Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Katz

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Programming Questions / Re: Screen shake motion blur
« on: August 06, 2015, 11:26:18 PM »
As for screen shake, you basically just want to adjust the view_angle (be sure to enable views in whatever screen you're doing this in). You can fiddle with the other stuff in https://docs.yoyogames.com/source/dadiospice/002_reference/windows%20and%20views/views/index.html but the angle is the easiest I've found.

Have an old script that does just that.

Quote from: screenShake
///screenShake(time,shakeX,shakeY)
//
//  shakes the screen for an amount of time
//
//      time        the time to shake
//      shakeX      the maximum shaking intensity in x axis(pixel)
//      shakeY      the maximum shaking intensity in y axis(pixel)
//

{
    var inst;
    inst = instance_create(view_xview[0],view_yview[0],objScreenShake);
    inst.alarm[0] = argument0;
    inst.shakeX = argument1;
    inst.shakeY = argument2;
}

and it creates an object that actually shakes the view.

objScreenShake:

Quote from: Create Event:
{
    //get the x,y value of current view
    xview=view_xview[0];
    yview=view_yview[0];
}

Quote from: Alarm 0:
{
    //restoring original views
    view_xview[0]=xview;
    view_yview[0]=yview;
    instance_destroy();
}

Quote from: Step Event:
{
    //shaking views
    view_xview[0]=xview+random_range(-shakeX,shakeX);
    view_yview[0]=yview+random_range(-shakeY,shakeY);
}

Basically you sohuldn't be using this more than once at a time; Otherwise the view in the actual room will be restored to an angle that be off from the actual window.

Programming Questions / Re: Edit sprites with glow
« on: August 05, 2015, 09:17:29 PM »
Every image editing program (even gamemaker) has a tolerance level with the magic wand selection. I'd use that to the best of your abilities.

(Judging from that sprite you might need to blur out the edges when you make the cut, too)

Programming Questions / Re: BGM Folder
« on: August 05, 2015, 03:25:08 PM »
Either external .ogg loaders (FMOD, SuperSound) or sound_add();

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hello everyone
« on: August 05, 2015, 11:52:53 AM »
Welcome!

Avoidance I guess

Music / Movies / Books / TV / Re: Your favorite genre of music and song
« on: August 04, 2015, 07:32:49 PM »
Why would I be joking?

Music / Movies / Books / TV / Re: Your favorite genre of music and song
« on: August 04, 2015, 02:56:08 PM »
My favourite producers are Virtual Riot, Astronaut, Seven Lions, Favright, AZEDIA, Trivecta, Rob Gasser, Rogue, Tristam, Madeon, Different Heaven, Braken, Feint, TwoThirds, etc.

Glad to see more liking towards the more electronic/dance type of spectrum in this community (that isn't just ShitDM overall).  :atkHappy:

At first I started listening to very underground Hip-Hop/R&B from the 90's when I first started listening to music on my own (i.e. Wu-Tang, Biggy, MF Doom). Then from Kanye I discovered more electronic groups (Justice, Daft Punk, Gesaffelstein, Brodinski) and soon moved on to two different roads which I still listen to:

There's the heavy, fast/slow paced shit that is pretty much blood-pumping (Pendulum, Black Sun Empire, Knife Party, Skrillex (PLS DONT HIT ME TOO HARD), Aphex Twin's "DnB," Square Pusher, MOON, Phuture Doom, Autechre, etc.)

and then there's the more "lighter" or "soothing" sort of ambience sounds (Aphex's "Ambient", Boards of Canada, Crystal Castles, Ratatat's more chill music, Flume (still applicable), PYE Corner Audio, Bibio, etc.)

Overall, I like every single genre (except Country), believe it or not. Hell, I can go so far to like not only music, but just frequencies at random, as long as it meets my criteria (>inb4 music IS "random frequencies")

As for song: This comes close.

Game Design / Re: On Originality In Fangames
« on: August 04, 2015, 02:19:40 PM »
This has honestly gone nowhere. People's opinions can't be changed altogether, and that's the beauty (or, in this case, repulsiveness) of discussions. We can only enlighten onto what's statistically correct, rather than shoving our sense of pathos everywhere.

Kyir, you may have taken my+derf's "attacks" personally, but the only one here who did the most aggression in a nonaggressive topic was me. If youre going to blame anyone for personal attacks it should easily be me. It was foolish of me to make sleazy comments like such, and it looked bad on my part.

Sure, print screen keys as jumping/shooting buttons MAY be original, but they are inconvenient; so are the repetitive use of gimmicks that we've all seen before too well (inspired or not, repetition can be annoying altogether). Derf made a lot of valid points that if you choose to discern over an emotional blind-fold, that's all you. I can understand why it triggered him in the sense that we, personally, hate repetition; for someone to "hope" that another fragment of something we've all seen before is made rather than something new would even piss me off, but it's an opinion altogether. Kyir never said "make the game like so and so or else we're going to shit on it."

It's been an ongoing stereotype that this community has a lot of the same thing with needle games. Doesn't justify the inferences, but it's true. Let's face it. Not everyone likes doing the same thing over and over, and no one likes bashing ideas. This is something we all could do to, in a way, be open to change. All we need to do is exchange opinions, not bash someone for it/discern and ignore whatever they say just because you "feel like it." It's this, simply put. Either we discuss on the real topic here, or /thread

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What was your best end of a fangame?
« on: August 04, 2015, 10:25:39 AM »
Just realized I didn't post this anywhere:

I was on this avoidance for 1.5 years.

Congrats!

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Official Fangame Soundtracks Request Thread
« on: August 04, 2015, 12:27:52 AM »
Sunspike final boss (acc think about making a remix)

General Games / Re: My hill
« on: August 03, 2015, 10:18:41 PM »
sigged

Game Design / Re: On Originality In Fangames
« on: August 03, 2015, 10:15:27 PM »
P.S. Tell me who's the Yoberg guy that started all this mess? I wanna punch him into face :Kappa:

Lmao

Video Games / Re: Most addicting game
« on: August 03, 2015, 04:17:48 PM »
agar.io, it's so good  :atkLove:

Donald Trump, anyone? :Kappa:

OT: Tetris (mostly Pac Attack), Super Meat Boy, and CS:GO pretty much

Programming Questions / Re: Invincibility Frames
« on: August 03, 2015, 04:11:52 PM »
I 100% recommend derf's method in this instance. move_towards_point would just be simple and shitty imo.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7