Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - RandomFangamer

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
User-Made Creations / Re: I Don't Wanna Be Fat
« on: May 13, 2017, 04:33:46 PM »
Overall the fangame was enjoyable, but it had a few flaws
  • To me, the controls felt a little awkward, although this is probably because I'm used to traditional controls
  • The collisions with the grass platforms are broken, I would suggest using a invisible rectangular mask in the platforms for collision and/or making them jump through.
  • Give the player a collision mask like in the Gamemaker engines to make collisions work better
  • When shooting the shooting sound plays twice, it seems to me that two bullets are being created. so that could be why.
  • Make the room reset after the player dies so credits, switches, etc. will reset unless the player saves.
  • Maybe add some sound effect for collecting the credits - even the Mario coin sound would work
Lastly
(click to show/hide)

Programming Questions / Re: Spinning Circle Troubles
« on: July 26, 2016, 08:04:37 PM »
Thank you so much WetWookie!
This was a real bump in the road, so this really helps

Programming Questions / Spinning Circle Troubles
« on: July 26, 2016, 07:00:04 PM »
Hey,
I was posting about this on the Discord, but I really didn't understand how to do this so I brought it to the forums.

I am trying to make a SMW Boo Circle styled thing in Gamemaker Studio, but I don't quite understand how to get the objects to orbit around the center of the circle
Using return values I am able to make all the boos go to one position and circle around, but I want the circle to keep its shape while moving
To clarify what I want to happen, I want the boos to rotate around the top left corner of the B:
(click to show/hide)

Thanks for reading

User-Made Creations / Re: I wanna have a good time
« on: July 15, 2016, 10:19:32 AM »
I'm afraid that your screenshot spoilers are not working, probably because they don't have anything inside.
Also, this game is not a needle, more of an adventure imo.
Other then that, this game is very good. I really enjoy the sprites and music.

Game Design / Re: Gamemaker:Studio is broken, again
« on: January 06, 2016, 06:13:37 PM »
Thanks patrickgh3, the compile window showed me the problem
Apparently when I was coding a custom trigger, I wrote instance_create with out the parenthesis and as the compile error form only checks for incomplete parenthesis and incorrect recourse names, it didn't find a problem.
After having the previous error I guess I just assumed it was Gamemaker:Studio's fault :cirLewd:
Thanks again!  :atkHappy:

Game Design / Re: Gamemaker:Studio is broken, again
« on: January 04, 2016, 05:22:33 PM »
Thanks Piece, I would have never thought that was the problem. :atkHappy:
I actually thought I did something, and was wondering why reinstalling Studio didn't work

EDIT:

I have another problem
When ever I try to play my game, this error pops up:

Game Design / Gamemaker:Studio is broken, again
« on: January 03, 2016, 07:24:41 PM »
HeyGuys,  :denKamilia:
So, for the past week I have been unable to open Gamemaker:Studio and I have no idea why
When ever I open the application it takes a very long time (about 1-2 minutes) and then pops up a box with the message "Gamemaker:Studio has stopped working"
I have un-installed  and re-installed it multiple times yet it keeps giving me this message
Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
Thanks,
Random Fangamer
btw, I am currently using Windows 10, could this be causing this bug?

Game Design / Re: Post your Code Snippets
« on: December 19, 2015, 08:51:36 AM »
Found this nice site called GMLScripts
It has several scripts that allow you do to many things with instances, sprites, etc.
Link: https://www.gmlscripts.com

Game Design / Re: Mega Avoidance!! How to make it not too dificult/tedious?
« on: December 12, 2015, 09:25:33 PM »
I could only see this as becoming one of those "Happil 2" like things where no one takes it seriously and it basically becomes a joke.
50 minutes is insane,
like, really insane.
I can't see anything over 15 minutes being still enjoyable, and even that is a stretch.
No matter how interesting the attacks are I still think this will still be a hell hole in a possibly great game.
Not to mention, this will be a major difficulty spike. I don't know how hard this game is, but if it is anything like BLB 1 this will be a major difficulty spike.

I would say that you could give the player a lot of HP, but I believe the bigger concern here is that the player will get tired. I mean, 50 minutes is A LOT of time.

Truly, I think you should lower it down to 15 minutes or less.
I'm just worried that this will turn away a lot of players, especially those who haven't beaten Meteor Stream.

To answer your last question, the longest avoidance I've seen is Rainbow Miku, which is about 30 minutes long, and that game gives the player a lot of HP.

Game Design / Re: Very Weird Gamemaker Glitch or something???
« on: December 08, 2015, 05:55:11 PM »
I don't think I'm following,
I did what you said and it still isn't working.
Is there anything I did wrong?
(click to show/hide)

Tools & Software / Re: Tool for avoidances :/
« on: December 02, 2015, 03:54:36 PM »
Sounds interesting, I'll definitely give it a try

Game Design / Re: Very Weird Gamemaker Glitch or something???
« on: December 02, 2015, 03:43:02 PM »
Thanks for the response  :atkHappy:
Just to be careful, I want to make sure I'm interpreting the right thing.
By the game's files do you mean the folders with "sprites" "objects" etc. written on them, or the files within?
Also, is there a certain place I should put this folder? Right now I have most of my games in a "IWBTG Games" folder on my desktop.

Thanks again,
RandomFangamer  :IceFairy:

Game Design / Very Weird Gamemaker Glitch or something???
« on: December 01, 2015, 05:49:17 PM »
Okaayyy, idk wth is happening so bear with me
So, yesterday I was watching some stream and was motivated to continue working on my game, but when I opened GM:S (Yoyo Edition) all my work was gone.
Here is the weird part: The yoyo engine objects, sprites etc. were STILL THERE.
Also, in the game's folder all of the object, sprite, etc. files from my game are still there

My only guess would be that when i upgraded from Windows 8 to 10 something got messed up?
But I still don't get why it is only ignoring my stuff, and not the engine's.
I don't have any other copies of the engine, and I've been working on this game for a couple of days, so it's not that it just didn't save or something.

I'm wondering if there is any way that I could somehow place all of the assets back into my game or get Gamemaker to open them? If not, it really isn't THAT big of a deal, but it would be nice if someone could tell me why this happened so it won't happen again when I'm months into a game.

Anyways, thank you for reading this and if anyone could help me that would be amazing
Thanks, RandomFangamer

Pictures:

(click to show/hide)

Interducing I Wanna Kill The BLB 2
This is the first Screen and it is very unfinished
Turbostart:

YES!!!
Loved BLB 1, happy to see a second is coming out
(Seriously though, the boss was great and some of the stages were pretty good too.)

Programming Questions / Re: Spike Trigger Error in KS Engine
« on: September 11, 2015, 09:05:56 PM »
Yeah, I believe it did
On the other hand, it all works and I'm able to start and stop spikes now

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5