Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - tehjman1993

Pages: 1 [2]
Gameplay & Discussion / Introducing Delicious-Fruit.com!
« on: February 08, 2015, 07:10:54 PM »
Hello everyone,

Klazen, with the help of myself and patrickgh3, have created a site that is essentially the fangame wiki, but with add-ons.

www.delicious-fruit.com

This site, first and foremost, pulls all the games from the wiki and puts it into one convenient site, loaded with the game name, creator name, and download link. This game is then allowed to be reviewed by anyone who has an account on the site. Ratings come in two flavors - "fun" and difficulty. These ratings are averaged with other user's ratings for a total rating.

So what's special about it? What are the features? Well, here's a list!

Fangame ratings of both "fun" and difficulty!
Ability to sort fangames by fun/difficulty ratings!
Free account signup!
Post your own review for the world to see!
Every account can be linked to a Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, or Nico page!
You can track what games you have rated, what games you have favorited, and what games you have completed, all under one profile!
Screenshots of the game may be available! (if they are submitted by users)
A fresh take on an old way of sorting fangames!
Ability to search for games by name AND by author!

We are working out bugs as this is largely a work-in-progress. The ratings will seem wonky for each individual game until there are a minimum of 15 reviews, where the average will start to even out.
If you have any bug reporting to do on the site, you can post here or preferably click the report button the site!

We hope you enjoy it!

-Klazen108 and TJ

User-Made Creations / I Wanna Get Rekt
« on: August 28, 2014, 06:12:02 PM »
[Removed]

User-Made Creations / I Wanna F A T B I R D S
« on: June 18, 2014, 11:19:35 PM »
[Removed]

The Lounge / The New REKTament - A following for guy game players
« on: May 25, 2014, 11:46:49 PM »
Hello there, players of guy games. I am here to preach to you about a new sensational following that has many guy players joining in waves.

Taken from the New Rektament:

Guy games are holy, and thus will remain that way.
On the first day God created Guy, and all was good.
On the second day God created Kayin, and Guy was pleased.
On the third day God made fangame makers and players. The Earth was happy.
...and on the 7th day, God rested and played K3. He then proceeded to flood the Earth shortly after.
And the Earth was #Rekt
Thus Rekt was born, and Klazen, our guardian angel, descended down from the heavens.
And his prophet, TJ, took his teachings to the disciple Wannabes.
And within these teachings contained the 10 commandments of Game Making.

==THE 10 COMMANDMENTS==

I. Do NOT use shitty eye-raping backgrounds
II. Thou shou NOT use off-screen kills
III. Thou shalt not  make the player save far away from the first jump so that they have to walk up to it especially if timing is required and the timing is off
IV. Thou shall keep thy 'Guy Rock' holy, but not overused
V. Thou shalt not take the name of the Kid in vain
VI. Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's fangame
VII. Thou shall playtest thine game before releasing to the wiki, or any other site
VIII. Thou shall not use playtesters that are gods
IX. Thou shall ensure that thine difficulty curve is fair and just
X. Last, but not least, thou shall always try to have fun

=========================================

We also worship our Patron Lady of the New REKTament, Luka. Luka's Belly is said to be divine, and that it grants good urns and glod splits. One may pray for Luka's assistance by yelling LUKA, BELLY!

Thank you for reading, and we hope you decide to switch your faith towards the light, the truth, the Belly.

Video Games / Super Mario 3D World
« on: May 20, 2014, 11:43:17 PM »
Literally harder than guy games.

Hello everyone!

I happened to stumble upon a great fundraising event that benefits St. Jude's Children Research Hospital. This organization is one of the only organizations I ever pay attention/donate to, as it breaks my heart to see what those children are going through.

So how does it relate to the Wannabes, at all? Well, in this event that kicks off on June 13th, any individual and/or team that streams games can help raise money for St. Jude's. This goes on until September 1st, for a total of 12 weeks! Every week has its own "theme", however, any game is most certainly encouraged!

So my question is - Would the Wannabes (or anyone) be interested in this event? I have personally never done an event like this, and I wanted to see how much attention I could garner from the Wannabes for this. I think it would benefit our team in more ways than one - it's charitable (you heartless beings), it may attract viewers (?), and it's just fun! Once again, I consider St. Jude's to be one of the most respectable charities out there, and I would hope there is some attention towards this.

Here is their site link explaining the event (scroll down): https://fundraising.stjude.org/site/PageServer?pagename=playlive_home

If you aren't interested, that's okay. I think I'll be personally running through this fundraiser, with or without a team.

Thanks for reading :D

The Winners have been chosen!

Click this image link for the winners: https://i.imgur.com/nVaBBFX.jpg

Here's a rundown of who won:

The winners - Their Hats

Xelectriczzgaming - SWEG
TheLoganMinecraft - It's an Afrodisiac!
Hiddow - What a blockhead
Zebbe94 - A real gunslinger
PieceOfCheese87 - Fruit-tastic!
DerpyHoovesIWBTG - She's always watching (A special effect will be added later to this hat!)
Sephalos - Hardcore 8-bit action
Kadykunde - Hide your shame!
cl0udi - Blaze it every day
Kalemandu - Did somebody say Crimson? (Yes, the leek changes colors)
Stinkycheeseone890 - The "Corner" Cut

A HUGE congratulations to all of our winners! To everyone else that submitted a hat but was not picked - we still thank you! Just because we didn't pick your hat didn't mean it was bad! Some hats that we had to cut were honestly very good, but for some reason did not fulfill our requirements, or didn't look right in-game, or for another reason. Also, we edited quite a few names of these hats. These names ARE subject to change at any time!

Once again, a huge congrats to all of our winners. Your hat will be featured in the game, as well as your name in the credits. Both Klazen and I thank this community for being very responsive with this contest, and we hope you enjoyed it! Stay tuned for more updates from Get Rekt!

-TJ&Klazen

Video Discussion / I wanna be the Barrage - Taiko Drum
« on: April 10, 2014, 08:24:58 AM »
https://www.twitch.tv/tehjman1993/c/4039274

Although this doesn't look like a huge achievement compared to some of the other posts in this forum, it's certainly an achievement for me. Took me just under 3 hours to beat ... and I died to that last attack 3 times prior to this  :atkCry: Also, that last bit at the end came so close to hitting me, gave me a heart attack. Oh, and I nearly dropped my headset as I'm screaming "OH" throughout my house. Lol.

Help, Suggestions & Feedback / Improving community involvement
« on: January 20, 2014, 11:31:58 AM »
Hey everyone,

While sitting here at work doing essentially nothing, I figured I would suggest an idea that popped into my head. Let me start from the beginning before we get into the main idea:

With the new application process, it's apparent that we want more involvement on the forums. The 5+ post count requirement is an interesting take on "forcing" people to participate on the forums, and with the Wannabes as a whole. Although there are good intentions in this requirement, I don't believe this is the best way to involve new members, or any community members, with the rest of the group. I've noticed that there are too few non-Wannabes players that post here, and that's a shame. Look across any of the chats in any stream in the Wannabes - there's plenty of talk and humor to really form a community. However, I don't believe we've really done much to include these viewers, these supporters, our fans. This is not an attack on the Wannabes involvement - I think we're a very well connected group through Skype, Twitch, this forum (which could use a little more liveliness), and now Ventrilo!

This is where I want to propose my idea. To involve more non-Wannabes members, we should host a 'community night' of racing. Sure, we do races from time to time within our own group, but why do we not include the viewers? I believe an official announcement every week that would state what race we would do (and at what time) may help increase the involvement within the community. For example - an announcement made today for a Friday night or Saturday afternoon race for "I wanna go across the Rainbow" - open to ANYONE who wants to participate. We could advertise the "weekly community race" across multiple streams, as well as making a thread about it here. Anyone who's interested could make a forum account (if they haven't done so already) for more information. We even have a SRL guide on these forums - there should be no one left out who would want to participate.

This is my idea, in a nutshell. Please let me know what you think about this ... I really do believe this would be a great way to not only increase forum activity and community involvement, but is a big 'thank you' to our viewers and supporters for sticking with us. Giving them the opportunity to race and play against their favorite streamers and other viewers is, more or less, awesome.

Thank you for your time.
-Tehjman1993 "TJ"

TL;DR Weekly race open to community, not just Wannabes.

TL;TL;DR More races.

Meet and Greet! / Hello there :D
« on: December 21, 2013, 10:53:33 AM »
Hi everyone,

I just had my app accepted into the Wannabes (woohoo!), so I figured it would be appropriate to make a quick introduction!

My streaming/twitch name is tehjman1993, but I go by the name TJ. I'm an avid gamer, and recently discovered both IWBTG fan games and the Wannabes! It's quite a fun group, and I'm excited to be a part of it! A bit of useless info about me: I'm 20, currently reside in PA, was a long time FPS and MOBA competitive player, and current college student studying Secondary Math Education! (In other words, high school math teacher) Speaking of which, if you guys ever need help with your math homework, stop on by my stream and ask a few questions, I'm more than happy to help!

That's pretty much it ... Whoever accepted the app, thank you kindly! I'm looking forward to being a part of this team :D

-Tehjman1993 "TJ"

Pages: 1 [2]