Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Nemega

Pages: 1 [2]
User-Made Creations / Re: I wanna be the Co-op v0.1
« on: April 19, 2016, 05:20:34 AM »
I wanna be the Co-op v1.0 is out ! Remember, even if it is finished, it is still a beta version. It will help me find the last bugs before an official release next week. If you find game breaking bugs or even small issues, you can PM me here or on twitch.

When the game has finished loading, check out that you are in 1.0. If not, refresh your page. If you have a save from a previous version, it should carry over. If you are a streamer and you want to show your viewers this release, I would be glad if you could PM me beforehand so I can show up on your stream to check that everything if working properly. This way, if there are issues, I could also patch the game right away.

What's new ?
- Stage 3 and Boss 3
- Final boss
- Easy mode
- Some secrets

The standalone official release will come out next week !

Enjoy ! https://futuroueb.free.fr/IWBTC/

« on: April 15, 2016, 04:45:26 AM »
Yeah I understand perfectly. Doing it blind will be full of good surprises, prepare yourself in consequence ^^

So thank you guys for coming by yesterday on my stream. It was a blast even though some game issues popped up unfortunately. I also would like to thank good guy Pieceofcheese87 who tried his best beating these very hard remaining bosses. I got some very useful insight of what to do to improve the game. Because of the recent bugs, the game will be delayed just a little bit. I will stream one last time this Monday (April 15) at 9PM CEST / 12AM PDT. If everything is ok, release will be a few hours after the stream. Again, join httpss://www.twitch.tv/nemega to celebrate the release !

I'll see you on Monday !

« on: April 12, 2016, 04:40:46 AM »
Thank you very much for your continuous support guys! At first I was planning to release the game with 2 stages, but all your feedbacks gave me a lot of motivation to extend it up to 3 stages.

Anyways, big news! At last I finished the final boss (it took me more than 50 hours to make). To celebrate the completion of I wanna be the Co-op, I will be streaming boss 3 and final boss this Thursday at 9PM CEST / 12AM PDT (April 14). If you don't care about spoilers or if you want to grind these 2 bosses with me, please join the stream (httpss://www.twitch.tv/nemega). Depending if there are critical bugs or not, expect a browser release at the end of the week ! After release, when I am sure there are no game breaking bugs left, I will release a standalone version.

Also, as a lot of people told me before, I got some feedbacks from new IWBTG players. As expected, bosses are a real struggle for these newcomers. So I decided to add an easy mode that will significantly reduce the difficulty of the bosses. However, you won't be able to collect secrets on easy mode. I am sure this new mode will help IWBTCo-op to reach a new player base and spread the fangames love in general.

I hope you are as hyped as me for this release. It took me an eternity, but I am glad I finally see the end of it ^^

See you on Thursday !

« on: March 11, 2016, 02:38:12 PM »
Hey ! Just a little update to keep you guys tuned. The project is still alive ! Stage 3 is completely finished. The ending and credits are also done. What is remaining is the final boss only ! As I said before, it will be quite a huge fight that will probably make you want to get all the secrets if you aim for it. Here is a little teaser: can you guess what this screen is all about ?

(click to show/hide)

The full game will probably be finished by the end of this month, worst case scenario during april.

@Joni: Sorry it is the first time I am hearing of this issue. I guess it is a temporary issue on the server side, so it should not happen often.

« on: January 29, 2016, 02:31:05 PM »
Hey Sheepness, I don't know really know how to help you besides giving you the same advices written on my previous post. Just know that multiplayer does not use any specific port so port forwarding will not help.
By the way, I have fixed the issue related to those blue blocks going crazy. Stage 3 platforming is also finished. Only 2 bosses to go.

« on: January 15, 2016, 08:08:31 AM »
Grats on clearing the game 100% :)
If you found the game easier than expected, there is a hard mode which I think is challenging and maybe more suitable for very experienced players.
I tried to make almost every room a new experience. Puzzles, gimmicks, forced co-op, platforming phases, adventure, needle, avoidances... there is a bit of everything for everyone to enjoy.
Yeah Bub has this glitch since a very long time. It will surely be fixed by the time the game is fully released.
Stage 3 gimmicks and graphics are done. Again, be prepared for more co-op action pushed at its limits ^^

« on: January 11, 2016, 03:10:24 PM »
Oh indeed if you press R on single player or enter a R portal there is bug preventing you from entering the boss portal. I will fix this as soon as possible. Meanwhile, you may want to reload the game to continue your progression. Thanks for the report

« on: January 09, 2016, 03:08:42 PM »
Hello there !

First of all I would like to thank you guys for the great support you have shown to this game over the past weeks. Your feedbacks will be crutial to make the full game I hope a success. Development is progressing nicely. Here is what you can expect from the full release:

- 3 stages (1 last to go).
- 6 bosses (3 stage bosses and 3 secret bosses)
- Medium and Hard mode
- An alternate ending for players who have the faith to get all the secrets.

The full release will come as a standalone executable, so no more online game. Indeed, the purpose of the current website is to monitor the game in real time and patch it as soon as a bug is detected. However it showed that Chrome was a mandatory go to have the game run at full speed. That's why the standalone version will be prefered for the next release. The downside will be that your current progress will probably be lost. I will try my best to carry over your save if is necessary.

As I said many times, I encourage you to play this game on Co-op mode since it was designed to be played this way. I also suggest to try and get the secrets. Around 30% of the production time is put into this additionnal content, which is probably a bit too much ^^. Expect a huge secret at the end though. I had the whole alternate ending in mind since I started the project.

For the part your stuck into thebmxbandit11, I can confirm that this jump is doable, but I had not realized it was that much difficult, even if it is hard mode. I will surely nerf it tomorrow. Thanks for your report.

For Nickless, I don't know exactly why you are experiencing this issue but I can give you solutions that have worked for some people:
- Try to make your friend host the game if it is not working for you
- You must both use the same browser (Chrome is prefered)
- You need to make sure your network configuration does not block large port ranges (so peer-to-peer traffic can work)
- Your network configuration must not block WebRTC connections
- Turn on NAT in your router

I will surely stream the full game at least a week before it is released publicly, so stay tuned ! :)

User-Made Creations / I wanna be the Co-op 1.69 Extra Patch
« on: December 26, 2015, 07:49:19 PM »
Hey !

It has been a while but as promised I am back with a fangame made from scratch using Construct 2.
It is an online multiplayer oriented fangame featuring 4 stages and 7 bosses. I put a lot of effort into it and I really hope you will like it (around 1 year of production time, hundred of hours poured into it).

I highly suggest playing it on Two Players Mode using Chrome for the best experience.

https:///futuroueb.free.fr/IWBTC/

Commands:
F11: Fullscreen, M: Turn on/off sounds

Thank you ! :D

Unfinished / Incomplete / Re: New engine. Help needed
« on: June 07, 2015, 10:23:05 AM »
Thank you very much for your feedback !
My mistake if infamous was misinterpreted. When I was first introduced to the community I just noticed how dominant game maker was and especially some very well made engines like yuutu's. From a developer point of view, I was a bit sad about it because what is so interesting about this domain in general is the diversity offered by the infinite number of languages/frameworks. But I totally realize that this for the best: you want a fully functional engine with the same physics required to be consistent. That is exactly why I need your inputs on this project.

Unfinished / Incomplete / New engine. Help needed
« on: June 07, 2015, 09:33:25 AM »
Hey,

I am requesting the help of experienced players for an upcoming engine made using Construct 2. For those who don't know me, I presented myself earlier on this forum.
I am a 26 years old mobile developer working at a french social gaming company. I have been following this community for a few months and found it awesome. Everyday I make casual games so what a relief to see you guys play some crazy hardcore fangames :D
I am not that great of a player myself. I only played the most famous games out there (Boshy, KTG, Cultured, 8bit, K2, ...), but I am very dedicated and did my best to finish them (well except K2, still stuck at boss rush, owell... xd).
While I am still writing this, congrats for the fangame marathon. I followed it intensely and you guys did a great job. Hyped for next year !

So what made me take a step forward to be switching from a viewer to a more active role ? I want to share my dev experience with you guys. I want to make fangames too. My goal would probably be to stream the development of a fangame, but I guess not until I have made some fangames beforehand. I will definitively try my best to bring some fresh ideas.

yoroshiku onegaishimasu ! ;)
So I tried replicating the physics used by the infamous game maker engines (yuutu) using the framework Construct 2 by Scirra. I want to make a fangame out of this new engine and make it open source for everyone interested in this awesome framework. To provide the best experience possible for you players, if you have a few minutes to spare you can check out the engine which is playable online and help me improve it:

https://futuroueb.free.fr/IWBTG/?ms=150&j=415&g=1000&dj=320&fs=500&jr=75&ss=1000

Controls:
Jump: Shift
Shoot: Z
Restart: R

You can adjust every value used to make the physics if you find it not accurate. The game should be running at 60FPS.

Max Speed: The maximum speed the object can accelerate to in pixel per second
Jump: Speed at which the jump start, in pixel per second
Gravity: Acceleration from gravity, in pixel per second
D. Jump: Speed at which the double jump start, in pixel per second
Fall speed: Maximum speed the object can reach in free fall, in pixel per second
Jump release: Multiplicator of the Y velocity when the user stops jumping, in percent

When you are done, you can click "Export" and copy/paste values on this topic.

Again, thank you for your time.

Meet and Greet! / Hi there
« on: June 07, 2015, 06:50:28 AM »
I am a 26 years old mobile developer working at a french social gaming company. I have been following this community for a few months and found it awesome. Everyday I make casual games so what a relief to see you guys play some crazy hardcore fangames :D
I am not that great of a player myself. I only played the most famous games out there (Boshy, KTG, Cultured, 8bit, K2, ...), but I am very dedicated and did my best to finish them (well except K2, still stuck at boss rush, owell... xd).
While I am still writing this, congrats for the fangame marathon. I followed it intensely and you guys did a great job. Hyped for next year !

So what made me take a step forward to be switching from a viewer to a more active role ? I want to share my dev experience with you guys. I want to make fangames too. My goal would probably be to stream the development of a fangame, but I guess not until I have made some fangames beforehand. I will definitively try my best to bring some fresh ideas.

yoroshiku onegaishimasu ! ;)

Pages: 1 [2]