Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Hop

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Programming Questions / Re: Trigger following a Timeline
« on: February 07, 2016, 11:53:25 AM »
Works perfect! Thanks :)

Programming Questions / Re: Trigger following a Timeline
« on: February 05, 2016, 10:32:47 PM »
Yeah unless you die then it would reset. Also I would like to have more than one in a room that would be activated separately and follow different timelines.

Programming Questions / Trigger following a Timeline
« on: February 05, 2016, 05:19:34 PM »
Hello,
I am trying to make it so when the player hits the trigger object it makes an object further down shoot up and then fall down. I can make it shoot up and fall down (similar to tossing a ball in the air) easily with a Timeline, but I don't want the timeline to start until the player reaches the trigger objects. I've approached it from several different ways, but it mostly ends with the trigger doing nothing and the object just sits there or the object triggers right away. I'm using yoyo's studio engine. 
Some help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Unfinished / Incomplete / Re: I wanna Explore Space (Testers Wanted)
« on: January 24, 2016, 11:39:14 AM »
Thanks for the feedback! My speakers are terrible so its hard to find the right balances. I'll try and fix that. Do you happen to know what levels where louder?

I guess you can call it an avoidance, but its kinda a hybrid as you are supposed to shoot the leaves when they come down. Its only around 30 seconds long of a fight I believe so it shouldn't be too hard. Maybe I'll nerf it a little.

Was it mostly the purple and blue image color changing sprites that were distracting or the hearts too?

Unfinished / Incomplete / Re: I wanna Explore Space (Testers Wanted)
« on: January 24, 2016, 09:03:54 AM »
I tried to make it look like Spike from AE1 as its one of my favorite games.

Unfinished / Incomplete / I wanna Explore Space
« on: January 24, 2016, 12:06:37 AM »
Hey everybody,
This is my first fangame. I hope you enjoy it.

https://www.mediafire.com/download/ukj7o99kyuisvvu/I+wanna+Explore+Space+V1_15.zip

Heres some screenshots.

(click to show/hide)

Engines / Re: All Fangame Engine Differences
« on: January 23, 2016, 12:33:26 PM »
I would recommend yoyo's studio engine. It has a lot of good notes throughout the code that can help you understand how things work as well as a good arsenal of pre-built gimmicks and items to make things easier. I started my first game on it 4-5 months ago and have learned a lot.

Programming Questions / Re: Back to hub key?
« on: January 13, 2016, 01:06:27 AM »
Finally got it working I think. Thanks!

« on: January 12, 2016, 09:44:46 PM »
Ok so now its working and remembers the variable upon reset. However for whatever reason when I press "w" to warp back it warps me to the position I am currently in rather than where the start player object is resulting in being stuck in walls and such.

« on: January 12, 2016, 07:52:38 PM »
Yeah because if you reset or reload the game boots you back to main menu and won't let you load it again and if I don't have the code in the saves you lose the ability to warp back to the hub when you reload.

« on: January 12, 2016, 06:27:27 PM »
Thanks for the replies!

ElectricZz I got the main function of being able to warp back to the room after you've been there working properly however the only way I was able to achieve this was by removing the lines of codes your guide says to put into scrLoadGame and scrSaveGame. I'm assuming that those two keep it so you can warp back after you reload your game. When I add those two lines of code It works fine till I press 'R' or try and reload and it will say "Save Invalid". Then it boots me back to the main title. Starting a new game works fine though. Is there a specific area in the script I need to place it?

« on: January 12, 2016, 09:40:46 AM »
How do I make it so that the key only works after you've been to the hub before though?

Programming Questions / Back to hub key?
« on: January 12, 2016, 01:12:44 AM »
Hey I'm trying to have a hub room at the end of my game where you can revisit screens if you wish. After reaching the hub room I want the player to be able to press a key and return to the hub at anytime. I was trying to use a persistent key press object, but it just broke my game. So how would I implement something like this? An example would be being able to go back in bmxbandit's game Meltdown to do needle or fight a boss by pressing backspace.

I'm using Yoyo's Studio Engine.

Thanks!

Looks great! Challenging is spelled wrong in the "Needle" explanation.

Programming Questions / Re: Spawning attack by player x and set y?
« on: January 03, 2016, 02:24:07 PM »
Thanks guys it works great now!

Pages: 1 [2] 3