Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Nemega

Pages: [1] 2
Alright first of all I didn't plan to work on the game anymore but I had an idea and wanted to see how far I could push it. As always I overdid it so here is patch 1.69 !

Version 1.69
- New post game content adding more than 3 hours worth of gameplay
- Changed spikes hitbox on Stage 3
- Improved physics to work the same on any framerate
- Master mode improvements
- One player mode improvements

To play the new content, you have to get the [N] item beforehand, so getting all 3 secrets is mandatory.

https://futuroueb.free.fr/IWBTC/

Thank you very much Joni ! Glad you enjoyed the game.

So while I was watching AGDQ I noticed that everytime someone would do a skip in a game the crowd would react positively and enjoy it a lot. Up until now I tried to fix every single skip in Co-op. Design wise I thought it was the correct behavior. Today I realize that I was mistaken. Having a few skips wouldn't hurt a casual playthrough and make the game even more enjoyable to watch while shortening a run's duration at the same time. Replaying the game and trying to find every single skip could also be fun, so here is a new patch !

Version 1.63
- Added 1 skip in Stage 1
- Reverted back a lot of skips in Stage 2. Added 2 ways to avoid backtracking (you can only do one or the other)
- Stinkycheese's skip is back in Stage 3 (+1 old skip nobody found yet)
- Reverted back a huge skip in Stage 4
- Slightly nerfed Shimakaze 3-2 (trail attack)
- Potentially dangerous: changed max fall speed from 500 to 450 pixels per seconds

https://futuroueb.free.fr/IWBTC

Hey Nickless, it depends on whether you are using the standalone or the webapp.

For the standalone: it's a folder in User/YourName/AppData/Local
For the webapp: you will need an extension to extract the localstorage (for instance HTML5 Storage Manager All In One)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright the time has come ! This is the biggest patch since 1.0 and it is bringing a lot of changes.

* Final Stage !
As you may have guessed, a final stage has been added and it is a huge one. Content wise, it represents more than 30

rooms which is about twice the length of any other stage on average. Your first playthrough on normal  will probably

take you 1.5 to 3 hours. You can access the final stage after you complete stage 3. The final stage boss is

Dimentio.

* Stages reorganisation !
The portal room is now unlocked after you beat the game. It means that you can fight dimentio without getting the

secrets (even on easy !). Now the secrets will only gain you access to the secret skin which leads to the secret

area. You can now fight the secret bosses directly from the portal room.
100% playthrough (medium/hard) -> Stage 1 -> Secret Boss 1 -> Stage 2 -> Secret Boss 2 -> Stage 3 -> Secret Boss 3

-> Final Stage -> Extra -> Credits
100% playthrough (easy) -> Stage 1 -> Stage 2 -> Stage 3 -> Final Stage -> Credits

* New physics !
They were already very close to the gamemaker engines, they should now feel even closer. Gravity has been increased,

1st jump nerfed but double jump buffed. The differences are still: no platform jump, 4.5 jump possible, acceleration

not instantaneous, higher low jumps.

Let's take a closer look at patch 1.50:
- NEW: Final Stage
- NEW: Portal room is bigger
- NEW: You can press Enter to join a room after you typed the password
- NERF: Secret Boss 3: phase 2-1 -> more time between 2 dashes + 1 sec warning
- NERF: Stage 2: Black & White room -> removed the 4.5 jump
- NERF: Boss 1 (easy): Final phase is easier
- NERF: EXtra area: spike hell screen
- CHANGE: Player physics
- CHANGE: Performances increase

----------------------------------------------

So the time has come to finally move on to the next project. This final version 1.58 is probably the last. I've been making this game for more than 1 year and I am very satisfied with the outcome. Next project I'll try even harder to push the limits of what a fangame can accomplish. Thank you very much for all the support ! From now on my main objective is to promote this game to a larger audience and bring some fresh blood into this awesome community.

So from 1.50 to 1.58, let's see what has changed !
- NEW: Boss 3 will now try to synch with the other player at the end of an attack before starting another one
- NERF: Overall a lot of minor nerfs on Stage 3 and 4
- NERF:  Stage 4-2: Synched platforms screen -> Bats recharging time up from 2.0sec to 2.5 sec
- CHANGE: Stage 3 Special Area: Scrolling background
- CHANGE: Stage 4-3: Scrolling grid ! (The technology is finally here !)
- CHANGE: Secret Boss 3: Phase 3-2 -> The trail now plays a sound and has a glow effect
- BUGFIX: Sometimes on a Secret Boss when restarting you could get back to the previous Boss

----------------------------------------------

So v1.62 is bringing 2 changes:

- Game modes renamed (no actual gameplay modification):

* Easy -> Medium
* Medium -> Hard (intended difficulty)
* Hard -> Master

It sounds like a weird thing to do but because I have seen far too may people playing this game as their first fangame on Medium difficulty (and getting obliterated on the very first screens), I had to make them realize that this is not an easy game. So even if these new difficulties are probably wrong from an advanced fangame player perspective, new players will actually reconsider their choices.

- Secret Boss 3 nerfs:

* Phase 1-1: More delay between 2 walls
* Phase 2-2: More delay between 2 kicks
* Phase 3-1: Rensouhou-chan slightly slower

Let's all admit it, this boss sometimes was considered harder than the final boss himself because of the RNG festival. Such a design is obviously wrong so here comes the nerf hammer.

Mac and Linux versions are also up to date.

https://futuroueb.free.fr/IWBTC

In response to Shark's tweet (main speedrunner of the game) about the recent patch fixing some cheese strats him and Frayzlo used during their speedrun:

(click to show/hide)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Small update ! It also means that the game has reached a stable state, which is great. I am still monitoring the Secret Boss 3 so these changes are not set in stone.

I Wanna Be The Co-op 1.22:
- NERF: Secret Boss 3: Phase 1-1 on hard should not wall you anymore.
- NERF: Secret Boss 3: Phase 2-1 bullets move slower.
- BUFF: Secret Boss 3: Phase 1-2 (more bullets)
- BUFF: Secret Boss 3: Phase 3-2 (yellow barrage now leaves a trail)
- BUGFIX: Boss 3: Phase 1 Dash sparks animation should no kill you anymore if you stand still between 2 of them.
- BUGFIX: Extra Area: Springs should not get the player stuck anymore.
- BUGFIX: Switches should not glitch out anymore (they could stay pushed down).

Thanks a lot Patrick. As we love watching you guys play and reading your feedbacks, you must not forget that we also make games that we would enjoy playing as well. I had a blast making IWBTCo-op and what you saw in this game is what I like to see in a fangame. This style of platforming and this style of boss fights characterize my playstyle. I know that some people dislike bosses design in Co-op and I can understand it very well. While I can't please everybody obviously, you know now that when a choice has to be made I try to please the majority but I also add my own opinion to take the final decision.

Anyways, I will be streaming next monday (June 6) at 9:00PM CEST / 12AM PDT. Get hyped for a show full of surprises !
(click to show/hide)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: So the stream was a huge success. A lot of people showed up, thank you very much ! If you have missed it, you can watch the vod here on Twitch. It was divided into 2 parts: First, we played Co-op on the new 1.21 version. Then I tried my new multiplayer engine by doing a big stress test with the people on discord. We were able to play with 13 players at the same time ! It was so messy it was hilarious. We had a lot fun ! The future is looking bright guys. Be prepared for more multiplayer stuff coming out for my next project.

I Wanna Be The Co-op 1.21 aka Shimakaze patch:
- NEW: Secret Boss 3: If you have already collected the 3rd secret item, you just have to beat the 3rd boss to fight the new secret boss.
- NERF: Stage 1: "Escalator Room" now requires one less block to climb up to the top.
- NERF: Boss 3: More time between Rings attack and the next one.
- BUFF: Final Boss: The black hole now sucks you in.
- CHANGE: A lot of cheese strats are not possible to do anymore.

https://futuroueb.free.fr/IWBTC/ (Again, if you are updating the browser version, just wait until the game automatically refreshes itself)

Thank you so much for this kind message LMT. I don't say it enough, I put countless hours of my free time into making this game. I don't gain anything from it but I think every game maker of this community will agree with me: your message is for us a big reward and the main reason we make these games. We want players to enjoy playing and we want the community to grow stronger and stronger. Making high quality fangames is a big step towards this goal. I will try to promote this game as far as I can and counting on you guys to help me motivates me a lot to produce more content.

The standalone version is an executable that can be run on your computer. A windows, linux and mac version is available at the following url: https://futuroueb.free.fr/IWBTC/

Hey Guy_Channel ! Looks like you might have connection issues. Try to make your friend host the game if you were doing it. Otherwise, try do play with someone else to see if it's on your side or on your friend's side. Also, be sure to both use the standalone version or the browser version. I don't have a lot of solutions  unfortunately sorry :/

Very strange, try to press M. I'll try to reupload the build.

Thanks a lot ! I can't say enough about how the support you are all giving me is helping this project grow more and more.

Today's update is quite big. V1.10 is up with more "extra" screens. If you guys were not satisfied enough with the content unlocked after the final boss fight, it is time to go back to Stage 1 and see it with your own eyes !

V1.10:
- EXTRA AREA: More screens
- NEW: On the options menu, there is a new button "High Quality" enabled by default
- NEW: The barrier blocking your path has been redesigned
- NEW: More emotes: kappapride, sharksenpai, sharklove, sharkpraise (Tribute to our major speedrunners Shark and Frayzlo)
- NEW: Cyrillic alphabet is now supported
- BUGFIX: Boss 3 can no longer shoot on the ground
- BUGFIX: Buttons on Stage 1 can no longer make platforms disappear
- BUGFIX: Finally, no more Waiting for Player screen lock
- BUGFIX: Secrets are now correctly shared with the client

Again, on the browser version, you need to wait on the title screen for the game to update. Press F12 to see the progress.

IWBTCo-op V1.9 is up with a new big feature: Twitch emotes ! Share some love with your teammate ! Kreygasm

Here is a list of what you can type:

4head,babyrage,biblethump,bigbrother,brokeback,dansgame,dendiface,elegiggle,failfish,frankerz,itsboshytime,kapow,kappa,kreygasm,minglee,mvgame,notlikethis,ohmydog,omgscoots,opieop,pjsalt,pogchamp,residentsleeper,ripepperonis,stinkycheese,swiftrage,vohiyo,volcania,wutface

And to thank our big supporters who helped a lot promoting the game on twitch:

yoyoyo,yoyohype,yoyolove,yoyommm,cornblack,cornfast,cornlove,cornsad,gzaf

Finally, here is the changelog:
- BUGFIX: Boss 3 -> Double attack when you skipped the intro
- BUGFIX: Boss 3 -> Was shooting projectiles when recharging on phase 4
- NERF: Final Boss phase 3 -> Sun's big projectile hitbox has been reduced

Your friend needs to wait for the game to update itself. It usually takes a few minutes. You can monitor it by pressing F12.

EDIT: Time for V1.8, featuring a big change a lot of people asked for a long time. I put a lot of efforts into making it possible: it's synched RNG ! To be short, what you are seeing on your screen should be what the other player is seeing as well. It is still experimental and should be my very last big priority. Boss fights should also be less laggy and Easy more should be more ballanced ! Let's see what is on 1.8:

- NEW: Synched RNG
- NEW: Bosses should show less particle effects if FPS drop below 20
- NEW: You can ping while being dead
- CHANGE: Easy mode more ballanced (thanks to Naloa)
- CHANGE: F1 and F2 are swapped (Restart and Portal commands)
- NERF: Stage 3 lasers screen -> F jump is nerfed a bit
- BUFF: Boss 3 phase 4 -> Energy balls are up from 2 to 3 (the phase was free with only 2 projectiles)
- BUGFIX: Hopefully this time no more glitches when a boss fight is starting
- BUGFIX: Boss 4 phase 3 -> Warning laser should be at the right place
- BUGFIX: Stage Clear should now be synched even if a boss desynchs
- BUGFIX: You can now start a new game even after the credits

Sorry I had to take down the game server for a few minutes to fix an emergency issue. It should be working now (no need to redownload the standalone version).

EDIT: So a couple updates when live these past few days. Let's recap what has been changed since 1.3

v1.4,1.5:
- REMOVED: Cheese strats on some platforming screens.
- NERF: Last screen of Stage 3.
- NERF: Easy mode platforming in every stage.
- ADDED: A better indicator on the final boss' first general losing his shield.

v1.6: Experiment on some bosses. Let me know if these changes are for the best or not.
- BOSS 1: Phase 1 time reduced from 26sec to 14sec.
- BOSS 2: Sheep phase nerf. Whole fight is a lot more nervous. Total time went down by 20sec.
- BOSS 2-secret: Reduced cycles before she comes down from 4 to 3.
- BOSS 3: Energy spheres on super phase went down from 4 to 2 and have now a spawn indicator.

EDIT2: We are approaching the point where I won't touch Co-op anymore. v1.7 is up is bringing more stability:

v1.7:
CHANGE: You can stay on a laser switch to refresh it.
NERF: "drop 9 jump" of stage 2, first screen of stage 3, screen before the last one on stage 3.
NERF: Final boss "Bats" wave.
BUGFIX: No more Boss 3 double attack glitch at the start of the fight.
BUGFIX: No more Boss VS Secret Boss desynch if you quickload after a save.
BUGFIX: Hopefully no more waiting for players lock screen. I am still monitoring this very last big issue.

Loving all your feedbacks guys. These past few days were amazing watching streamers enjoying the game. I got to watch @Stinkycheeseone890 and @ThePolaroid be the first ones to grind the last boss on stream. @YoYoYoDude1 and @Thenewgeezer were also the first ones to complete the game blind on hard mode, which is a huge achievement ! The last boss took them about 10 hours to beat and the whole game about 18 hours. Congrats to them ! I am quite satisfied with how game modes are matching every player skills to always offer them a challenge. Boss design in this game turned to be 99% skill based with a very few bad RNG cases. I can't wait to release the standalone version on the wiki to get more and more people to play the game with their friends.

Anyways, v1.2 is live ! A lot a minor issues have been fixed:
- Final boss nerfs on hard and medium.
- Hopefully less if not no more "Wainting for players" death screens on bosses.
- Delicious fruits have now a faint glow to see them better.
- Boss 3 will now proc this <50% buffed attacks randomly instead of selecting always the same one first.
- Disappearing candycane platforms now play a sound.

The update will be done in the background, so you will have to wait until it refreshes the page automatically.

Again, if the game is stable, the standalone executable will match this version. Hopefully stay tuned for the website official launch this week-end !

----------------------------------
EDIT

Finally v1.3 is online and the standalone version is up as well ! This last release features a partial rework of what a lot of people considered a nightmare to fight: the worms boss.

V1.3 changes:
- Flandre final attack nerf.
- Worms sheep phase reworked !
- Worms grenade phase nerf.
- Worms donkey phase buff in normal.
- Corrected a game breaking laser issue on the screen before the last one on stage 3.
- On the same screen, it was previously not possible to complete it on 1 player.
- Channel passwords are more secured.

A website has replaced the current URL of the game. From there you will be able to play the browser version or to download a windows/mac/linux executable !

Hopefully the standalone version is stable. But if you find any issue please message me so I can patch the game as soon as possible.

User-Made Creations / Re: I wanna be the Co-op v1.0 full version
« on: April 24, 2016, 05:54:10 PM »
Hey guys !

Version 1.1 is online. Check out the version number when the game has finished loading. If it is not written "1.1", it means that the game is probably updating in background so wait a few minutes until it refreshes automatically.

So what's new ?
- Easy mode now includes nerfed platforming phases.
- A new boss engine that will prevent desynchs and make resets super fast.
- An updated title screen with a scrolling background.
- Click to ping !
- You can now talk to your teammate while you are dead. The dialog box will be on the lower left corner of the screen.
- No more disappearing blocks.
- Portal key is now set to F2 instead of P (you need to finish the game to be able to use it).
- Last screens of Stage 3 have been changed a little.
- Some bosses nerfs.
- Some platforming nerfs.
- Lots of small issues fixed.

If this version is stable, the standalone executable will come out very soon, probably in the next few days.

Enjoy !

EDIT: Due to a game breaking issue, I downgraded the game back to 1.0 until it is resolved. Thanks for your patience.

EDIT2: v1.1 is back online. Enjoy !

Pages: [1] 2