Fangames > Unfinished / Incomplete

I Wanna Be The Anarchistificationator Update 6-19-2015 "Build 6"

(1/5) > >>

TheGamerGuy500:
Not too long after the canning of I Wanna Be Gaming, I realized that I could make something good if I start from scratch.

Enter I Wanna Be The Anarchistificationator. A typical 100 Floor game with inspiration from Wings of Vi, Not Another Needle Game, and many others. You'll find references to these games.
Each group of 10 floors will have their own theme and song.
I'll figure out what else to write here as I progress in development.
I will attempt to fix anything bad that the community points out, but please don't expect perfection :atkCry: .
Oh yeah about the emergency broadcast thing in the intro, you can skip the whole thing by disabling the music (CTRL-M) twice, or wait until the second message after the EOM (3 shorter beeps) sounds, then press shift.
Without further ado, here's some screenshots.
(click to show/hide)Screenies are still from build 5, have yet to reliably get screenshots right now.

(Level names might be subject to change) ^

I'll be looking forward to feedback on what's good and what's bad. Constructive criticism is appreciated.
Try it out by clicking here.
CHANGELOG! (This stuff is a good read)
(click to show/hide)Build 6 - YoSniper Tech Demo:
(click to show/hide)Updated the bosses to each have their own unique ability, but still mainly just shoot at you but with that ability also like flaming rocketspikes.
Updated the title screen to include some options and even passwords that will ONLY TAKE EFFECT IF YOU DON'T LOAD A FILE, they take effect upon selecting a difficulty.
Added a shit ton of new debug characters, and changed character 16 to sonic.
Made the character and weapon switcher tell you what exactly it is.
Took a whole 2 months to actually send out.
Shameless self-promotion on the title screen ("website" option under "play" and "options" option options optionoption).
Decorated the shit out of the level select.
Mentioned the YoSniper contest on the title screen and readme.
Removed the title screen background since backgrounds reset position upon switching rooms and the title, options, debug selection menu, save select, and difficulty select, are all different rooms.
Added an abnormally hard to code fatality sequence in compliance to the Fangame Contest rules.
Changed the title font since this windows virtual machine doesn't like Krungthep.
Crashing issue #~\might/~# be fixed since I compiled this on an actual windows operating system (though it's emulated).
Game size reduced due to music changes.
Added floating keep area (thanks solgryn for concept, based on BETA Wings of Vi).
Changed said area's background to simple clouds, as well as the sky area's background since some computers with shart graphics cards couldn't handle the previous cloudy goodness of the sky area.
Changed the StinkyCheeseOne890 boss to have actual attacks totally not from Pr'Gora.
In addition, his beam attack can be a bit broken depending on what his previous attack was.
Also he can repeat the same attack over and over.
Changed almost every music piece to not be from Wings of Vi pitched down musics.
Changed the good ending theme to the FNAF 3 ending theme for feels and changed it back to Mother 3 memory of life for more feels.
Made the test room useful.
If you missed any characters and got to the bad end screen, go to the test room and pick up the top right 2 items for god mode and super gamer. Don't press R, but you won't need to since you have access to L for level select by this point.
Fixed like 4 areas where you could screw your save file one way or another by bad save locations (usually when a potion is needed but impossible to get from a certain point that can be saved at with weapon 2 or 1).
Make weapon 2 way more overpowered to give more use for the weapons system.
Added a demon enemy from beta wings of vi, that has yoyo physics like sanic, and the blue bar to kill it since the top of room 58 is cancer to do with the demon following you.
Updated the fire sprite and the underwater fire room to compensate.
Made some of the secrets more obvious (cough) floor 54 (cough).
Gave Frick his own dialogue cutscene.
Improved tiles for the hell cave.
Removed the visible roof and adjusted the background on floor 100.
Added a safe block before the fight with supreme frick.
Added a block at the very entrance at floor 102 right before supreme frick where a frame perfect double jump could clip you through a tile and kill you by falling offscreen.
Updated supreme frick's pattern to be simple since he can now randomly pick from each boss' ability every 2 seconds.
Also removed some spawning RNG spikeblocks for supreme frick's arena.
Took like 3 hours to code the fatality after the supreme frick fight, and it only shows character 0 since not many of the other characters have respective sprites for that kind of scene.
Updated ending sequence to not show vi, rubi, ira, or any other character that has feet that partially clip through the floor when inside the house at the end.
Updated the emergency broadcast sequences to have a more believable font and voice clips, as well as a secret if you decode the EAS tones...
Added a switch and blocks to accompany it.
Changed default platforms to match the new one way blocks that are still partially broken.
^Those are really the only broken things in the game.
God mode aura and EZ bow now follow you without slight lag.
Rush Jet now actually does that too, and can even clip you through walls now.
Credits sequence is more decorated and has a new prolly-not-copyrighted song with it.
Forgot to add the YoSniper fangame contest judges to the credits.
Changed the ending screens to look more peaceful instead of a white void.
Lots of other small changes.
Build 5:
(click to show/hide)Added bosses, though most of them are mere concepts.
Fixed up screen 10 to introduce fire and vines even though the tricky treasure 5 floors before used them. Welp.
Added 10 new characters. 2 of them are debug-only.
Got a new epic background for the last area.
Made title cards for all the bosses, beginnings of areas, and the last sequence.
Added a sort of storyline including an emergency alert system broadcast to the beginning and end of the game.
Fixed level select to include bosses.
Changed final boss to Frick, a combination of Jeh'Oul (Wings of Vi) and Biff (I Wanna Get Cultured).
Made escape sequence.
Bosses make explosions when hit by bullets.
Bosses turn into :Kappa: when player dies by them.
Adjusted explosion volume.
Fixed ending sequence to support the other characters.
Fixed debug mode to be sprites of other characters when they are selected beforehand.
Debug mode now fires bullets around itself when Z is pressed (in free-fly).
Remembered to add some guys to the credits.
Added sky world.
Changed water to match the waves.
Changed weapon-switching button to hold the shoot button to summon it.
Fixed walking animations.
Added a screamer.
Added secrets that allow for unlocking every character up to 9.
Other things.
Build 4:
(click to show/hide)Updated the character and weapon switcher to be more efficient and allow for more options.
Changed platforms on screen 6 to be more manageable.
Fixed hovering glitch that would prevent you from hovering again after getting a mid-air hover potion and having to wait until you stopped hovering.
Added level select and ending sequence.
Added toggle for debug info (CTRL + D)
Added world designed around hovering and inspired by a certain game.
Added final boss rooms with placeholder bosses from Gaming. Try them at your own risk.
Forgot to add EpicBag0Chips to the credits. Wait for next release.
Removed RTF readme because updating both will be a pain.
Fixed a bug that lets you keep speed-10 potion in tricky treasure 3.
Did not touch the forest area at all other than that. (where's the feedback guys :BibleThump: ?)
Tricky Treasures will no longer play music if CTRL-M is enabled.
Added MegaMan/WingsOfVi water.
Added 3 new weapons and updated weapon 4 to be more awesome.
Had to nerf weapon 7 for being overpowered.
Changed credits music.
Fixed Shantae's aligning for better sight of her hitbox (which is the same as every other character but harder to see).
Fixed buttons showing in window caption and possibly even the temp file glitch (doesn't delete upon exit resulting in the game starting you at where you last saved without even showing the title screen upon startup.)
Using synchronization to avoid tearing. Tell me if it causes shart-garbo.
Added buttons and hitboxes to click for more information on some items.
Added a click-my-logo-to-go-to-my-site.
Build 3:
(click to show/hide)Hopefully made the hover potion segment easier for newcomers.
Added cool effect for when you hover. It also appears when you're on the ground. Fix later.
COMPLETELY REDONE THE HOVER MECHANIC. You now stop completely (vertically) in mid-air rather than going down very slowly while hovering.
Fixed Newcomer-Bow positions on custom characters. (CTRL + 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 to switch to one)
Fixed nerfed-spike being visible over blocks.
Fixed debug information being overlapped by anything that wants to overlap it.
Added cool effect for speed potions and to one other instance.
Added backgrounds to the 3 existing tricky treasure secrets.
Added forest stage with speed potions as its main gimmick.
Had to nerf one part freakin' 6 different times because it was cancer.
Forgot to make area 5's rain overlap the player. (Minor spoiler to what it is. Seriously you can see all the themes for stages if you CTRL-K at the End-of-this-prototype screens.)
Fixed Boshy and Jenny with their walking animations. They were one pixel off. That matters breh.
Nerfed screen 13 and the underwater gate room to have less cancer if there can't be none.
Fixed screen 9's obstacles.
Fixed having to painstakingly go back to trigger the moving warp on screen 19.
Fixed some bullet-blocker-less screen 20.
Added some guys to the credits. (Thanks!)
Build 2:
(click to show/hide)Found GM8.1 license key that works so now the accursed GameMaker Lite Logo can be banished for good.
Nerfed second screen's lack of spikes to smooth the transition into screen 3.
Nerfed like every single jump on screen 3.
Changed some signs.
Added music and themes for every stage. (CTRL + K when you reach the good-job-prototype-complete room to cycle forwards in these, CTRL + J to cycle backwards and even go to past levels. View readme for more info.)
Added water stage, and ran out of ideas halfway through.
Updated debug info's engrish. ("I Wanna Be The Anarchistificator"?)
Added custom characters that can be accessed if you read the readme (press F1 in-game).
Removed the boss because bosses are 2hard2code.
Added credits sequence and missed like 3 testers.
Updated weapon switching mechanic because the numberpad was a cancer method.
Scrubbed out most references to Gaming.
Hopefully fixed the in-game readme.
Other stuff.Also a dev blog video showcasing what I've been working on recently.
(click to show/hide)For Build 5:

lawatson:
Will give it a try! I'll update the post regarding my thoughts on it.

FIRST THINGS I NOTICE: Pushing aside the Lite Logo (ech), the game is promising! I like the tutorial, assets, and music choices! Gimmicks like the potions sound nice, as well. I'll check in later for my thoughts on the platforming.

GOOD THINGS TO HIGHLIGHT: Save blockers! I'm glad you put some thought into blocking the saves. I like the tiles and backgrounds, too.

TECHNICAL PROBLEMS: The screen is resizable, and that kinda bugs me. There's a check box in the Global Game Settings area which you can uncheck to prevent this.

PLATFORMING: Whoa jesus christ! First three floors and it transitions from block platforming to some more difficult spike jumps. Really big spike in difficulty there. This isn't all that light hearted towards beginners, I'll say that much. The potions are fine as a gimmick, but the platforming related to them is kind of hard to execute.

BAD THINGS TO HIGHLIGHT: First off, you die from "walking" into a spike even if a block is in the way. (click to show/hide)Another thing, the water is opaque as fuk. Reduce some of its alpha.

I don't feel like updating the post right now, but try to reflect on some of the stuff I talked about earlier.

TheGamerGuy500:
Yeah, I noticed the difficulty spike and modified the second floor to flow more smoothly into the 3rd one which teaches you spike jumps.
I made the screen resizable because of the crash issue where sometimes it crashes upon death (no clue why it happens) and if you have the window maximized you can hit the close button if task manager isn't available (IE school computer).
Also the hard platforming related to the potions I could nerf, I'm not that great of a guygame player so I thought if I playtest it and can get through it, it shouldn't be THAT hard for many others...
I might be underestimating myself.
Thank you for the review, it's constructive criticism that makes this game better :BloodTrail:

EDIT: Also if you could find a way to remove the lite logo without having a freakin winning lottery ticket laying around, I'd love to know  :BibleThump:
EDITS EDIT: Found a license key floating around on the internet. Go team.

Kyir:
You really need a better name for it.

TheGamerGuy500:

--- Quote from: Kyir on February 21, 2015, 01:28:13 AM ---You really need a better name for it.

--- End quote ---
It may seem like a long name but it's actually only a choice of how every other name I thought of (and there were a lot) were already used by other fangames. I eventually settled with this one. Now that I think about it I would rather have chose something else before starting  :denRin: .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version