Author Topic: The Wannabes auto hosting discussion  (Read 10317 times)

sunbla

• Cherry Eater
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 53.0.2785.116 Chrome 53.0.2785.116
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Gamepad
Re: The Wannabes auto hosting discussion
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2016, 06:40:30 AM »
- Removal of inactive members (basically those who no longer exist within the community)

i think this is fine aslong as you try to actually contact the people you want to remove and try to atleast talk to them about it

- Those who come back would not need to reapply and are able to rejoin instantly

i think this is fine if they really want to get back into streaming more regulary again

- Make the whole "watchable stream" rule more strict

what makes a stream more watchable? i don't think we had a single stream yet where the game wasn't the focus of the stream so i don't really get this point. if it's just about the bitrate or something then no. i used to have a really bad bitrate too but it didn't stop people from watching the stream

- Spend more time deciding whether the person in question is suitable to join (a small group of community managers would be great)

i don't get why it needs to be something that special to get into the team. if someone enjoys playing these games we usually already know those people a bit. so it barely takes any thinking if they should be added or not

- Require english to be the broadcaster language (I.E the setting in your twitch dashboard, multiple language streams are still fine)

think this is ok if it's only about the chat language setting. i don't mind watching someone if it's fun and he doesn't speak english

- Heavily discourage the use of follower alerts

i hate follower alerts and it usually makes me wait until someones stream goes offline to follow him, but it is the streamers decision how he wants to run things like this so i don't think this should be a thing. it is the same with donations or other popups which always should be the streamers decision and it really doesn't hurt the team if someone does have these

- Heavily encourage all members of the team to use the autohosting

i'm personally have a pretty split opinion about this, but i think autohosting isn't bad so it is fine. the whole hosting feature just loses the kinda "personal" contact between the streamers. before you were happy when someone decides to host you and it brings maybe sometimes even some motivation to clear things you are playing at that time. with the autohost this is kinda gone since it's just not having any meaning that you got hosted by it. still i think it is fine if everyone does it

Final thoughts

i don't think the team should be some elite club or shit like that. it's supposed to be a place where people who enjoy these games and other can come together and enjoy them together too. what i really would like is more stuff happening with the team. i know it's always easy to say that but for now we have like 1 event per year kinda. i personally don't even think we need only big things like FGM. the races between more people blind are completely gone which is sad (a lot from this comes because people just take stuff too serious which is another problem). the whole playing fangames to just enjoy them and have fun seems to slowly go away for many people. i really would wish that the team just gets closer together with each individual and that it is not only some split up group of people that maybe do something together every now and then. i hope people maybe kinda get my point and read through all this  :4Head:

tehjman1993

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Meme Enthusiast
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2016, 11:00:29 AM »
Final thoughts

i don't think the team should be some elite club or shit like that. it's supposed to be a place where people who enjoy these games and other can come together and enjoy them together too. what i really would like is more stuff happening with the team. i know it's always easy to say that but for now we have like 1 event per year kinda. i personally don't even think we need only big things like FGM. the races between more people blind are completely gone which is sad (a lot from this comes because people just take stuff too serious which is another problem). the whole playing fangames to just enjoy them and have fun seems to slowly go away for many people. i really would wish that the team just gets closer together with each individual and that it is not only some split up group of people that maybe do something together every now and then. i hope people maybe kinda get my point and read through all this  :4Head:

You made an interesting point here about the team being really only "1 big event" per year. I am in complete agreement - I think the overall attitude has gotten more serious and less spontaneous when it comes to events, races, etc. We really do need to organize any and all events, even if its literally same-day friendly races between streamers (or even viewers). Bingo was promising when it was first released, but no one really uses it anymore. Get Yourself Fangaming is really the last weekly event we've ever done, and I'm glad it was being kept alive.

I think the main problem with this is that it stems from no community or team support for these events. I can't tell you how many times I've mentioned the "GYF races" and a lot of viewers have 0 clue what I'm talking about. If there's any planned event, even for the same-day or the next, it would be great if we received some team support for the idea from their own streams.

BBF

• Cherry Eater
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2016, 04:18:33 PM »
I'm a very competitive person, so I am totally guilty of that. Always get sad that "serious" speedrunning is becoming such a small part of our community (except Get Yourself Fangaming and the couple of people seriously speedrunning something)...but that's besides the point.

Auto-Hosting seems to be pretty broken still, I randomly get hosted sometimes after my stream has been long down, so I won't  be using it for the time being.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 04:33:22 PM by BBF »

Denferok

• Community Manager
  • The Kid
  • Administrator
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 54.0.2840.71 Chrome 54.0.2840.71
    • View Profile
    • My stream
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2016, 11:33:11 AM »
Hello again, I have not forgotten about this topic, don't worry.

For this to work I'm gonna need a small group (3-4 people) of team managers to deal with applications, inactive members and other similar things.

If you are interested in volunteering for this, let me know!

Swordslinger

• The Kid
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2016, 04:27:07 PM »
Since there hasn't been a reply yet, i guess i can accept a position here, however the bugging part of this is where would everyone talk about inactive members? To be honest i don't really have a need for Discord and i don't really want it and i know you den don't want to use skype at all either, so this is the only thing i object to with something like this, and since i recommend members a lot to you, i feel like i can do something like this.
A Random Signature

Zurai

• Community Manager
  • Spike Dodger
  • Administrator
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2016, 11:10:50 AM »
Yea, I can help you. Just hook me up on discord
Stop by and say hello at www.twitch.tv/zurairofl :PogChamp:

tehjman1993

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Meme Enthusiast
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 54.0.2840.87 Chrome 54.0.2840.87
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2016, 04:30:57 PM »
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to see team feedback regarding the 'auto host' feature on Twitch -- is this working as intended? Do you still agree with it? We had this discussion a while ago, yet it seemed that we never "officially" committed to using it, despite everyone basically now using it. Is there any other part of this that needs discussion?

On a somewhat related note -- after talking with Pat, I am in full agreement that the Wannabes team page on Twitch needs a little sprucing up, any ideas?

pieceofcheese87

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Personal Text
  • Windows 8.1/Server 2012 Windows 8.1/Server 2012
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Tv Channel
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2016, 06:15:46 PM »
I've heard some streamers complain about a sea of host messages when they start up their stream, dunno if that was changed recently but I disabled my auto hosting for that reason.
Signature

Wolsk

• The Kid
  • Wolsky McKitty :3
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2016, 05:39:55 PM »
Auto-hosting is incredibly irritating because of what piece mentioned.  Because we have so many members on the team, when you get the auto-hosts, it basically replaces your entire chatbox and even does that multiple times because for some reason it hosts more than once from the same channel.  Twitch is a good site that only adds features that have been well-tested.

Outside of that, I have seen an increased viewercount for my channel which is nice, but I will not enable it for my own channel since it is still a mess of a feature.  There are a bunch of bugs that I'm sure have been reported hundreds of times that Twitch still hasn't fixed, and I'd rather not be another message in the sea of spammy auto-hosts.  As of now, I just manually host whoever I'm watching at the time, and that accomplishes pretty much the same thing.
meow :3

Why are you complaining about being a meme? this is a positive thing

Denferok

• Community Manager
  • The Kid
  • Administrator
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 54.0.2840.87 Chrome 54.0.2840.87
    • View Profile
    • My stream
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2016, 05:52:25 PM »
There's a big purge of inactive team members coming, so the autohost spam shouldn't be as ridiculous