Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Raganoxer

Pages: [1] 2 3
User-Made Creations / Re: I Wanna Kill The BLB [Shukuteki Tamatou]
« on: October 08, 2015, 10:51:08 PM »
Tehjman wether it was intentionally bad or not that was kinda rude. At least its not a happil 2 medley clone.

Announcements / Re: Complete Forum Revamp
« on: September 27, 2015, 11:35:07 PM »
This all looks really fucking amazing!  :atkHappy: Nice work

Art & Graphics / Just makes pretty cool fangames i guess
« on: September 10, 2015, 05:48:08 PM »
My MS Paint Magnum Opus that i drew in an hour and around 10 minutes

The Lounge / Opinions on Series Z 3?
« on: September 08, 2015, 02:01:06 AM »

i was drawing this for the lulz and decided to post it. I enjoy the game to a guilty degree but there's still a lot i dislike. mainly because of the amount of copying but that's beside the point. What about the rest of you? opinions? likes and dislikes?

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2015 *NOW ACCEPTING*
« on: June 24, 2015, 08:32:14 AM »
sent a message, still in the contest ready to judge. do you still need the email?

Unfinished / Incomplete / The new design
« on: May 02, 2015, 04:33:37 PM »
Im digging the new design!  :atkHappy:
What do the rest of you think?

Also a screen from my fangame

The Lounge / Re: what was the first fangame you played?
« on: February 01, 2015, 03:53:05 PM »
i wanna be the guy back in 2008

Programming Questions / Re: help with traps
« on: January 19, 2015, 02:44:20 PM »
Nice progress on your game! That aside, you don't have to use lemon triggers. You could also use stinkycheeseone890's triggers, those also look pretty cool. You'll have to do some of your own code, but if you can manage snow then I'm sure it'll be all good. I used his method and it's definitely really cool!

Will this also work on the yuutu engine? thats the one im using now

« on: January 19, 2015, 06:43:53 AM »
I made a simple example in Game Maker with how I like to do triggers, and a few example triggered effects. It's attached to this post. Having a working example should help. The code should be easy to understand; go line by line and figure out why it works, and read the comments. I prefer to keep the logic of the triggered effects in their own objects, as opposed to Stinky's way of keeping the effect logic in multiple trigger objects, but both ways work fine.

Also, your screenshot looks pretty neat. :o

Well.. i dont have game maker 8.1, i only have 8. and also i have been trying to figure it out for almost 7 hours of total time. I am a complete lost cause on this. from what i have gathered i make a path in paths, i name it, for the spike i have pth = whatever path it is, and trg = number. it doesnt work and i have made no progress, however i learned how to make snow

« on: January 17, 2015, 11:07:41 PM »

:atkHappy: progress so far, still confused with traps but with the help of you guys ill try to figure it out

« on: January 11, 2015, 03:17:53 PM »
One thing that really helped me understand how to do triggers was Lemon's Engine. He has code for the triggers and spikes that are rather easy to understand, so i'd suggest looking at that rather than hoping you can find a game to decompile.

Edit: Though it seems Lemon has taken his engine off the forum right now, so i don't know where you'd be able to get it

ohohoh trust me, i TRIED using that engine and they never work, could you explain? like whats the 31y negative thing? just list like basic coding to the traps and how to follow a path. whatever engine is easier ill go to it.

General Games / Re: Word Association (Let's Try this Again)
« on: January 11, 2015, 03:16:17 PM »
asshole

« on: January 08, 2015, 12:30:06 AM »
i can recommend decompiling some fangames that use triggers.
thats what i did and my triggers were working perfectly as i wanted them to.

lol trust me i have tried that with enjoy the game 1 and 2.. is there any fangame you can name that provides an easy understanding of traps with paths? (if you can ones that are preferably small)

General Games / Re: Describe the person above you
« on: January 07, 2015, 03:34:34 PM »
try-hard at making fangames  :atkHappy:

« on: January 07, 2015, 01:14:37 AM »
Put a trigger down and in its creation code type

tid=#(whatever number)

In the trap spike, put

tid=same #(so it activates when a tid of that id is true)
t=1(trigger action, which is path)
pth=path index
spd=number
enda and abso can be left empty.

lol.. i think im ready to give up. ive been playing with this for 3 days now and i cannot, under any circumstances, get this to work.
could there be anything else i am possibly missing to have it not be working?
trigger also contains trg and tid with the same numbers as the spike -> https://puu.sh/eblE5/8575d20dc9.png
im just trying to have it move left and stop, but it either continues to move, or just doesnt move at all.

Pages: [1] 2 3