Favourite right now is probably Not Another Magic Tower Game actually. It's got a ton of diverse enemy fights, offense, defense, experience, and hp systems. The bossfights are all unique enough to make them all feel really different, and they're all made really well. Not to mention the platforming is pretty fun too, though that's not the main focus of the game.

Aronax: Just like Wolfi funnily enough! If you had to pick, who are your favourite members of the community and why is it me?

Stonk: I think my favourite members are everyone but aronax, that guy can shove off.

Aronax: Yeah and he seems to have a fascination for bread, so weird! The final and best question: Would you rather fight 1 horse sized Geezer, or 100 duck sized Geezer's?

Stonk: Oh definitely 100 duck sized geezers, they're way easier to cook.

Aronax: Best answer. Thanks for your time Stonk.

Thanks again for the interview my dude, keep those speedrun records alive! You can find all his links below (touch them slowly, he likes that!).

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/stinkycheeseone890
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Stinkycheeseone
Speedrun: https://www.speedrun.com/user/Stinkycheeseone890
Discord: Stonk#5839

Don't ask me to test bosses. It will always be a no.

Kyir

• The Kid
  • Normal Guy
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 56.0.2924.87 Chrome 56.0.2924.87
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Fangame Interviews - Second Week: Stinkycheeseone890 (Stonk)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 10:00:29 PM »
More good content! In the future when you talked to game creators I would personally be interested in hearing more about their process, things they would change if they went back to old creations, things like that. Looking forward to more!

Aronax

• Wannabe
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 55.0.2883.87 Chrome 55.0.2883.87
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 12:03:20 PM »
More good content! In the future when you talked to game creators I would personally be interested in hearing more about their process, things they would change if they went back to old creations, things like that. Looking forward to more!

Totally agree, will definitely be adding more questions in the future regarding the making of games :D
Don't ask me to test bosses. It will always be a no.

3-headed monkey

• Cherry Eater
  • he just...walked right into the spike...
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 51.0 Firefox 51.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 01:57:37 PM »
Nice interviews, I'd be very interested as well to hear if the players have any tips or advice for improving at fangames. Thanks!