Author Topic: Introducing Delicious-Fruit.com!  (Read 93381 times)

klazen108

• Administrator
  • The Kid
  • your a kid now your a squid now
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 50.0.2661.94 Chrome 50.0.2661.94
    • View Profile
    • Delicious-Fruit
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Re: Introducing Delicious-Fruit.com!
« Reply #195 on: May 10, 2016, 06:25:48 PM »
The translation process is pretty simple. All you have to do is download a program called poedit, and then open up a file I send and add in the translations for each item. Here's a screenshot showing Korean translations in progress:

Things like news items and user reviews won't be translated, just the static text around the website, so it's a one-and-done deal. If you're interested, just get in contact with me and I can send you the file you need and help you get set up.

kurath

• Wannabe
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 53.0.2785.143 Chrome 53.0.2785.143
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 03, 2016, 12:11:26 AM »
Didn't see this come up in the thread (hope I didn't miss it and rehash an old idea) but I think I'd like to see the ability to reference 'similar games' in a review. I think there's no doubt that people have specific tastes when it comes to fangames, and while the tags do help it doesn't necessarily cover it all. It'd be a great addition for people to be able to see - once they finish a game and (hopefully) review it, to be able to see what others referenced as similar in case they liked it. Perhaps to add a little more, a short description could be added as to why its similar.

Eg. Sheep 100 is like QoQoQo as they're similar difficulty 100 floor games with single save floors and convoluted level design.

patrickgh3

• Spike Dodger
  • stay optimistic! :D
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 54.0.2840.71 Chrome 54.0.2840.71
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #197 on: November 09, 2016, 01:42:47 PM »
Just now today Starz0r asked the IWC discord what Delfruit features they'd like to see. I compiled a list for convenience! I also want to reiterate on behalf of everyone, thank you Klazen and TJ for making and dealing with Delfruit. Hear our humble suggestions o wise ones.

Starz0r: What would features would @everyone want to see on Delicious Fruit?

Forum integration: Delfruit and forum profiles would be linked.

Recommendations system: Each fangame page would suggest fangames of similar tags, difficulty, and possibly rating.

Curated lists: 10 users with most reviews have their reviews list sorted by rating publicly facing somehow as a recommended list.

Badges: To incentivize reviewing. Many other ideas like streaks (1 review a week), participating in community events (spook jam). Seriously I think this would make many people actually contribute to the site.

Fangame of the day: On the homepage, show a fangame (name, 1 screenshot, clickable) that's automatically randomly picked every 24hrs with possibly a 7+ rating threshold.
Can show people fangames they would like but never seen before if they catch their eye.

Follow authors: Make a list of author names and you get notified somehow whenever one releases a new game.

New reviews on my game: Somehow see only reviews on your games (any games?) that you haven't read before.

Donate button

Sort by date added: Sort games somehow by date added (more fine tuned than date range in advanced search).

Negate tags: Advanced search for games WITHOUT certain tags.

Search by number of ratings as an official parameter in advanced search.

Viewing your own bookmarks list shows average ratings/difficulty instead of your own, since you likely haven't played them yet. Maybe show both?

Kanaris

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 54.0.2840.71 Chrome 54.0.2840.71
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 09, 2016, 02:20:07 PM »
Hi! I have some changes to DelFruit I think would be awesome to see if possible.

Appearance:
-Optional delfruit dark theme (mm)
-A user's bookmarks list should show their score ratings/difficulty ratings as well as the average score ratings/difficulty ratings, as most use bookmarks for games they haven't played, and hence, haven't rated.
-Show when the user bookmarked a game.
-Show when the user cleared a game.

Site structure:
-Authors and users linked together. If you click on an author's name on their game's page, it should take you to their profile like it does when you click on anyone else's name.

Advanced Search:
-Search by number of ratings
-Ability to exclude tags/strings

Search Results:
-Sort by date
-Sort by author
-Ability to add games to bookmarks directly from the search results page (pleaseeeeeeee)

Thank you Klazen, TJ and Pat for the awesome site! <3
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 05:10:48 AM by Kanaris »

tehjman1993

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Meme Enthusiast
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 54.0.2840.87 Chrome 54.0.2840.87
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 09, 2016, 07:40:51 PM »
Hey guys,

Thanks for compiling all of these into one post Pat & Kanaris ... Klazen is super busy getting situated with new life stuff at the moment, but I will relay all of these to him when he's available!

Together, we will Make Del-Fruit Great Again!

BaronBlade

• Spike Dodger
  • bees?
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 54.0.2840.87 Chrome 54.0.2840.87
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 14, 2016, 12:24:07 PM »
I'd like to add a suggestion for an improved advanced search: the ability to search specifically for unrated fangames. I feel like this would motivate people to play said games and leave more reviews, thus leading to a more comprehensive site.
bean!

tehjman1993

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Meme Enthusiast
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 54.0.2840.99 Chrome 54.0.2840.99
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 27, 2016, 08:18:03 PM »
Good evening Del-Fruiters!

We have another update for the site that we believe will only help the site grow even more: foreign language support!

This was suggested quite a long time ago, and Klazen heard you! As of now, we are rolling out Portuguese as the language other than English on the site, with more languages (hopefully) on the way (such as Korean)! You can find the language switcher on the top-right part of the site.

Please note that the language change does not affect the following:
Usernames
Game names or links
Del-Fruit Announcements
Any of the buttons at the top
Reviews

...everything else will be translated! We hope you enjoy this feature.

Also, if you want a new language supported on the site and you happen to be fluent in that language - contact me or Klazen, and we'll hook you up! A BIG thank you to Nader who helped us with the first translation!

Thanks,
TJ&Klazen

Raoul

• Wannabe
  • Creating / Playing Fangames
  • iOS 10.1.1 iOS 10.1.1
  • Browser:
  • Safari 0.8.2 Safari 0.8.2
    • View Profile
    • https://blog.naver.com/ljs1996
« Reply #202 on: November 28, 2016, 02:00:48 AM »

We have another update for the site that we believe will only help the site grow even more: foreign language support!

This was suggested quite a long time ago, and Klazen heard you! As of now, we are rolling out Portuguese as the language other than English on the site, with more languages (hopefully) on the way (such as Korean)! You can find the language switcher on the top-right part of the site.

Usernames
Game names or links
Del-Fruit Announcements
Reviews

Also, if you want a new language supported on the site and you happen to be fluent in that language - contact me or Klazen, and we'll hook you up! A BIG thank you to Nader who helped us with the first translation!

Thanks,
TJ&Klazen

I can do korean, so if you want to contact me about it, feel free to do so :)

tehjman1993

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Meme Enthusiast
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 28, 2016, 08:46:52 PM »

Usernames
Game names or links
Del-Fruit Announcements
Reviews

Thanks,
TJ&Klazen

Hey Raoul,

We're very much interested - we would love to get in contact via Discord. Are you a part of the Iwanna community discord? I could find you and PM you that way.

Thanks,
TJ

Raoul

• Wannabe
  • Creating / Playing Fangames
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • https://blog.naver.com/ljs1996
« Reply #204 on: November 29, 2016, 12:09:10 AM »

Usernames
Game names or links
Del-Fruit Announcements
Reviews

Thanks,
TJ&Klazen

Hey Raoul,

We're very much interested - we would love to get in contact via Discord. Are you a part of the Iwanna community discord? I could find you and PM you that way.

Thanks,
TJ

Currently I am not in any group of discord, since I signed in only a few weeks ago.

My account number(?) is < Shinobu #7315 >

tehjman1993

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Meme Enthusiast
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 05, 2016, 12:01:30 AM »
Just an update to our new language support -- thanks to Erik, we now support German! Woohoo!

WetWookie

• Cherry Eater
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 51.0 Firefox 51.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 07, 2017, 09:53:27 AM »
How about an option for people to enter their completion time when they mark the game as completed and an average completion time displayed on the page?

WetWookie

• Cherry Eater
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 53.0 Firefox 53.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 04, 2017, 06:01:18 PM »
The front page of del fruit lists the newest 10 games. For quite some time now the wiki guy has been waiting many days between approvals so there are often more than 10 new games at a time. This means that some games never get a chance to sit on the front page. Could we expand the list to the newest 20 games?

WetWookie

• Cherry Eater
  • Android 6.0.1 Android 6.0.1
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 55.0 Firefox 55.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 25, 2017, 09:07:03 AM »
Would it be possible to add the median rating and difficulty on a game's page alongside the current averages?

xwidghet

• Wannabe
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 71.0.3578.98 Chrome 71.0.3578.98
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 14, 2019, 10:23:14 AM »
Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place but the Captcha used for resetting passwords has been shutdown. Could you update it to the newer version so I can recover my delicious-fruit account? c: