Fangames > Announcements

Team overhaul

<< < (2/5) > >>

Denferok:
You're forgetting that the team is mostly about getting new viewers to check out the other streamers. A small team size is important if you actually want people to look at the team page. Skill is not important, the only reason why I had a certain skill threshold before was so I would not get ultra spammed with applications, what matters is how entertaining the stream is. If I go offline and it ends up autohosting someone who is doing a micless boss grind, even if that person is extremely good, new viewers aren't going to be interested in that.

PiranhaTooth:

--- Quote from: Denferok on February 08, 2017, 03:44:54 AM ---You're forgetting that the team is mostly about getting new viewers to check out the other streamers. A small team size is important if you actually want people to look at the team page. Skill is not important, the only reason why I had a certain skill threshold before was so I would not get ultra spammed with applications, what matters is how entertaining the stream is. If I go offline and it ends up autohosting someone who is doing a micless boss grind, even if that person is extremely good, new viewers aren't going to be interested in that.

--- End quote ---

A valid point. Substituting entertainment for skill is probably a much better idea. It's kind of hard to think otherwise in this instance though. Considering a solid %95 of the popular wannabes are exemplary players, we've been conditioned to think that being a good player is a sizable portion of what it means to be in the team. That being said, you're totally right. After a second evaluation, entertainment over skill, since that would also better represent who we are as a team in terms of personalities and such as well.

Onynekyu:
Since this community is supportive and welcoming, i don't feel the need to be a member team nor octrasized. That's why i feel good and like this community

I always feel that Wannabes team helps new comers to discover fangames world and community ("non-longtime-fangame-community-members" as patrick said ^^), like a showcase of fangames community and a first-step ladder. 
It was my case last year when i discover fangames while having no clues of what it is. I wander on twitch team, discover popular fangamers, then i follow "I wanna be the guy" game and discover/meet other awesome people. Now, i care less attention about wannabes team, but more about fangames community overall.

So I agree to put entertainment ahead of skills for the team. Also, having 10-15 members seems reasonable to me.

Zero-G:
This is your team den,you should do it how you like it the most.you already helped alot of lower viewed channels with this in the past.making the team morw clean would still benefit the whole com since people who wanna watch it get addicted anyways and will dig deeper.with too many,nobody might profit of it cause of the mess.

Gonna write more later at home cause of streamers without mic like gza or speedrunners here and there.

pieceofcheese87:
Personally I haven't even checked the team page in months and I never use it, so it doesn't really matter to me what you do with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version