Fangames > Unfinished / Incomplete

I Wanna Be The Anarchistificationator Update 6-19-2015 "Build 6"

<< < (2/5) > >>

Kyir:
It's not about being long, it's about making you look like you're 12. Unless that's what you're aiming for. Never too late to change it though. Except after release. Then it's too late to change it.

kilgour22:
Man... it really feels like a bad NANG/Rekt spinoff. And what on earth is with screen 13? RNG with the spike block directions? Beyond shitty to grind. You can't figure out a good way to do that screen, you basically just keep resetting hoping for good RNG. It's like a shitty avoidance fight, except with platforming.

A lighter introduction to the float gimmick would be much better. Right now, it's a hard intro into it. Your production value is very good and the effort you put in definitely shows there. Your difficulty starts off ridiculously easy then spikes suddenly. The nerfing of the jumps takes away from the visual appeal of the screens; dropping a spike down a little makes jumps look... what's the word I'm looking for... unclean. The fact that you start in the same spot on each screen with the same general layout really irritates me because I don't feel excited to complete a screen; it feels like I just redo a different variant of the screen.

I like the music. I like the sound effects. I like the spriting. The foundation is all there to make a good game. And it's not awful, it just feels like a bad spinoff of two well-known games that was executed decently. Spike jumps need to be more creative instead of just repeated nerfed/unnerfed angles and gates.

Sorry to sound harsh.

TheGamerGuy500:

--- Quote from: kilgour22 on February 21, 2015, 07:08:25 PM ---Man... it really feels like a bad NANG/Rekt spinoff. And what on earth is with screen 13? RNG with the spike block directions? Beyond shitty to grind. You can't figure out a good way to do that screen, you basically just keep resetting hoping for good RNG. It's like a shitty avoidance fight, except with platforming.

A lighter introduction to the float gimmick would be much better. Right now, it's a hard intro into it. Your production value is very good and the effort you put in definitely shows there. Your difficulty starts off ridiculously easy then spikes suddenly. The nerfing of the jumps takes away from the visual appeal of the screens; dropping a spike down a little makes jumps look... what's the word I'm looking for... unclean. The fact that you start in the same spot on each screen with the same general layout really irritates me because I don't feel excited to complete a screen; it feels like I just redo a different variant of the screen.

I like the music. I like the sound effects. I like the spriting. The foundation is all there to make a good game. And it's not awful, it just feels like a bad spinoff of two well-known games that was executed decently. Spike jumps need to be more creative instead of just repeated nerfed/unnerfed angles and gates.

Sorry to sound harsh.

--- End quote ---
I appreciate the feedback.
I was trying to make sure there was a specific theme to each floor. That's kind of hard to do when you don't have many gimmicks to introduce or are saving them for later worlds.
The whole reason the nerfed jumps exist is from playtesting, people were reporting some AIDS jumps and I have to make them easier without making some overused jumps like gates or whatnot. I'm running out of non-gimmick jump ideas :atkCry: .
The whole start-on bottom left is so that the game doesn't end up like Sealed Power where screen transitions have you questioning where you spawned at.
They told me I'm better at making features rather than level design.

TheGamerGuy500:

--- Quote from: Kyir on February 21, 2015, 05:56:23 PM ---It's not about being long, it's about making you look like you're 12. Unless that's what you're aiming for. Never too late to change it though. Except after release. Then it's too late to change it.

--- End quote ---
I tend to like sticking to a name to the very end.
Besides there's similar games out there such as the newgrounds flash game "Anarchistificationer" which is inspiration for this name.
I've got a lot of feedback on the name like "that's one hell of a name" and "never thought of that name before".
I guess I could change it if it's in THAT much need of changing, I'll need ideas though.

petsson12:

--- Quote from: Kyir on February 21, 2015, 01:28:13 AM ---You really need a better name for it.

--- End quote ---

"I wanna conceptualize the Omnitruncated Tesseract"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version