Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Guitarsage

Pages: [1] 2 3
Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Post the fangame you just beat!
« on: November 04, 2015, 11:49:01 PM »
(click to show/hide)
Easy mode because I'm a pansy-ass motherfucker that can't be bothered to grind out one of the early saves that was giving me trouble

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: November 04, 2015, 11:46:27 PM »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
Pretty cool, I guess

User-Made Creations / Re: I Wanna Break The Millenia
« on: September 29, 2015, 06:01:31 PM »
I'll leave some criticism here. I know you're not working on this anymore but hopefully it can be constructive in your next projects:

- I don't really understand this sort of trend of putting tutorials in IWBTG games. It seems out of place and for 99.9% of players 99.9% of the time it's just going to be a boring screen they have to trudge through to get to the real game.

- S saves are an abomination - why not just make the Z saves? I legitimately feel like this is one of the cardinal sins of fangame creation.

- The tileset clearly has defined edges, as you've used around the room, but you don't use them in the actual level design, you just use the same middle block. Putting edges around the ground would have made the first area pop a lot better and look much nicer.

- Multiple paths, the shortest of which being the hardest is a good idea and something featured in so few games; some paths felt a bit ott for me.

- The level design in general wasn't horrible. There were some inklings of originality in there but they never really came to fruition; this may be due to how short the game is though (that being said I think you can be original without being hard).

- 99mb is a tough sell for an unfinished game, but at least I thought it was going to be lengthy. What was the point in including every music file in the game when there's only 1 section & 2 screens of section 2? Disappointed by this. (Not to mention the fact that with all that music in the zip file, section 2 was still silent).

- Graphically it was borderline good. The colour palette for stage one is interesting and easy on the eyes but the aforementioned overuse of the middle tile and lack of edge tiles + the plainness of the spikes stopped the design from reaching its true potential.

This wasn't bad at all, eager to see what you make next. :~)

- Alright, I just felt like it was a given,but I see what you mean.
- Back when I was making this, someone told me I should use S saves rather than just putting saveblockers, and I went ahead and did it. Looking back, it wasn't worth the effort I had to put into making S saves since I had never used gamemaker before this
- I really did try and do what you say, but every time it looked off to me, so I just went with that and hoped it wouldn't be too much of an eyesore.
- That's what I wanted to do because of my liking of games like hunyaapunpun and go go go. I see what you mean with the paths, after watching some people play through it recently, I saw that they needed refining as some were harder than they needed be for what amounted to a very small amount of time, and others were over the top such as the plane angle gate angle thing in one of the later rooms.
- Alright.
- All the music was there because me and skull planned on finishing it, but never did. Honestly, I didn't take out the music because I was being a little lazy, and there was no music in Section 2 because of some problem I had getting the music to play.
- The spikes were substitutes for a better sprite I had yet to find, and then never did. If I work on this game again, or whenever I make another one, I will have this same problem as I can't make sprites, so I'll have to ask someone if they could make one.

Thank you for the feedback on what now amounts to an afterthought. I might include this in something else I make somehow if I don't improve upon it as a game on it's own

User-Made Creations / Re: I Wanna Break The Millenia
« on: September 29, 2015, 03:13:50 PM »
I geniunely have no clue how to get past this screen.
(click to show/hide)

It's the last screen, which is why you can't get past it. Sorry about that.

User-Made Creations / I Wanna Break The Millenia
« on: September 29, 2015, 01:25:26 PM »
A game that me and Skulldude (Who didn't make any stages in it because he didn't know how to use gamemaker, but did choose the music and planned out the currently nonexistent stages and story) made. Skulldude abandoned it because I left the community in the middle of it, and I probably won't work on this again unless multiple people ask me to. I will, however take criticisms and make changes to it if I decide to work on it more rather than just start another game.

https://www.mediafire.com/download/t54wflezz3r3g7g/I+Wanna+Break+the+Millenia.zip

There are 17 screens, and there is an impossible jump on the last screen that I didn't fix in this version of the game, but it doesn't affect your ability to beat it

(I acknowledge that this is a pretty under-average game, but I figured I may as well put it here since there's no point in it rotting alone)

« on: September 29, 2015, 12:16:31 PM »
Looks like I beat my Zeus win out of the park
(click to show/hide)

The deaths and time are inaccurate by 10 hours and 6000 or so deaths because I accidentally deleted my original save so InNoRush gave me a copy of his save which was at the trial floor I was on, which was 189.

« on: September 27, 2015, 11:34:00 PM »
So I posted this shit under the wrong topic because I'm stupid:
(click to show/hide)
Pretty proud of myself about this, probably the best thing I've done so far. This was for you, wolsk  :atkHappy:

(click to show/hide)
This was also pretty difficult and it was pretty fun.

« on: September 24, 2015, 01:20:48 PM »
Restarted NANG after deciding to start playing these game:
(click to show/hide)

A lot better than my last save which had about 10000 or so deaths at 20 hours, and I'm behind on that one.

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hey Everybody
« on: September 06, 2014, 02:38:18 PM »
Welcome to the forums, manny :)

« on: August 06, 2014, 06:34:49 AM »
(click to show/hide)
Fun and easy-ish game

Trying out Kyir's naming system, I see? :Kappa:

« on: July 19, 2014, 01:15:28 PM »
https://imgur.com/5E6bv6b
Pretty fun game, glad I was able to play at least one of these, since for some reason a few links of this game still exist on the wiki, even though the creator requested them to be taken off

Off Topic / Re: hooray
« on: July 17, 2014, 09:53:03 PM »
Happy birthday, my friend  :atkHappy:

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: How do I know if I'm bunny hopping?
« on: July 14, 2014, 04:17:01 PM »
In order to bunny hop (Correct me if I'm wrong) you have to do a 2 frame jump, and immediately as you touch the ground, you do another jump and use your second jump at the exact moment the kid is as high as possible with his first jump.

« on: July 11, 2014, 05:10:47 PM »
I'm not getting to x-stage though, I suck :Kappa:

Pages: [1] 2 3