Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - RandomFangamer

Pages: [1]
Programming Questions / Spinning Circle Troubles
« on: July 26, 2016, 07:00:04 PM »
Hey,
I was posting about this on the Discord, but I really didn't understand how to do this so I brought it to the forums.

I am trying to make a SMW Boo Circle styled thing in Gamemaker Studio, but I don't quite understand how to get the objects to orbit around the center of the circle
Using return values I am able to make all the boos go to one position and circle around, but I want the circle to keep its shape while moving
To clarify what I want to happen, I want the boos to rotate around the top left corner of the B:
(click to show/hide)

Thanks for reading

Game Design / Gamemaker:Studio is broken, again
« on: January 03, 2016, 07:24:41 PM »
HeyGuys,  :denKamilia:
So, for the past week I have been unable to open Gamemaker:Studio and I have no idea why
When ever I open the application it takes a very long time (about 1-2 minutes) and then pops up a box with the message "Gamemaker:Studio has stopped working"
I have un-installed  and re-installed it multiple times yet it keeps giving me this message
Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
Thanks,
Random Fangamer
btw, I am currently using Windows 10, could this be causing this bug?

Game Design / Very Weird Gamemaker Glitch or something???
« on: December 01, 2015, 05:49:17 PM »
Okaayyy, idk wth is happening so bear with me
So, yesterday I was watching some stream and was motivated to continue working on my game, but when I opened GM:S (Yoyo Edition) all my work was gone.
Here is the weird part: The yoyo engine objects, sprites etc. were STILL THERE.
Also, in the game's folder all of the object, sprite, etc. files from my game are still there

My only guess would be that when i upgraded from Windows 8 to 10 something got messed up?
But I still don't get why it is only ignoring my stuff, and not the engine's.
I don't have any other copies of the engine, and I've been working on this game for a couple of days, so it's not that it just didn't save or something.

I'm wondering if there is any way that I could somehow place all of the assets back into my game or get Gamemaker to open them? If not, it really isn't THAT big of a deal, but it would be nice if someone could tell me why this happened so it won't happen again when I'm months into a game.

Anyways, thank you for reading this and if anyone could help me that would be amazing
Thanks, RandomFangamer

Pictures:

(click to show/hide)

Programming Questions / Spike Trigger Error in KS Engine
« on: September 07, 2015, 09:46:38 AM »
Hey Guys  :atkHappy:
So I  was using the KS Engine and I was trying to make a spike trigger when I got this strange error:
Code: [Select]
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of  Step Event0
for object spikeUp:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get 100109.trg(100061, -2147483648)
 at gml_Object_spikeUp_StepNormalEvent_1 (line 2) - if (trg!=0) {
The step event in said spike:
(click to show/hide)
For some reason gamemaker is having trouble with
if (trg! = 0)

Spikes Creation Code:
trg = 2
vs = -5
hs = 0
Does anyone know what the problem here is?

Unfinished / Incomplete / Smoke the 42 beta (42FloorGame)
« on: August 05, 2015, 11:56:54 AM »
Hey all! :denMiku_v2:
Smoke the 42 is a game I made to get used to Gamemaker:Studio
It is kind of a meme game but not a silly troll game like Heart Goes On or Magical Journey
There are 9 Floors and 1 boss in this beta, but I plan to have at least 4 bosses
I am mainly looking for level design/boss feedback so there is no title screen or credits yet (pls forgive :BibleThump: )

Anyways, here is the link: https://www.mediafire.com/download/m2eeui2gy05p235/Smoke+the+42.zip

Screenshots: Floor 1-3
(click to show/hide)

Thanks for reading this, please leave feedback on the demo    :tenKapple:

Programming Questions / toggling player.frozen in Gamemaker Studio
« on: July 28, 2015, 12:43:23 PM »
In Klazen's engine I'm trying to make a short cutscene where the player is frozen and then unfrozen.
So in an object's create event I have the following written out
if room = rBossCastle{
alarm[1] = 1*room_speed
player.frozen = true
}

but when I enter rBossCastle this error comes up

######################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object objBossIntroSnoop:

Unable to find any instance for object index '33'
 at gml_Object_objBossIntroSnoop_CreateEvent_1 (line 3) - player.frozen = true
######################################################################################

Could anyone tell me why this is happening, even though this worked in gamemaker 8.1?

Programming Questions / Weird DeathTime Error
« on: June 27, 2015, 03:17:36 PM »
Hello
I am working on a game using the lemon engine, but for some reason whenever it is played it always works the first time then breaks the second.YoSniper discovered that the problem was with the DeathTime file, but I can't find anything wrong with it. If someone could help me with this error, I would really appreciate it. :IceFairy:

SaveDeathTime:
Note: R) = R ) (noSpace)
(click to show/hide)

LoadDeathTime:
(click to show/hide)

Programming Questions / Making GM remember a variable
« on: June 22, 2015, 08:25:24 PM »
Hi,   :denKamilia:
So I have just finished making my first boss and when it is killed I have it set a variable (trollkilled) to true
However, when I press r it resets trollkilled to whatever it was originally :denRin:
I am wondering, is there a way to make a variable not reset when the game closes or I press R?
I am guessing that there is some way to store it in the save, but I don't know how.

Code:
(click to show/hide)

Thanks for reading this

So I have been moving my game to GameMaker Studio
But when I try to play the game it gives me this error.
I haven't done anything to this object so I don't know what could be happening.

Error
(click to show/hide)

Code
(click to show/hide)

Thanks for reading this!
Atleast the watermark is gone :Kappa:

Hello,
In my fangame I have an object which the player can throw to break blocks.
However, the player can only throw the object in one direction.
What I want to do is have the object get thrown in the direction the player is facing. (left or right)
Is there any way to check which way the player is facing?
Thanks,
RandomFangamer

Unfinished / Incomplete / I Wanna Kill The Memes
« on: April 13, 2015, 11:41:03 AM »
Hello everyone!
I Wanna Kill The Memes is a fangame I created using Gamemaker 8.1 Lite ad a way to get used to Gamemaker and learn more about it.
In the final version it will have several worlds, but for now it only has one.
Each world will be based on a internet meme, and the current world is the Troll world.
The reason I am releasing this so early is to get feedback on my level design.
Currently I have finished the first world (5 Screens), but I may make it longer if it is not long enough.
The music is taken from IWKTG and the demo screen is from Boshy, but I will replace this by the next demo.

Download link: httpss://www.mediafire.com/?4ifv7425cckj5nr

Screenshots:
(click to show/hide)

Programming Questions / Weird Sprite Glitch in Lemon Engine
« on: April 11, 2015, 11:45:37 AM »
Today I was working on my fangame when I found a really weird sprite glitch. One of my traps uses a fish object (Cheep-Cheep) that faces up, and when it hits a certain point it is supposed to look down and move off screen. To make him do this "animation" I am using the sprite_index command, but when I load the game the fish is replaced with the first sprite for the kid. Is there any way to stop this or another way to change sprites?

(click to show/hide)

Code:
(click to show/hide)

Programming Questions / Giving Rooms Music in the Yuuutu engine
« on: January 03, 2015, 09:47:16 AM »
How do you put music in rooms in the yuuutu engine?
I have music in the Sounds folder (bgmZeldaOverWorld) and I want it to play in a room, but I can't figure put how to do it.
When I move the playMusic object into the room, it just plays guyrock, and there isn't any place in the roomStart code where I can change that.
I did notice that in the Megaman room, the playMusic object says BGM Megaman, but don't know how to make that happen.
I just can't get the music to play. :(

Programming Questions / FATAL ERROR in Gamemaker 8.1 Yuuutu Engine
« on: December 30, 2014, 07:37:54 PM »
I was using the Yuuutu engine and editing the SetGlobalOption (to make my room show up instead of the engine's) and I broke the engine. I'm not sure what I did, but the engine brings up this whenever I try to start the game:

(click to show/hide)

Looking at the text there is a slim red bar, which I think means the code is broken, although it could just be there for effect.
If anyone knows how to fix this, that would be great.
Here is the file:
(click to show/hide)
I'm such a noob with GameMaker 8.1 :paraPalm:

Meet and Greet! / Hello Forums!!!!!
« on: December 30, 2014, 01:23:47 PM »

Hello, I am Random Fangamer
I started playing fangames about a year ago, but I just joined the forums on December 29th
I am working to create my own game, I Wanna Be The Pro, which is the main reason I came to the I Wanna Community
When I am not playing Fangames or watching them on Twitch, I am usually on Minecraft as Creeper100000
My favorite fangame is either I Wanna Be The Boshy or I Wanna Be The Computer 2, I can't decide  :denMiku:
Anyways, that is who I am, thanks for reading this :denKamilia_v2:

Pages: [1]