Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Katz

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
User-Made Creations / Re: I Wanna Be The Avoider
« on: January 07, 2016, 08:07:25 PM »
(click to show/hide)

oh

« on: January 07, 2016, 05:41:09 PM »
tbh all I could find was that there was substantial lag in the clear room. Other than that I am sure everything's alright

« on: January 07, 2016, 03:39:59 PM »

Video Games / CS:GO Team?
« on: November 08, 2015, 01:07:22 PM »
Heard of a csgo team within the community; not sure if there's still any eligibility to join/its existence is sort of a thing, but was wondering if this side of the world did anything in the sort in regards to this game. If you guys are interested I'm game for anything.

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2015 *RESULTS*
« on: September 05, 2015, 10:48:05 PM »
Thanks again for hosting the contest! The videos were all great. Looking forward to next year.

General Discussion / Re: Telegram Chat!
« on: September 05, 2015, 11:23:15 AM »
nvm its credible

Engines / Re: I Wanna Be The Studio Engine YoYoYo Edition
« on: September 04, 2015, 01:59:23 PM »
Can you get a screenshot of this? I've never seen this happen before.

(Mind you, this may have only happened because I have installed a windows partition into a Macbook, henceforth seeing these bugs on regular pc's isn't common to begin with. Just to keep in mind + not to get overworked for).

Engines / Re: I Wanna Be The Studio Engine YoYoYo Edition
« on: September 04, 2015, 01:22:40 AM »
There seems to be a bug whereas whenever you exit the fullscreen mode, the view(s) become smaller than the standard 800x608 view(s). Just felt I should address this.

Espaņol / Re: Chat Espaņol C:
« on: August 29, 2015, 08:27:19 PM »
Bienvenido!

Programming Questions / Re: Out of Memory Error
« on: August 18, 2015, 02:18:46 PM »
208MB? Oh yeah, that's absolutely your issue then. Since you're using the yosniper engine, the quick fix is to just convert those WAV files to mp3, and then put them back in your game. It'll work exactly the same, provided your game doesn't try to play two mp3s at once (gm8/8.1 can't do that). You only need to do this for the music, the sfx can and should stay as wav files.

After you've done that, if you still need to save memory, external loading of music is where you go to next. It would be easier if you were using, say, the Seph engine, since it comes with the FMOD sound engine and external music loading built right in, but setting up the yosniper engine to externally load music might be a little tricky (not to mention the potential source of some more memory leaks!) I wouldn't recommend it unless you feel comfortable modifying the engine like that.

nvm

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hello!
« on: August 18, 2015, 02:15:17 PM »

Game Design / Re: Tutorial: Getting Started With Fangame Development
« on: August 18, 2015, 11:52:34 AM »
I've been sticking with 8.1 for quite a while, and it looks like there's a lot of technical weird changes in Studio, but Studio has shaders and new functions as well as a lot more extensions on the gamemaker community, so I would suggest Studio to be your engine.

The graphical aspect could might as well be foundational to the game's "wow" effect. IIRC a lot of the effects included in the Hotline Miami franchise were replicated in a similar fashion using Studio. Like this.

Studio's definitely the way to go if the engine's stable.

« on: August 17, 2015, 10:21:31 PM »
Its just music you can't really hate :P

« on: August 17, 2015, 04:20:08 PM »
I can already tell you're a BoC fan too. Nice!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7