Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Tamatou

Pages: [1] 2 3
Programming Questions / Avoidance sometimes Off-Sync
« on: March 06, 2019, 09:09:58 AM »
Hey guys.

Almost done with my Fangame but there is something that is bothering me.
Sometimes when I test my Avoidance Battle they are sometimes not in sync with the music.

I guess it happens because of lag. But seeing other much more visually fancy avoidances in other fangames that don't seem to have this problem, I wonder if there is some magical programming trick they use.

They way I made my avoidances is by having a BG Music in .ogg format play and using a step event with the code
"count += 1"

then doing basically:
"if count = 300
{
//Apples spawn
}

if count = 750
{
//More Apples spawn
}

if count = 3750
{
//Even More Apples spawn
}
"

etc...
Got the timing through trail and error and basic math.

At some points the off sync becomes like a full second. Other times it works fine as intended
Note: My Computer is not really very good at all

The Lounge / Re: What happened to kamilia
« on: August 08, 2018, 03:02:59 PM »
Am I actually right that kamilia is a girl?

Nope
Thought he was a sexy chick too cuz only played the games and never bothered looking up who kamilia actually is.

Sorry to ruin your Waifu Dreams bro.
I know how it feels

Don't have any of these games on my current PC sorry.

I would consider I Wanna Be The Fangame a big and very underrated classic.

I Wanna Rose Gear is pretty decent as well

I'd say play Kamilia 2 aswell. It is pretty hard but getting to stage 4 is pretty doable and enjoyable

Hmm not to sure about the newer fangames. I stopped beeing up to date years ago xD

I Wanna Be The Permanence 2 seems pretty popular. Personally I didnt enjoy it a whole lot but you might like it. It is a bit on the frustrating side and has a terrible difficulty curve imo

Oh and Not Another Needle Game is also a Classic. I mean asthetically it may look boring but it has alot of charme

im intrested in testing.

Glad to hear that :D
There have been alot of updates to the game.
I'll send a link. Tho with the new updates, the current built is not as testet out as the one I wanted to give out when I made this post.

I'll send you the current built since it has alot more content ^^

Greetings gentlemen.
You may remember me as the creator of the magnificent I Wanna Kill The BLB.

Well, the sequel is coming along nicely and needs some testing.

Pictures
(click to show/hide)

Important Info for Testers
-There are three Warps

Left = Avoidance Medley (don't pay attention to this, might be deleted entirely soon)
Middle = Main Game
Right = Trolley Minigame (on this screen you shoot with Y and aim with the mouse)

-There are some puzzles and screens you have to figure out. Some friends say they are too hard to figure out. But with some out of the box thinking, they are easy imo

-The I Qube pod screen (after the water screen) is a homage to the PS1 Game I Qube.
Hold Shift to lay traps
Press Y to detonate green traps
Don't destroy the black glass blocks
(this will be explained in game in the future)

-There is some german text

Please do:
-Report Glitches and Bugs
-Report things that need to be nerfed / buffed
-Suggest changes if needed
-Explain why something is bad
-well... this stuff is kinda self explaining

Please don't
-Upload Footage of the game's current state
-Stream the game in the current state

Story:
Tamatou and the BLB Force want to draw a big crowd for their new Show "Nemesis Tamatou" where participants need to survive a big obstacle course (the game) to then face off against the BLB Force themselfs.

Things that will be added:
Most likely:
-A Computer in each screen giving hints (already exists in the first screen)
-Paths already taken blocked off and shortcuts for screens already cleared
-Some missing sound effects
-A few missing rooms
-A final boss (obviously)
-An intro stage
-An opening cutscene and two midgame cutscenes

Mayyyybe:
-Easy Mode (heavily nerfing screens making it veeeery easy)
-Hard Mode (heavily buffing screens making it veeeery hard)
-Different Endings depending on the difficulty
-Names of screens shown
-Collectable Cards (or other items that give more backstory)
-Maybe a secret super hard boss
-Maybe some secret rooms/minibosses unlocked when reaching certain points with a low deathcount (similar to akuma from Super Street Fighter Turbo)

if you are intrested I'll send you the DL Link

Programming Questions / Re: Sound Effects have a slight delay (Latency?)
« on: September 22, 2017, 07:43:20 AM »
Tried that already.
I've heard that GM isn't very suited for Rhythm Games so probably gonna do something else as a minigame

Programming Questions / Sound Effects have a slight delay (Latency?)
« on: September 20, 2017, 06:10:45 AM »
Hello people of this forum.
I have a problem. In my aiwanna I made a rhythm minigame. You have to press buttons to the beat in rapid succession. With each press a sound plays.
It was then I noticed that even when pressing buttons frame perfect to the beat, the sounds can't keep up.

I have this problem on both Windows 10 and Windows 7. However I tried it on Windowns XP where the delay seems to be smaller but the rest of the song is desyncronized.

Is there perhaps any sound engine that can fix that? Or is it impossible to universally fix this for everyone (since different computers have different latency rates as far as I know)

Thanks

Thank you so much for your help  :atkHappy:
However I have a few more questions

My Code
(click to show/hide)

First Question: (Edit: ALSO NOW OBSOLET)
What happens now is, there are 10 Cherries flying off in a circle shape.
Then at Frame 50 I want each of the Cherries to make 10 new cherries fly into 10 different directions (another circle shape) from the current position of the first wave of cherries. What happens now is they just fly to the right. (I guess I'm still missing out on something) EDIT: Yeah I just needed to move the "for Statement" below the "with" and "if" statement. Thank you brain for actually trying to understand what all this code translates to  :atkHappy:

Second Question: (Obsolet)
At Frame 100 I want the second wave of cherries to fly into the air.
Now the second wave of cherries creates a new wave of cherries that fly into the air WICH is obvious since I... nevermind I just figured it out. The "a." had to be removed. Thanks brain!  :atkHappy:

This post has become unnacessary befor I was even able to post it.
Thanks again. If I come across any more problems. I'll post it ;)

Hey Guys!
Thanks to the awesome PlasmaNapkin I was able to learn a few thing about "For Statements"
Now I've been experimenting with avoidance patterns a little bit. What I wanna do is to make cherries that fly off from the center of the screen, split intro even more cherries.

My Code looks something like this
(click to show/hide)
Again thanks to PlasmaNapkin. Also winkel means angle

Now at, lets say Step 180 I want all of the cherries to create new cherries that fly off from their individual origin position.
I was able get one of the cherries to creat new ones. But  I want each of them to create a barrage.
Also I could make the first wave of cherries a different object wich then spawns the new cherries. But was wondering if there was a more efficient way of doing this.

Thanks in advance. I hope I explained it right  :atkHappy:

The second screen of Stage 1 of "Shukuteki Tamatou II: I Wanna Kill The BLB2"
I might do a tutorial stage befor stage 1. Since stage 1 is already very gimmicky as you can see
https://gfycat.com/ThisCheerfulGalapagosmockingbird
Btw all the tiles are place holders

Game Design / Re: Mega Avoidance!! How to make it not too dificult/tedious?
« on: December 15, 2015, 11:49:51 PM »
Thank you for the advice so far.
I still have a long way to go until I get there. This is pretty much at the end of the game. I did however start working on it in advance a little bit.
Finding 100 songs is the smallest problem. As for the attack patterns I have plenty of ideas. Will some be similar to others? Probably. I haven't completly planned this trough yet. But there will be alot more stuff than just cherries. On some songs the room will darken, the kid will change size, screen will flip, water physics, amongst other things.

The reason I don't like HP in avoidances is because I don't really get a strong sense of accomplishment when getting hit alot and still beating it.

Maybe I'll have the player choose the lengh at the beginning of the avoidance [25, 50 or 100]. 25 Songs would equal about 13 minutes (meteor stream lengh) as someone who really enjoyed meteor stream I think that would be bearable. Since the songs are selected at random there would be some variety.

Overall the game has 2 regular Stages with bosses at the end (about as difficult as BLB1)
Then 5 "minigames" representing different genres (not much harder than what came befor)
Followed by a nightmare version of stage 1, a boss, a labyrint like stage, another boss (about Kamilia 2 Stage 2-3 difficult) and finally a final stage with the mega avoidance and the final bosses (planned to be about solgryn level difficult)

Game Design / Mega Avoidance!! How to make it not too dificult/tedious?
« on: December 12, 2015, 10:25:12 AM »
Near the end of my game I'll do a big Avoidance Medley with exactly 100 Songs.
However the order in wich the songs play is completly random.
Here is the problem:
Each Song plays for about 30 seconds.
Wich means the whole thing will take 50 Minutes.
This Avoidance is a major challenge at the end of the game and ment to be arguably the hardest part of the game but 50 Minutes is a bit overkill even tough the avoidance patterns themselfs are never too extreme. (About Meteor Stream Level in terms of difficulty)

I don't consider giving the player more then 1 hitpoint since I always hated when avoidances did that.
What I will most likely do is give the player the option to choose if he wants it to end after the 50th song is finished or if he wants to keep going. It'd be cool if I gave the player some kind of reward for doing the whole thing but I dunno.

Do you think a avoidance that big is a good idea to begin with.
Also, what it the longest known avoidance in fangames so far?
Do you have and other ideas to make this as enjoyable as possible for the player?

Programming Questions / Re: Executing a Code after the Music Stops
« on: December 12, 2015, 07:36:44 AM »
I'm just doing it with Alarms now. I trigger all the Cherry Patterns with Alarms as well so it seems to be the simplest way.
All the songs are roughly the same lengh (about 30 seconds) so compared to actually programming the cherry patterns this is only a small effort

Programming Questions / Re: Executing a Code after the Music Stops
« on: November 22, 2015, 02:43:16 PM »
Thank you for all the replys guys.
This should be very helpful. I'll post again if I need more help  :atkHappy:

Pages: [1] 2 3