Fangames > Unfinished / Incomplete

I Wanna Be The Anarchistificationator Update 6-19-2015 "Build 6"

<< < (3/5) > >>

Stepcore:
The game looks quite good and the sound/music is nice.
Clicking things for info is a nice touch.
The little text message for each room is cool.

I played through the prototype, here's my Criticism/Feedback:
(click to show/hide)RNG or random looking platforming is never good. The screens with platforms and spike balls going all over the place need to be cleaned up.

You might be too quick both introducing new things and making them obsolete. I feel like you need to ease in each gimmick. Already on screen 7 you have both hovering, multiple hovers and trampolines introduced in 1 screen. But then they are never used again shortly after that.

Difficulty is in general quite inconsistent and there are too many diagonals. Screen 7 for example: Save 1 and 2 are hard, but save 3 and 4 are free. Also Screen 20 is easier than screen 3.

Room 14: I dislike rooms with just 1 type of jump repeated in different ways. Also, right->left->right level design is kinda bland.

Room 19: If you take the 2nd save, the warp should trigger without you having to go near it IMO.

Room 20: Some collisions don't block your bullets, so you can shoot the hype save from the 4th save.

Small things:
(click to show/hide)
* You can click stuff for info, but the spikes only react if you click on the outline. If you click inside them, nothing happens.
* If you jump while floating is active, you just do a jump cancel. I feel like it should cancel out the floating and do a djump.
* The underwater fire kinda loses it's punch by not being introduced outside of water first. Also, it's quite hard to tell how big the fire's hitbox really is.
* When you close the game and open it back up, it starts you where you last saved instead of on the title screen.
* Room 7: https://gyazo.com/6ebf094d07c58a5e6a38eb5cd0a7256b Background looks kinda messed up there.

TheGamerGuy500:

--- Quote from: Stepcore on February 22, 2015, 11:17:24 AM ---The game looks quite good and the sound/music is nice.
Clicking things for info is a nice touch.
The little text message for each room is cool.

I played through the prototype, here's my Criticism/Feedback:
(click to show/hide)RNG or random looking platforming is never good. The screens with platforms and spike balls going all over the place need to be cleaned up.

You might be too quick both introducing new things and making them obsolete. I feel like you need to ease in each gimmick. Already on screen 7 you have both hovering, multiple hovers and trampolines introduced in 1 screen. But then they are never used again shortly after that.

Difficulty is in general quite inconsistent and there are too many diagonals. Screen 7 for example: Save 1 and 2 are hard, but save 3 and 4 are free. Also Screen 20 is easier than screen 3.

Room 14: I dislike rooms with just 1 type of jump repeated in different ways. Also, right->left->right level design is kinda bland.

Room 19: If you take the 2nd save, the warp should trigger without you having to go near it IMO.

Room 20: Some collisions don't block your bullets, so you can shoot the hype save from the 4th save.

Small things:
(click to show/hide)
* You can click stuff for info, but the spikes only react if you click on the outline. If you click inside them, nothing happens.
* If you jump while floating is active, you just do a jump cancel. I feel like it should cancel out the floating and do a djump.
* The underwater fire kinda loses it's punch by not being introduced outside of water first. Also, it's quite hard to tell how big the fire's hitbox really is.
* When you close the game and open it back up, it starts you where you last saved instead of on the title screen.
* Room 7: https://gyazo.com/6ebf094d07c58a5e6a38eb5cd0a7256b Background looks kinda messed up there.
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the feedback, I usually know why certain things are in certain ways, so I have a bit of explaining to do...
Here's what went on during development.
The platform room has a set pattern on each platform. There's one that will guarantee getting to the portal if the player is good enough. I realized my mistake with the spiked block room and nerfed it significantly.
I have went and nerfed many of the diagonals and hid the spikes so if they're under the block the under-block part is hidden. That shouldn't cause any un-seen-spike-deaths because I have most of the spikes just pushed in and not out in another direction.
Almost all of the rooms are shaped like an S, I realized. That's just how I make my screens. If I made them any other way it'd have lots of open space, not enough space, too many spikes, or lots of other design flaws IMO, I've went through different layouts and eventually had to settle on one general layout while trying to make every room look different or have different gimmicks or mechanics.
I will use the gimmicks in later worlds.
Room 14 is essentially to practice gate jumps for further ahead.
Room 19 will now have a trigger at the save to trigger the portal to change location and the sign text.
Room 20 has lots of my new row-of-blocks object which has the block parent so it should block bullets but GM was being cancer and not making it do that, I'll put bullet blockers in walls that have those (where it is necessary) think of that hype save as a freebie perhaps.
Spikes actually don't have a hitbox underneath what is rendered, I'll put an alpha-4 white unseeable fill in it so you can click it anywhere.
Float potion has some glitches, I know, I'm testing to see if pressing shift can make you regain maximum vspeed.
I've slowed down the fire's animation to give the player time to actually see the fire's hitbox. When it shoots the tiny flame out the top is when its hitbox extends. I introduced it in the tutorial if that counts.
Closing and opening the game bug is part of the engine, it creates a temp file that starts you at the coords you saved at, and the game is assigned to delete it upon closing, but it fails to actually do so.
Room 10: That's a simple background bug that's fixed due to the BG changes I have made already.

Zero-G:

--- Quote from: petsson12 on February 22, 2015, 06:12:53 AM ---
--- Quote from: Kyir on February 21, 2015, 01:28:13 AM ---You really need a better name for it.

--- End quote ---

"I wanna conceptualize the Omnitruncated Tesseract"

--- End quote ---

he just jelly cause he didnt come up with that name :Kappa:

TheGamerGuy500:

--- Quote from: Zero-G on February 22, 2015, 02:11:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kyir on February 21, 2015, 01:28:13 AM ---You really need a better name for it.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

he just jelly cause he didnt come up with that name :Kappa:

--- End quote ---
Actually I never even took that name into account, joke's on you  :kappaDisco:

Kyir:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Hey, I've got a theme. It's not just some word with six suffixes stuck on the end of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version