Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Sudnep

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
I have 1:33:25 time on I wanna be GENKI with you. I know para has a 2  hour~ run of it but I don't know the exact time.

Programming Questions / Re: sound loop
« on: April 03, 2015, 09:21:35 AM »
If you're using yuuutu engine:

In the playMusic Room Start Event:

if (BGM!=0) { if !sound_isplaying(BGM) { sound_loop(BGM) } }

(click to show/hide)

In the creation code (this is set in the room) make BGM = <background music you want to loop>

(click to show/hide)

i got stuck on the  kernal

User-Made Creations / Re: I Wanna be the Dapper Dan
« on: March 31, 2015, 03:57:00 PM »
Thanks for the screenshot. :cirShades:

Programming Questions / Re: Debug?
« on: March 31, 2015, 01:15:30 AM »
I think it's a yuuutu thing. If it's present in the same place on every screen it probably is triggered by the draw event in the world object or some object that is created. I'm not that familiar with the yuuutu engine.

Programming Questions / Re: Teleporting Problems
« on: March 30, 2015, 10:35:50 PM »
(You might want to specify for what event the top section of code is for as well as the bottom. I'm assuming the top section is alarm[5] and the bottom section is some step event (begin, normal, or end).)

Well the first thing that I noticed is the
"if hp = 0" statement. That should be "if hp <= 0" in the case of a double frame shot to prevent errors. For the teleporting bug the easiest thing I can think of instead is just creating a warp on the player like this:

(click to show/hide)

There are a lot of things that could be happening but I don't think I can understand that from the code alone. Heres another thing that could work in it's place but it acts basically the same way a warp does:

(click to show/hide)

Last thing I noticed with the code is that in the first section, if the player doesn't exist you try to set player.x and player.y values. That doesn't work unless the player is alive. That might be your error if the player object doesn't exists during transition time.

(click to show/hide)

Tournaments / Re: WFC: Week 17 30.03.2015 - 05.04.2015
« on: March 30, 2015, 03:36:15 PM »
kanon
(click to show/hide)

Unfinished / Incomplete / Re: I Wanna Be The Rex - Early Alpha
« on: March 30, 2015, 12:24:54 PM »
This jump, it's pushed into the block slightly.
(click to show/hide)

Programming Questions / Re: Avoidance Battles - Help plz!
« on: March 30, 2015, 11:36:37 AM »
There are two ways that seem to be relatively easy to understand.

The first is the built in timeline functions in gamemaker and the other is a counter that uses switch(case) structure.

Timeline:
(click to show/hide)

Stepcounter:
(click to show/hide)

There might be more ways of doing it but I don't know them and it's all preference at that point.
Use controller objects to do more of the spammy stuff every frame for sake of time and how much you have to type.

Unfinished / Incomplete / Re: I Wanna Be The Rex - Early Alpha
« on: March 30, 2015, 11:22:47 AM »
Fix the sizes of the room (I believe it's the init room) so when you restart the screen doesn't shake. This forces the game to recenter to the center of the screen.

The first save shoots apples at me and then restarted me at the beginning of the room. It saved me in the room but not my x and y values. I'm sort of guessing this is 'intended'. If I died before this you teleport to the cut scene instead. I'm not sure which is intended.

Distinguish the difference between roll saves and regular save points. Most people do this but changing the text and making some funny troll that pops out but when I shoot a save without any indicators that just kills me it's not interesting, fun, or enjoyable in any way.

Why nerf the diagonal on the first screen?
The fake block(s) should be a block that disappears after touching. Not just a missing block.

Boss is kind of boring and extremely easy when doing it from the bottom.

The game isn't as hard as you think but making a hard game isn't necessarily fun to play. A game can be 'salt inducing' without being over the top in difficulty. Look at example games such as I wanna go Bananas or I wanna be the DareJar for examples since I think these are the type of games you had in mind for making.

Also please go to Global Game Settings and enable fullscreen on F4 press. (Resource Tab > Change Global Game Settings > Other > Check "Let <F4> switch between screen modes.")

Edit(s): Grammar errors and clarification.

Interesting idea, makes sense why you left the GMK in.

Tournaments / Re: WFC: Week 16 23.03.2015 - 29.03.2015
« on: March 30, 2015, 01:23:12 AM »
snow magic
(click to show/hide)

User-Made Creations / Re: I wanna stop the MELTDOWN
« on: March 29, 2015, 03:12:45 PM »
you can fall through the world here by holding right
(click to show/hide)

Unfinished / Incomplete / Re: I Wanna Be The Realist Nig
« on: March 27, 2015, 11:34:49 PM »
cute

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9