Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - ShadowsDieAway

Pages: 1 [2]
Tournaments / FGM Genres, need help
« on: May 27, 2015, 05:12:30 PM »
Hey all, I've already spoken to a few members about applying the correct genres to the games appearing in the FGM. If you guys can just take a look at the spreadsheet below and tell me if you see anything wrong or needs to be added/removed from the genres listed (or if you think that everything looks good) just lemme know! Thanks for any and all help.

httpss://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WQnU746syQ43_kTdljacHc3xp8YJNzOZcAYnztDfeTA/edit#gid=324726627

Tournaments / The K3 Storm Peak Challenge
« on: April 29, 2015, 06:36:45 PM »
https://K3.fangam.es (again, special thanks to Klazen for his help with the website)

View in 1080p if you can

The K3 Storm Peak Challenge will be launched within the next two weeks. There's quite a few things I will be leaking day by day for 5 days until I release the official announcement, trailer, and website. Speaking of which, here's the first leak: a dedicated website for the challenge which a whole bunch of functionability and things to make the challenge kick even more ass.

Please hold off on asking questions about the challenge for now, I'm sure every one will be answered by the time this reveal train is done, don't wanna spoil anything beforehand. Also there is an FAQ on the site that will most like answer your question as well.

Day 1 reveal:

Here's the header to it. More to come tomorrow  :denProgress:

Day 2 reveal:

Your progress page where the next game in the challenge will appear and finished games will contain your info. Click an unlocked game to upload your win. As you can see in the picture in this example I'm up to playing conquer the blow II

Day 3 reveal:

The games list got an upgrade. As you can see below, the top part of the games list will show all of them, and you can click on the stage to go right to its games. Below that you can see the actual game list with every game's title card, the game number in the challenge, if it appeared in the K2 challenge (so you don't have to beat it again and can just upload your prior win picture), the game requirements, game link, and you can click on the title card and a dialogue will open with all other info about the game including game type, creators, rating and more. But what I'm really excited about is what you see on the right side:

keeping track of everyone's top times per game!

Whenever someone uploads their game and inputs their time, after it is verified it will be put into the database it will go right onto the list. All the times in the picture below are made up just so you guys can see what it will look like when it gets filled up.

Day 4 reveal:

Here's the big one, and what'll be giving everyone a big competitive kick in this challenge more than the game leaderboards above: in addition to game completions, those who get in the top three for each game will get speedrun points!

First place gets 3 points
Second place gets 2 points
Third place gets 1 point

Also to make sure those who beat more games than the others, if there's only two people who have beaten a game then top places will only get 2 and 1 points, and if there's only one person on the leaderboard then first place will get 1 point.

Day 5 reveal:

Trailer (see above)

The Lounge / Kamilia 2 and 3 Full Music List
« on: April 08, 2015, 10:36:11 PM »
Hello all. Over the past few days I've been accumulating all the music that appears in both Kamilia 2 and Kamilia 3 including finding all YouTube links to them.

Enjoy!

K2: https://pastebin.com/hZTrWi9u
K3: https://pastebin.com/t82gd9kP

The Lounge / K2 Overlay
« on: March 13, 2015, 10:05:22 AM »
I made a custom Twitch overlay for when I play the K2 Savage Mountain Challenge. Any suggestions on things I should change or add? Was trying to get a @ShadowsDieAway in there for twitter somewhere if possible but it may be too much distraction if I do. I may make the webcam window slightly smaller so I can fit it or other things in there.

Tournaments / The K2 Savage Mountain Challenge
« on: March 10, 2015, 05:58:11 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm here to formally introduce the Kamilia 2 Savage Mountain Challenge! In this K2 Challenge players must go through all games one by one in the order they appear in the medley game I Wanna Kill the Kamilia 2, starting with Kamilia 1, then ChokoChoko, GGM, etc. Note that LoveTrap is up to the Big Kid, you do not need to beat him.

I've created a full spreadsheet with the games in the order they appear and the download links to them.

Please post in this thread the link to an IMGUR album containing screenshots of your proof of completion when you have beaten a game. You only need to do this once as I will check everyone's albums once a day to see if you have added new games to it. Here is an example of one.

Please refrain from simply posting proof of past completions (honor code). When you have posted the album link I will update the spreadsheet and add your name to it.

As for the spreadsheet, for example if your name appears at Dark Blue, it means you have beaten all games up to and including Dark Blue on the list.

Please note that you only need the normal mode (certain exceptions are on the spreadsheet) to have proof of completion, though you can do hard/secrets/impossible/etc. at your own volition.

Final note: missing some links to the games on the challenge due to them being private. You DO NOT need to beat these games for the challenge, however if you already have them then don't let that stop you from doing it yourself! If there are any errors on the spreadsheet (or information such as game type, creator names, ect.) please let me know as well.

Good luck fellow fangamers!

Link to the Savage Mountain challenge.

The Lounge / Need links for multiple games please
« on: March 09, 2015, 07:16:25 PM »
Can't seem to find the links to the following games anywhere. Any help would be much appreciated:

Master List which has all links so far and those needed:

httpss://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B-liBtVeYzdXfUojdB_4XDFakLXNrugmdNZTzJoBldU/edit?usp=sharing

I Wanna Be the Conscience
I Wanna Be the Sadist
I Wanna Be the Unknown
I Wanna End the Blood Festival

Game Design / I Wanna Be the Inversion OST (WIP)
« on: December 10, 2014, 03:24:26 AM »
After using LSDJ for 8-bit music for a while, I finally stumbled across FamiTracker (don't know how I've never found it before, must have been blind to not notice it). On top of doing some 8-bit versions of what appears in the other game I'm working on (I Wanna Survive the Cyclone) I will be creating a full soundtrack for another game I'm working on called I Wanna Be the Inversion.

Though all the tracks won't be made from scratch like with Cyclone, all tracks will still need to be tabbed and composed in FamiTracker from scratch. They'll be 8-bit versions of Ewan Dobson songs with original drum tracks added. Here's the first one, many more to come of this style.

httpss://soundcloud.com/shadowsdieaway/time-2

FYI where the name of the game comes from - inversions are also known as ambigrams, aka you can flip them upside down and they'll look exactly the same. I was going to name the game I Wanna Ambigram but I think this sounds better. The logo below is an example of one:

Levels will all utilize this feature and much more.

Gameplay & Discussion / How badly have you been trolled?
« on: November 30, 2014, 07:48:44 PM »
Jumpscares, traps, spikes, explosions, etc., how badly have you gotten trolled? Last night OOPARTS III got me pretty bad.

Game Design / I Wanna Survive the Cyclone OST
« on: November 27, 2014, 03:19:35 AM »
I recently finished the soundtrack for I Wanna Survive the Cyclone. Every track is an original song, with each of them being midi created with Guitar Pro.

There are 15 total tracks for this game, with certain levels using different mixes or variations of the songs (hence why track 1 and track 11 are contained in a single MP3. The .ogg files used in GM are much different than the MP3s due to looping etc but the MP3s give the actual "song" experience for each track).

Please let me know what you think of the tracks and if there's anything you think would need changing around in a song, added, removed, mixed, etc. Thanks!

httpss://soundcloud.com/shadowsdieaway/sets/i-wanna-survive-the-cyclone-ost

Gameplay & Discussion / [Request] Links for Uhuhu and Galaxy v1.04
« on: November 04, 2014, 10:23:45 AM »
Hey, I have the download links for Uhuhu 2 and Uhuhu 3 but can't seem to find the first one. Anyone have it on hand?

Also on the wiki it has I Wanna Be the Galaxy v1.01 but I have v1.04 on my computer, does anyone have the link to the updated version?

Thanks a bunch!

Art & Graphics / Emote / Icon Request Thread
« on: November 03, 2014, 12:45:39 AM »
If anyone has requests for emotes or sub icons please let me know. Here are some of the ones that I've made thus far for reference or for inspiration.

The LethalFrag emotes are the ones on his channel, however keep in mind that most of the concept ones are still drafts and need to be cleaned up considerably, or are merely ideas jotted into photoshop.

Meet and Greet! / Hello Everyone
« on: October 27, 2014, 03:03:06 PM »
Hey all, my name's Shadow, ShadowsDieAway, or simply Mike, whatever's easier for you.

I'm new to the fangames scene, watched Boshy speedruns for many months before trying it out myself (38 hours to beat on my first playthrough, phew), and then started playing other fangames two weeks ago.

Platorming was never my forte but I'm finding myself obsessed with the I Wanna games. So far I've beaten a few of the easier or moderate ones and have been torturing myself on the harder ones, but I'm having fun with each that I play.

Also racing's been fun, did a few with Timmeh and one each with BBF and Mulla. Those are fun since it forces me to really try and keep up with others who have experience, and of course chat with others doing the same thing I am.

Cya all in the streams!

Pages: 1 [2]