Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - ShadowsDieAway

Pages: [1] 2
User-Made Creations / I Wanna Flip the Grid v1.0 (FM2018 Blind Needle Race)
« on: September 24, 2018, 12:45:53 PM »
Fresh from Fangame Marathon it’s I Wanna Flip the Grid!

https://delicious-fruit.com/ratings/game_details.php?id=20088
Current version 1.0

This game was featured during Fangame Marathon 2018's blind needle race. In it, all objects are aligned to a 32 pixel grid. There is one and only gimmick that appears: gravity flippers.

There are 10 rooms to play through, with each room's objects sync'd up to the music and gravity.

As always with needle games, I'm always looking to improve jumps and balance. If you find something you think should be changed, PM me on discord!

Enjoy!

IWFTG's song list is inspired by the Just Shapes and Beats OST found here: httpss://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLydwAuTBfPJX0dn9OrrHpH0F3hjmPRuXe

Intro Screens | Kubbi - Formed By Glaciers
Levels 1-2 | Big Giant Circles - The Glory Days: "Sevcon"
Levels 3-4 | Chipzel - The Art of War
Levels 5-6 | Kubbi - Cascade
Levels 7-8 | Sabrepulse - Termination Shock
Levels 9-10 | Danimal Cannon - Long Live The New Fresh
End Screen | Kubbi - Pathfinder

User-Made Creations / I Wanna Be the Jump Master
« on: July 02, 2018, 09:37:27 PM »
Fresh from Fangame Marathon it’s I Wanna Be the Jump Master!

https://delicious-fruit.com/ratings/game_details.php?id=19781

Discord server invite: httpss://discord.gg/UfCZe7A
Online Leaderboards httpss://jumpmasterleaderboard.herokuapp.com/

The game is actively being updated. If you have a suggestion for an improvement let me know in the discord channel!

In the main mode of this game you must complete as many jumps as you can, 20 of them at 30 seconds a jump, giving you more points the more difficult they get! You get score multipliers for performing jumps in a row without dying (jump streaks).

This game has stats galore, including not just locally but an online leaderboard linked above! There are also achievements and easter eggs for you to collect, as well as a practice rooms for achievement hunting and general practice that includes even more goodies.

The game will alert you if there are updated versions which will include:

Vs. mode that allows you host a game and join other games, letting you see your opponent's score in real time.
Segmented difficulty runs for achivement hunting and/or practice.
Stats about the jump you just finished during the 5 second downtime.
More game modes.
More achievements and unlockables.
Well-into-the-future-version will let you create your own jumps for practicing.

General Discussion / Donation Pool for BBF's AGDQ Run the Marathon Run
« on: January 07, 2018, 11:30:14 AM »
Hey everyone. I was hoping we'd be able to do a collection pool for a big donation during BBF's Run the Marathon run during AGDQ Thursday night at 11:15PM EST (3:15 GMT Friday).

If you'd like to donate please try to PM me no later than 6PM EST on Thursday (22:00 GMT) so I can get the donations sorted out.

Please put your name and amount on the spreadsheet (and/or PM me on Discord or Twitch) if you'd like to take part in this. Here is the link to the Google spreadsheet for donation sign ups:

httpss://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ri2YgYaCKEzQUpiiiwAl7Dbt8DKhKxjZSF9H6VNxw5c/edit?usp=sharing

There's also a PayPal donation pool if your country allows you to use it httpss://paypal.me/pools/c/80NVgCcTaF

PayPal will work best (unless you have a more preferred method). Basically I'm pooling together what everyone sends and donate it as one large single donation during BBF's run (and I'm keeping records for proof).         

You can always PM me on discord if you want your name as anonymous or if you don't want your amount public.

I'll be putting $100 USD towards this, but put in whatever you can  :tenKapple:

Last year we got 23 people to donate $1,030. I hope we can match or beat that! It'd be great to have the Wannabe community represented again during the run.

User-Made Creations / I Wanna Make the Marathon Needle 2
« on: December 01, 2017, 03:51:54 PM »
Hey everyone. The Fangame Marathon 2017 Needle Maker event levels have been made into a full game: I Wanna Make the Marathon Needle 2!

Version 1.02 was released on December 10 at 2:56PM EST
Version 1.01 was released on December 3 at 5:37PM EST

In addition to the original 16 levels each gamemaker made (slightly tweaked for balance etc), there is also a slightly harder Remix Mode where I transformed each level while keeping the style of each individual gamemaker! Find the secrets in remix mode to unlock Piece's meme maps  :denProgress:

Shoutout to Patrickgh3 for the usual Needle Maker series programming including the transitions and other bug fixing.

I hope you all enjoy the game! If you have any issues please post them here and I'll fix them ASAP.

Game Link: httpss://delicious-fruit.com/ratings/game_details.php?id=19226

Gameplay & Discussion / Amazing Marathon!
« on: June 19, 2017, 09:00:38 AM »
This was a really fun marathon to watch and I'll be watching the VODs to catch up on what I missed. There's a LOT of work done behind the scenes to put this all together, so great job all around by the runners, announcers, hosts, and more to make this run smoothly.

What was your favorite parts of the marathon? I loved watching Naloa do the TAS drop to his own disbelief

httpss://clips.twitch.tv/ExcitedSweetKiwiBIRB

General Discussion / Donation Pool for Stonk's AGDQ NANG Run
« on: January 13, 2017, 12:29:47 AM »
Thanks everyone! We got over $1,000 for the donation. This community really pulls through, especially considering this was done in under 24 hours.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone. I was hoping we'd be able to do a collection pool for a big donation during Stonk's NANG run during AGDQ Friday night at 8:30PM EST (12:30 GMT Saturday).

If you'd like to donate please try to PM me no later than 6PM EST on Friday (20:00 GMT) so I can get the donations sorted out.

Please put your name and amount on the spreadsheet (and/or PM me on Discord or Twitch) if you'd like to take part in this. Here is the link to the Google spreadsheet for donation sign ups:

httpss://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-2qw6fbJ5TgUwUeYPpt7rTmudzRZ20aNul_Grk8C_MM

PayPal will work best (unless you have a more preferred method). Basically I'm pooling together what everyone sends and donate it as one large single donation during Stonk's run (and I'm keeping records for proof).         

You can always PM me on discord if you want your name as anonymous or if you don't want your amount public.

I'll be putting $100 USD towards this, but put in whatever you can  :tenKapple:

I hope we can get a lot donated! It'd be great to have the Wannabe community represented during the run.

User-Made Creations / I Wanna Be the Incremental Game V1.15
« on: October 03, 2016, 06:07:03 AM »
Delicious Fruit Link: https://delicious-fruit.com/ratings/game_details.php?id=17591

V1.15 added, 100+ jumps changed/fixed, some goodies added for extra and more. Final version almost done...

Version 1.15 Direct Link: httpss://drive.google.com/open?id=18t6BVLcb04VVhoJxX2GaKH7--JxD7vMG

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

To be added:

(click to show/hide)

Made by ShadowsDieAway
Coded by PlasmaNapkin

IWBT Incremental Game is my first official full-game release! I hope you enjoy it.

This is a Needle Game, meaning it is based on spike platforming. For this game I gave myself two challenges:

1) Make a 32 pixel needle game (spikes/blocks on a 32 pixel grid, no minispikes).
2) Make a needle game with no gimmicks or common jumps (gates, diamonds, etc.).

There are four difficulties in the game: easy, medium, hard, and Insane. But: you can choose a different difficulty for each individual level! You must beat ALL LEVELS on hard in order to complete the game (and unlock Insane mode).

Each world is based on a different Incremental Game (see below for which ones), and each world has multiple unique themes that set them apart from one another.

This game has been thoroughly tested by multiple people (see below). However because of the precision a needle game has, you can expect an update in the near future to balance out jumps/saves/rooms/worlds, all based on feedback
I receive from YOU! Please post your images and suggestions here in order to help make the game better!

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unique game features:

Other than the kid sprite and shooting sound, ALL graphics and sounds are custom-made.
Per-room difficulty system.
Currency system.
Sprite upgrading system.
HUD with level details and currency/upgrade systems.
Dynamic music system (thanks to YoYoYoDude1 for coding).
Save area notifier.
Custom death animation (thanks to Patrickgh3 for coding).
Original soundtrack.
32 pixel grid needle with no gimmicks or common jumps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This game has an original soundtrack. All songs are midi and created with Famitracker. Original songs composed by Andy McKee. The in-game midi 8-bit versions produced and arranged by ShadowsDieAway.

Make sure you listen to these tracks with both headphones on as each song contains stereo tracks.

Finally, in-game is a dynamic music system, where the guitars, bass, and drums will change based on if you are alive or not (and more).

All songs can be found online at

httpss://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLydwAuTBfPJU_jm1Eb_wO-E8qF9ImVHY6 (coming soon)

or

httpss://soundcloud.com/shadowsdieaway/sets/acoustic-chiptunes

#. Song Name            Game Location

1. Hunter's Moon         Title Screen / Tutorial / Hub
2. Tight Trite Night         World 1 - Cookie Clicker
3. Into the Ocean         World 2 - Tap Titans
4. Keys to the Hovercar      World 3 - Candy Box / Credits
5. Ebon Coast            World 4 - Reactor Idle
6. Art of Motion            World 5 - Adventure Capitalist
7. Common Ground         Final

Testers:

Tehjman1993 (hard)
Stinkycheeseone890 (hard)
Denferok (hard)
YoYoYoDude1 (hard)
Fate (easy, medium)
GeoGeo222 (insane)
kaniciwah (medium)

Fangame Marathon 2016 David & Goliath Racers:

onynekyu (easy)
kaniciwah (easy)
Bangels2000 (medium)
Denferok (hard)
GeoGeo222 (hard)
YoYoYoDude1 (hard)

Shout Outs:

sephalos  - original game engine
Patrickgh3 - Death split animation
YoYoYoDude1 - Dynamic music system, random bug fixing
chalenged - on-stream coding help
Klazen108 - bug fixing
Andy McKee - original song compositions

User-Made Creations / I Wanna Make the Marathon Needle
« on: July 09, 2016, 03:20:46 PM »
Hey everyone. The FGM 2016 Needle Maker event levels have been made into a full game: I Wanna Make the Marathon Needle!

Version 1.01 was released this morning, adding in a few new features, fixing a small bug, and tweaking a few sections of levels that may have caused more frustration than intended.

A lot of work was put in by Patrickgh3 to get the transitions up and running, so I hope you all enjoy the game!

https://delicious-fruit.com/ratings/game_details.php?id=17288

Tournaments / Fangame Marathon 2016 VODs up!
« on: June 20, 2016, 11:53:11 PM »
Hey everyone, all the VODs for the marathon are done and have been exported as well to YouTube for easy viewing. There is also a Google doc below linking to all the VODs as well as each game's info, FGM completion times, runners, etc.

A highlight reel is in the works so stay tuned for that.

Enjoy!

YouTube playlist: httpss://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzaokDWr7Hs6BzCTj0yHH3czgKysMCPBi

VODs: httpss://www.twitch.tv/fangamemarathon/profile/highlights

Google Doc for all runs: httpss://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lYDgCGYehAh8lMjy50e_z_0tVB-_cECl9kIUas71Qcw

Tournaments / Savage Mountain/Storm Peak Approval Updates
« on: January 03, 2016, 03:54:19 AM »
Hello everyone and happy new year! Please go and recheck your progress pages to see your completed games as I've recently learned about what's actually needed to beat certain games, and/or what would be fair when comparing speedrun points, so if you find that something you submitted was previously approved and is now mysteriously isn't approved anymore, please read below:

A few months ago I changed I Wanna Be the 500's requirements since I learned about the fact that beating the game's crappy boss once apparently wasn't enough, and there was a another whole part of the game to play through to reach the actual "Thank You For Playing Screen" which meant going back through everyone's submissions and unapproving certain submissions previously approved (sorry guys).

This all stemmed from the fact that I haven't been around for nearly as long as everyone else and haven't played many of these games myself, so I simply didn't know enough to properly know what was needed from certain games to beat them, even with consulting with 5 other veterans. Sometimes you just need to see it yourself, which is a problem when dealing with 103 games across both of these challenges, most of which I haven't played myself, so with so many games once in a while a game's actual requirements can mistakenly fall by the wayside and brought to the light later on.

So now for the recent changes that may affect your submissions: Today I learned about the completion screen as well for I Wanna Be the Dieary. I originally thought that you only needed to beat certain things to complete the game, as I used the Weekly Fangame Challenge as a reference, thinking that getting secrets just lead to an extra screen, not the actual Thank You screen, which was brought to my attention. While this only affected 4 people, there was yet another game that I've had to go back and revert people submissions with as well: I Wanna Be the Fortress Returns, a change that's affected around 16 people. So lemme explain:

Previously with Fortress Returns I had the requirement be "until the final boss area" because I originally mistakenly linked a version of the game that locked you out of it. At the time when I launched the K2 Savage Mountain Challenge there was no such thing as "Speedrun Points" and everything was kept track on a literal Google drive spreadsheet, so I grandfathered in everyone that "beat" the game at the time before re-linking the version that let you get to the final boss. But now with the challenge website up and with people competing for Speedrun Points it isn't currently fair to compare the times of those who haven't beaten the final boss to those who did. Now this isn't saying "AHA! The K2 Savage Mountain Challenge was never really completed by everyone!!!" No, two people have, but it just means I had to unapprove certain people's submissions just for the purpose of making it fair speedrun points-wise across all games.

So there you have it, recheck your submissions, and if you find that you have a game that's not approved PLEASE check to see that:

1) You put in the correct time when submitting

2) You have the in-game-time in your screenshot

3) Your screenshot shows the thank you screen and not just the main menu with the time in it (which sometimes doesn't prove you beat it like with ChokoChoco, seriously I can just screencap that screen when it says 15 seconds and that doesn't prove I beat it, just that I'm 15 seconds into the game)

And 4) Once again that your screenshot has the damn in-game-time in it for me to be able to approve your screenshot (there's 27 submissions right now sitting unapproved because no time's in the picture, I can't say it enough).

Game on.

-Mike

Game Design / COMPLETE: I Wanna Make an Inversion OST
« on: July 02, 2015, 03:44:40 PM »
This is the original soundtrack for I Wanna Make an Inversion. Every track was originally composed by Ewan Dobson, with the songs I'm recreating as midi productions/arrangements with Famitracker.

Since I'm recreating every song, I'm in control of the tracks. This means that I will be creating a dynamic music system for Inversion. For example if you die, the guitar/bass will fade out and only the drums will play, or when an inversion occurs the drums will fade out and only the guitar/bass will play. Also during secrets the midi will cross fade into the original guitar version with the drums remaining. As always the the .ogg files used in GM are different than the MP3s due to looping etc but the MP3s give the actual "song" experience for each track.

Please let me know what you think of the tracks and if there's anything you think would need changing around in a song, added, removed, mixed, etc. Thanks!

Youtube playlist

Soundcloud playlist

Tournaments / Fangame Marathon VOD list and run info
« on: June 15, 2015, 01:31:05 PM »
Hey everyone, all the VODs for the marathon are done. Please view the Google doc below to get the link to all of them including each game's info, completion time(s), etc.

There are also links to bonus streams (fillers and extras), and highlights like the Venus race photo finish and the birth of cornBLECH. If you would like to see another highlight made that you think is worthy, please either link to the game VOD or more preferably the past broadcast the game appears in, along with the start/end time of the highlight you want made.

Enjoy!

httpss://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rgp8jO2hEzoBoxmk9TnCX3Jyf8wud1KNjS4dB7I9lUw/edit?usp=sharing

Tournaments / Future of the FGM Channel
« on: June 07, 2015, 06:40:55 PM »
Hey everyone. We just want to thank you all again for joining us during the Fangame Marathon and we hope you enjoyed all the runs and races.

We have plans for the channel outside of the yearly FGM and wanted to talk it over with you all to get feedback before we go through with it. There are two things we really want to do with this channel: help existing fangamers get noticed more, and attract more members to the fangaming community.

We had ideas to do a few things to keep the channel active year round. The first and moremost is hosting Wannabes members to let viewers and those who have favorited the channel have a focus on the community at a much bigger rate, and will always keep the channel and the Wannabes members in the spotlight.

We are going to try to always keep the hosts on those with fewer members. That being said if you get a host on you, please be respectful as you will be representing the community at that moment to those watching.

In addition, if you would like to be excluded from being hosted by FGM please let us know and we'll add you to the exception list.

The second idea was having monthly events hosted on the channel to make it actually up and running to get more people to the channel itself rather than simply using it as a hosting hub in order to garner more follows. We were thinking about once a month hosting races and/or relays. The races you already know about, the relays would feature multiple members handing off one game (or groups of games) to the next person, with relay races being one team of relay racers going against the others in order to try and beat every game faster than the other.

For example, a Rainbow Medley Relay (8 games including Red, Like the Orange, Yellow Star, GReeeeN, Dark Blue, Purple Zone, Pink Egg, and Across the Rainbow) would have 8 runners on each team (or 4 runners playing 2 games each) could be one of them, or a Savage Mountain relay going a single stage, or a genre relay going through X amount of games in a single genre, or finally a multi-genre relay with 1-2 games from each one. The possibilities are endless.

In addition to that monthly event, in-between that we can have monthly Bingo/roulette events. This would mean that we'd have the channel active 2x a month, not too much to take away from the hosting but not sparse enough to keep the channel dead year-round.

These monthly events would utilize FGM's ability to keep multiple members in the spotlight at the same time by restreaming them just like in the actual marathon in addition to everything else the marathon did to help funnel people to the runners channels.

So there you have it. Let us know what you think and if you have any other comments or suggestions!

Game on.

-Mike

Tournaments / A note regarding these challenges
« on: June 03, 2015, 02:07:26 PM »
Hello everyone I just wanted to make some remarks about the current challenges that are going on, because I made them to have fun and watch everyone else enjoy themselves, but there are things that I feel are just taking away from the spirit of the competition and really make me more flustered than entertained.

There have been concerns over some of the times and/or deaths on the leaderboards, some to a point of scrutinizing in a very in-depth and large scale.

I understand everyone's concern, and I do hate when people cheat especially if it's something as trivial as a game contest with no real rewards other than personal triumph that you can show to others. I appreciate that there are concerns, but going through people's times at an exhaustive scale truly isn't healthy, especially when with these things it comes down to suspicions and we can't definitely say if someone is cheating or not. Believe me I've been an admin for No Heroes for 5 years now and sometimes throughout it I'd get into serious-mode and really get in-depth on anyone on the BOLO list (be on the lookout) to get something, and it wasn't good for my state of mind to focus on moderating so much. When everything revolves around something so negative it gets inside your head.

I appreciate the scrutiny and the look at individual times, and I keep the more questionable-to-definitive ones unapproved (there are actually 39 submissions I have sitting unapproved right now because they can't be verified or I'm in contact with people regarding them). I've been personally approving each and every one of the submissions, and keep in mind there are around 1300 submissions so far, so if I happen to miss something in one of them it's a very small percentage that I simply made a mistake on.

With all of this in mind I'll repeat what I've said to others:

I can honestly only go by the images I receive. I looked closely at some of the submissions people have issues on and there doesn't seem to be any evidence of photoshopping the time or the top bar anywhere, so I can't definitively say for certain on them. I you want to look at an example of someone with a legitimate and verified time that seems out of place look at Yoyo's time for Sunspike: it beats the hell out of everyone else's times and deaths and myself and 200 others watched him do it live.

As far as concerns over variable deaths or times that may not make too much sense even when comparing them to their other games they've played, just keep in mind this is a LONG challenge that people play over months. Sometimes we have on days sometimes we have off days. Hell I somehow beat Venus in 30 minutes including that final plane-to-corner 2nd try, but an easier game like Uhuhu II I went back to and got hung up on one of the jumps for 15 minutes alone making my death count low but my time high, or Showdown where I kept hitting a spike near the spawn point over and over again rapidly making my death count high but my time was lower in comparison.

Also personally I'm newer to fangames so my skill has gone up considerably since even when I first started playing the K2 challenge, and replaying games and getting a MUCH better time/death makes some of the worse ones seem shitty in comparison. For example I just went back to Uhuhu 1 because I didn't have a screenshot of the finished game with the times (only the stream screen cap), and the last save that took me 30+ minutes to beat during the challenge I just finished 3rd try in under a minute because now I have that much of a better understanding of the aligns and the frames of jump heights.

Also something else I've accidentally done that resulted in high times with lower deaths, I've walked away from games thinking I've paused them then came back to it and that made my time go up, and I was too lazy to go back and play through the whole game again just to get a better time or just didn't enjoy the game enough to want to go through it again.

These are just a few plausible scenarios that I myself have done. I'm not trying to defend someone that may be cheating, or vilifying those who aren't, but it's hard to say outright if someone's cheating without any evidence, and that's the hard part. Of course I don't want anyone cheating but it's a hard thing to catch.

I don't condone it, and I know it would feel like a drag on the challenge if so, but I can't verify legitimacy without hard proof which I know is something hard to obtain in this case, but suspicions especially on such a large scale like this just creates more agitation than good and that isn't good for anyone's health. This is a video game challenge with no real rewards other than personal triumph, so if you've accomplished something, great! You set your mind on it and you know you've risen to the challenge and can feel good about that. If others have to cheat to do that, just know they don't have that feeling for themselves and that's only hurting them, because if they did it then that's only cheating themselves in something that comes down to virtual points on a virtual leaderboard.

But those of you who have put your mind forth to kick ass in these challenges just focus on what you've accomplished so far, because in something like this that requires determination and patience for many, many months to complete, seeing your own progress is the real reward.

Game on.

-Mike

Art & Graphics / All my FFZ emotes now public for your use!
« on: June 02, 2015, 11:39:16 PM »
Hey all, with the new addition to FFZ to be able to share emotes, I've made all mine public for you guys to use!

For those who don't know, I have spikes in four directions, a BlankSpace and BlankHalf emote to set up the spike positions at 32px and 16px, and a Kid jumping to help describe jumps and such (see below for a few examples)

If you'd like to add them to your own FFZ channel feel free! Click the link below to do so and enjoy!

https://www.frankerfacez.com/emoticons/user/shadowsdieaway

for example 9 jump would be:

BlankSpace ­SpikeDown
BlankSpace­ BlankHalf ­JumpJump
SpikeUp ­SpikeUp ­SpikeUp

Pages: [1] 2