Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Slith

Pages: [1]
Ah, I found it. The engine changes the object "player" to object "player2" as soon as "global.grav = 1;"

That's why it did not work... All I had to do, was put the same if (global.invertControls) statement into the step event of the player2 object... getting there!!  :atkHappy:

Thanks for the answer, I kinda get how this engine works now. Also everything works fine :atkHappy:

But I have one more little problem. Can I make the inverted controls work, when global.grav = 1? For the gimmick, both  the view_angle and gravity sometimes switches (it's a weird little room), the inverted controls during changed gravity aren't 100% necessary but still would be nice.

Well, I feel kinda silly since this has been done in a lot of fangames and also I tried to make this happen for HOURS and nothing seems to work. :(

Basically all I want is to switch left and right buttons. Hope someone can help me.

User-Made Creations / Re: I wanna get Cultured 2
« on: September 03, 2016, 03:40:34 PM »
Hi I'm in Tesseract right now (Stage 2) and having huge trouble hitting the red buttons. My bullets aren't missing though. The hits just don't register 99% of the time.

/edit fuck me I am dumb...

/edit2: Well, ok. You actually don't shoot the buttons. Maybe it's because I am an old man idk. But still, there are red buttons, how do you know that you don't shoot them, when you are supposed to shoot them in every other game!?

Also there is a vine in the 2nd I wanna see the moon screen in the bottom left corner I got stuck in many, many times. I had to mash shift pretty rapidly to get out. Maybe the boshy costume was the problem though, dunno.

The Lounge / Re: (Fan)Game of the Year Award???
« on: November 18, 2015, 08:16:00 PM »
I'm guessing you mean something like this, but for this year :Kappa: https://www.iwannacommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=1310.0

ofc it's a thing already Kreygasm

So, will this return? :P I am sure I missed so many great games this year, it isn't even funny.

The Lounge / Re: (Fan)Game of the Year Award???
« on: November 18, 2015, 05:23:43 PM »
Hmm... nah I don't like this idea. Can't imagine someone devoting their time into reaching Boshy level of production value while keeping the difficulty fair, only for it to fall behind some other game.

I don't mean people make a game only to submit it for this. That would be more like YoSnipers contest. I am talking  about the community picking the best games that were made during the entire year.

The Lounge / (Fan)Game of the Year Award???
« on: November 18, 2015, 02:27:40 PM »
Just a random idea, sorry if this was discussed before or maybe is a thing already lol. Maybe you guys could host a community voting or something like that. Winners could get some kind of virtual prizes, special mentions on www.delicious-fruit.com/ or something like that?

Discuss.

User-Made Creations / Re: I Wanna Be Your Banana Pudding
« on: August 09, 2015, 08:09:19 AM »
Oh wow, just logged into google with firefox-->still did not work. Switched to IE-->download works all of a sudden...

User-Made Creations / Re: I Wanna Be Your Banana Pudding
« on: August 09, 2015, 05:08:38 AM »
Hi, can anyone provide a mirror to this game please?  :atkWaifu:

Many attempts to download this from google drive failed for some reason at the 50MB mark. I don't know what's going on...

Programming Questions / Re: Creating a wave of Bullets?
« on: May 25, 2015, 05:17:22 AM »
EDIT: Ok I think I misunderstood that. If you DON'T want the wave to be spiky, then this is probably what you were trying to do...
https://www.mediafire.com/download/cw8dsdtnmj8gtdt/roundWaveExample.zip

I got everything to work now and my mini avoidance fight is better than what I actually had in mind! Thanks for putting this together for me!

Programming Questions / Re: Creating a wave of Bullets?
« on: May 23, 2015, 06:49:39 AM »
Thanks for the quick replys!

Ok, so I did not manage to make ilvpags method work. I am already having quite a few alarms in my room start object, so I made a new alarm[3] and copy-pasted everything like mentioned above and nothing spawned. :( Also I don't see how the wave would ever move from one side to the other. :( I just don't get it...

So I used lawatsons method, because it's easier to understand and with this method I can start from scratch in a completely unused object.

And this is how the result looked:
https://gyazo.com/f7c7580fc69406643dd6fe2db06e8b53

And then I put
Code: [Select]
gravity=0.5in the step object of my bullet (because I saw this mentioned in ilvpags post) and now I am feeling like I'm half way there!
https://gyazo.com/e77dd658c8c8ba56099a5b545cb8bc8a

But now there is the problem with the upward gravity... I tried all the numbers. 0.5, -0.5 and so on. But nothing seems to work.

Programming Questions / Creating a wave of Bullets?
« on: May 23, 2015, 03:30:26 AM »
Hi, since people on twitch don't post code in chat very often, I thought I'd sign up here! :atkWaifu:

So, here's exactly what I want:

10 seconds after my Room Start event, I want a wave of bullets appear from directly under the floor that moves up 2 blocks and then goes down again. Kinda like the cheap shots in Eat the ER, but it should look more like a wave and not like a wall of bullets. I know it shouldn't be hard to program at all, but I am new to game maker and no matter how hard I try, nothing moves or appears at all. And I tried for the past 5 hours.

Pages: [1]