Author Topic: I wanna get the OOPARTS II 1.4 version (updated in 26/12/2013)  (Read 7843 times)

Paragus

• Alumi
  • Spike Dodger
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 26.0 Firefox 26.0
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Re: I wanna get the OOPARTS II 1.3 version
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2013, 06:51:34 PM »
Got to final phase?  Too much HP, too repetitive, too boring, without autofire it would cause physical pain.   No reason for boss to have that much HP and do the same attack over and over.

HAEGOE

• Spike Dodger
  • Why the *beep* they're not in puyo tetris?????????
  • Windows 8/Server 2012 Windows 8/Server 2012
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 31.0.1650.63 Chrome 31.0.1650.63
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2013, 07:53:34 PM »
Alright. let me see... now it's a little more than i can handle, but I think  I got the point.
about the death sound, I'll try to remove the death sound when you resurrect.
someone liked the 5th boss, some says they were harsh, and some hated them... that's.. a controversy..hmmm.. amd almost everyone says the final boss needs less HP. get that.

Here's my idea then, I'll make a new pattern using the blue wisp(fire thing) sprite in 5th boss, and the old one will go to extra chamber.

And for Final boss, I'll consider nerfing his HP to 450(no less), 100 for first phase and 150 for second, 200 for third. instead, it will become harder. you need to choose both or neither. OK?

and for extra chamber, no nerfs. no easier attacks, no lower HP. you'll need to suffer a lot to clear them.
It's optional and you don't need to clear them. just beating the final boss and seeing the ending means you cleared this game.
a.k.a. tasteisgone
pronounciaton of HAEGOE is HAEGWE, not HAEGO.

I MAEK MBOILE GEAMS!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Haegoe.MostPop

ethinthenougathorn

• Spike Dodger
  • jung, brutal, gutaussehend
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • Safari 4.0 Safari 4.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2013, 03:09:11 AM »
Hagoe, i have not tried your game yet, but i must say you: i think its good that you keep your opinion about the boss and dont react to every criticism. Its often about taste so one should not always care if someone says it would be shit.
If you wanna hang out youve got to take her out; cocaine.
If you wanna get down, down on the ground;
cocaine.
She don't lie, she don't lie, she don't lie;
cocaine.

HAEGOE

• Spike Dodger
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2013, 03:33:00 AM »
maybe you're right. this is MY fangame, and being consistency will be better than being dragged by others.
but the problem is that many people says the same thing that final boss' HP is too high and attacks are not hard enough to keep up, so in this case, I think I should at least try to do something about it..
a.k.a. tasteisgone

I MAEK MBOILE GEAMS!

Ario147

• Spike Dodger
  • Sex me
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2013, 09:37:09 AM »
Your fangame, but other people will play that. It's not like you must do everything we are telling you, but it's best to make your own stuff, give it for people, and listen what they think, so u can improve your game, so everyone will be happy.
Its a beautiful day outside.

Birds are singing, flowers are blooming,

On days like these, kids like you...

S H O U L D  B E  B U R N I N G  I N  H E L L .

ethinthenougathorn

• Spike Dodger
  • jung, brutal, gutaussehend
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • Safari 4.0 Safari 4.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2013, 10:01:20 AM »
But usually, its impossible to make EVERYONE happy
If you wanna hang out youve got to take her out; cocaine.
If you wanna get down, down on the ground;
cocaine.
She don't lie, she don't lie, she don't lie;
cocaine.

Paragus

• Alumi
  • Spike Dodger
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2013, 11:42:22 AM »
Alright. let me see... now it's a little more than i can handle, but I think  I got the point.
about the death sound, I'll try to remove the death sound when you resurrect.
someone liked the 5th boss, some says they were harsh, and some hated them... that's.. a controversy..hmmm.. amd almost everyone says the final boss needs less HP. get that.

Here's my idea then, I'll make a new pattern using the blue wisp(fire thing) sprite in 5th boss, and the old one will go to extra chamber.

And for Final boss, I'll consider nerfing his HP to 450(no less), 100 for first phase and 150 for second, 200 for third. instead, it will become harder. you need to choose both or neither. OK?

and for extra chamber, no nerfs. no easier attacks, no lower HP. you'll need to suffer a lot to clear them.
It's optional and you don't need to clear them. just beating the final boss and seeing the ending means you cleared this game.

For the 5th boss, one thing you may consider is keeping the fireball the way it is now, but maybe allow player to be able to shoot it a few times to kill it?  Also people on twitch TV were commenting that the voice over during the fight was a little annoying.

My criticism of final boss is not just me but from viewers who watched me play.   People get bored of watching the same attack for so long, once you know how to dodge it, it just seems pointless to have it go for so long.

Also I am really glad I picked autofire in the start of the game because of how much HP all the bosses have.   Could you imagine playing the game against bosses that have 100 HP x 3 (ghosts) or final boss that has 600 HP, then die and have to mash button that many times?  Your hand would fall off. lol

Do not get upset about negative feedback, and yes it is your game.   My stream tends to draw sizable viewers so reaction is not just based on what I think, but what they are telling me while they watch.

HAEGOE

• Spike Dodger
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2013, 07:37:56 AM »
Let's see if I got this straight. this is my new plan(based on what you said, so check me if I got you straight)

1. yu & rei(5th boss)
- make the blue wisp(fireball) removable by shooting it, but rei will summon another, so you'll have to keep shooting to remove it and have a stable fight.(since bosses can be hit by bullets 'for' it, so you'll have to find out yourself how to easily remove it)
- all voices became little more quiet.
and these may not happen if sega doesn't add them in puyo tetris. ...just kidding, but I truly wish they are added in it

2. HAEGOE(6th boss) :
- most of you said it has too high HP, but that was the original concept : give shock to you by having a HUGE HP.
- I'll reduce it for the first(50) and second(150) phase, and instead of reducing hp for the final, I'll add a gimmick to make you kill it easier and faster.
- it's second and final phase will become harder in to make up for it.
- the gimmick works this way : before it enters the final phase, it will spit some of its cores(which uses the portal sprites). cores are RNG attacks and they can kill you, and go away. but two of them is remains at the left and right end respectively, and you can kill HAEGOE by shooting them.
- I won't do it if most of you says not to do it, and I want you to choose both(harder attacks and lower HP) or neither.

3. Auto & manual fires
- Its hard to nerf all the HP, so I'll add a warning instead(better late than never) that says bosses has an extremely high HP and Auto is for light users and manual is for MasochistsHardcore users.

I'm not upset or annoyed by any negative feedbacks. I'm just a little confused by so many different comments in such a short time(more than I could handle)..
a.k.a. tasteisgone

I MAEK MBOILE GEAMS!

Paragus

• Alumi
  • Spike Dodger
  • Windows Vista/Server 2008 Windows Vista/Server 2008
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2013, 09:29:26 AM »
The warning for the autofire is a good idea I think.  I like that.

Boss 5 - Killing the fireball was just a suggestion.  There just needs to be some way to manage it without it being there the entire fight after killing 1 ghost.  Turning down the voices should help, a lot of viewers were just complaining about the sound during the fight.

Final Boss - You can give that a try and we will see what happens.   The current issue is that once you learn how to dodge the attacks, it just becomes boring having to grind down so much HP.

HAEGOE

• Spike Dodger
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2013, 03:01:46 AM »
1.14 version is released. I did what I can do.
Long story short : Final became a little harder, but you can take it down in much less time than before
a.k.a. tasteisgone

I MAEK MBOILE GEAMS!

Ario147

• Spike Dodger
  • Sex me
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: I wanna get the OOPARTS II 1.4 version (updated in 26/12/2013)
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2013, 02:48:37 PM »
IM HATIN NEW VERSION, SO BAD, PARA DISLIKE, PARA DISLIKE, BOOOOOOOOOO
Its a beautiful day outside.

Birds are singing, flowers are blooming,

On days like these, kids like you...

S H O U L D  B E  B U R N I N G  I N  H E L L .

SparkleDon

• Trial Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2013, 02:57:57 PM »
Observing your boss during a stream. The thing just has way too much HP. I can see what you were trying to do, but it's honestly just too much. I think your boss would be much better off having 100 hp split up in to 25 hp phases. You can set it up to be just as epic while avoiding the tedium. I understand if you don't want to bother, but as I see it now, no one's going to want to bother fighting this boss, which is a shame to get that far and then just to see that and be put off from the game. It might not be worth it for you, but why not give it a redesign? I think you could make this work much better than it is now.

25 HP per phase, after 25 damage give it some invincibility frames so it can get some attacks off every phase if the player is wasping, but try to avoid making it invincible for too long in case a legit player is going at it. Give it enough time to get off one or two attacks and re-open it to damage. If you're playing legit, it'll still take some doing to kill it, but it won't be horribly repetitive / drawn out.

That's the best advice I can give I suppose, if you decide to pursue it, I hope it works out for you.

Hectorpaddy

• Spike Dodger
  • Do you even Hexa Corner?
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 32.0.1700.41 Chrome 32.0.1700.41
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Gamepad
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2013, 08:58:08 PM »

- most of you said it has too high HP, but that was the original concept : give shock to you by having a HUGE HP.

I have an idea about that, if your intention is to shock people with a huge HP number you might as well buff rge HP by 10% or 20%, but make the boss take 2 damage by each hit. Thus people would still be shocked, but they would also acknowledge the fight as less boring/shorter as they expected.
Hector, the dropping knowledge.

HAEGOE

• Spike Dodger
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2013, 09:32:09 PM »
I could do that, I suppose. How about these Idea? I could separate the modes into 4.

Type A : Auto Fire, Current Auto mode. Bullets Gives Bosses 1 damage. Invincibility time is pointless because you can't shoot faster than the Auto fire system allows you to.

Type B : Manual Fire-1. Current Manual Mode. No Invincibility time, Bullets Gives Bosses 1 damage.

Type C : Manual Fire-2. Short Invincibility time(0.1~0.2 second or so), Bullets Gives Bosses 2 damages.

Type D : Manual Fire-3. Long Invincibility time(1 second or so), Bullets Gives Bosses 10 damages.

I will have to Change A Lot, but if you say yes to this, I'll try my best. And, these numbers are just an example, so tell me if it's not balanced.

Next version will be the final version unless there's a fatal bug or something. So if you have something to say, Say it now before the final version releases.
a.k.a. tasteisgone

I MAEK MBOILE GEAMS!

SparkleDon

• Trial Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2013, 07:41:41 PM »
Would you be altering the boss hp? Or would he be staying at 500 with these modes implemented in?

If it's 100 hp per mode, it could be alright. Though, my only concern with type A / B is that they're pretty similar, might make the player feel like they're repeating the same phase. Maybe have...

Type A do 1 damage with no frames. (100 shots to break the phase.)
Type B could be 2 damage with .1 invincibility. (50 shots to break the phase.)
Type C could be 5 damage with .2 invincibility.  (20 shots to break the phase.)
Then type D with 10 damage and .5 invincibility. (10 shots to finish the battle.)

400 HP in total, 100 per phase. With the idea of increasing the players damage with just a short hindrance, it'd maybe make the fight not take as long, while still taking some doing, and it'd make the player feel like they're gaining ground, maybe pushing the boss in to more of a desperation as the phases continue.

If you'd be changing how the bosses attacks progress each phase, try to avoid too much clutter with cross ups. It's alright if there's a lot going on, but RNG has a bad habit of crossing attacks in ways that make it literally impossible to dodge them.

This idea you've got already sounds quite a bit better though. I'll keep my eye here if I have any more thoughts, or if you have more you want to pitch for ideas.