Author Topic: RegalPrime-UnityEngine v1.4.1 - 8-18-15  (Read 31053 times)

RegalPrime

• Wannabe
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 39.0.2171.71 Chrome 39.0.2171.71
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Re: Unity Fangame Engine - 12-08-14 - Update + Download Link
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2014, 03:08:38 AM »
https://www.mediafire.com/download/a9awltjiqgw7fhi/I+Wanna+Help+the+Cat+v1.1.zip
Found some last minute bugs and got them fixed (that Reset function on the boss screen messing up again).
If you tested the first version, let me know how this version feels. There are still a couple of things I wish I could smooth out, but things are better than before.
If you haven't tested this game / engine yet, feel free to this version. There is a scene select on the main loading screen, so you can jump around to any place in the game.

Ooohh, also the new Unity version was just released this week. Which means I can update my version (hopefully nothing breaks)
They added in the new GUI stuff, which means I will have to watch all the tutorials and start testing it out. When I get things settled I can update the main loading game screen.
It should be a lot easier to create and design with the new patch. Seems like a fun mini-project.

Well, it is time for the new game / engine release. I will end up being gone all next week so I worked on getting this put out this week.
The amount of backend things I have changed, I would bet there are some bugs somewhere. I ended up adding in a few things I wasn't planning, but the game should run a lot better now (I'm sure its not 100% perfect, but its a big improvement).

** Update Notes **
I put back in the default unity pregame screen to allow for changes in resolution size.
It also has options to change the button settings, but do so at your own risk.
I have not messed around with that window and I have no clue how it interacts with my in game settings.

Platforms pull less when jumping through them (horizontally)
Vertically is still a bit pully though.

Torch pickup / drop is now the X button.

Changed how Button presses were done. They should be more immediate.
Hopefully this should lessen the unresponsiveness.

The below were added to detect when the character is close to a solid object and will move them a shorter distance to prevent the physics bug (where you could clip a deadly object in another block and die)
- Added in ground check
- Added in wall check
- Added in ceiling check (no preventive movement checks yet)
-- There is still a small possibility that you will clip a ground object when falling (you fall way faster per frame than moving), but it is an extreme improvement over the default.
-- This is because the AoE ground check is not as big as I would like atm due to another problem that arose (when I fix that, I should prevent this from happening)

Reset Data on the Loading Scene is no longer an option
- Difficulty options were added in instead (easy / medium / hard)
- Items without the proper difficulty permissions will be disabled
- Nothing in this game uses the difficulty option, but the option and script have been written

Boss Room - cant go backwards a screen
Boss - Spinny hands attack - No RNG on the attack, there should always be a safe spot.
Boss - Paws have 5hp each. 10 was just too much.
Boss - I noticed the death timer on the projectiles was too high and objects were hanging around too long.
-- Changed the death timers based on each attack to the smallest time needed for an object to leave the screen (less objects active at once, less calculations)

Object Pooling put in the new object spawner script (has a variable to disable it if needed)
- This effects any screen with constant spawning of objects (including the boss)
- Objects are now reused instead of constantly creating and destroying themselves (this should increase efficiency).

Object Pooling added to shooting script (reuses bullets)
I think the spike treadmill uses object pooling now as well (Im sure there are others as well).

Added the Reset() Event to every script
- This allows one script to call the Reset() function on all available scripts that are loaded in the scene
- The Reset() function is added to each script that needs it and will change the script back to the initial settings / position / etc
- Instead of constantly deleting and reloading the same scene (and its objects), using this will allow the scripts to reset themselves giving the illusion they have been reloaded
- More efficient, but there is the possibility that some of the Reset() functions could be wrong and thus have bugs.

Reloading the same scene will now call the Reset() Event instead of deleting and reloading the scene (and off of its objects)
- This will allow for key presses to be active when constantly reloading on the same screen (this however may not hold true between scenes)

Commented on every script and sorted them all out

Object pooling went in ok, but the Reset() event on some scripts was a pain (ie the boss / spinny room).
Im sure it is a lot easier to write a script from scratch with the Reset() event in mind instead of modifying an already existing script
It wouldn't surprise me if a few bugs might show up now.

Scene select is available on the loading page - This is for the people who want to jump to a certain scene to test (or just want to browse through my game).
Just move the slider bar to the correct scene number and click "Jump to scene"
Using the jump to scene will use either your current used slot or slot 1 by default.

It gets fairly old writing the back-end scripting so I took a few days off and wrote a nifty background effect.
When this script is triggered, it sends a shockwave-like color changing effect outwards through out the valid tiles.
+1 test scene - Has a few of these trigger objects on a empty scene with different variables set to give a feel of what this script does
+3 new scenes using this script - Created a simple gimmic involving this script.

For ease, I created a button on the loading screen that allows you to jump to these new scenes.
For now, they are in the game, but not attached to any other scenes (they are actually after the "you win scene". After I find they are bug free, I will put them somewhere in the middle of the game.

Picture of the first new scene
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 02:12:23 AM by RegalPrime »

RegalPrime

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 39.0.2171.95 Chrome 39.0.2171.95
    • View Profile
Re: Unity Fangame Engine - 12-21-14 - New Gooey
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2014, 01:42:37 AM »
https://www.mediafire.com/download/slyxbav7kimpf3a/I+Wanna+Help+the+Cat+v1.2.zip

- New GUI system hype !! -
Took me a bit of time to figure how to use it, but I am getting the hang of it. I am also glad I waited instead of learning the old system then learning this one.

Created a new Loading screen using the new GUI. It look nice and crisp and allows for me to change design and whatever without totally breaking the connections anymore <3
It is pretty plain at the moment, but it is a lot better than the old version.
(click to show/hide)

Created a HP Bar GUI + prefab. The HPModule script can use this and it works well displaying the objects / enemies hit points.
Has various options on when to display the HPbar / speed of hp removal / etc.
- Enabled the option to show the HP bar when the bosses paws are hit.

Replaced the basic label script with the new GUI system. Signs and character chat boxes look better. I didn't go overboard creating boxes. Just a simple bordered square that can be expanded upon later. A lot cleaner to work with compared to the old script based GUI.

Created a game over screen using the new GUI. It looks 100% the same, but it needed to be updated.

Finally got around to totally rewriting the camera script. Whereas it worked well before, it was a huge ugly inefficient mess. After sketching out the design, the rewrite went smoothly.
Also updated the script that triggers the camera manipulations when the player trips a spot. This one had a few problems just because I totally changed how the camera script worked from before, but now I think it is all fine.

Save point added an option to reset the default camera position on trigger, which is helpful when resetting the camera on larger scenes (where the camera follows the player).

Put the 4 scenes added last patch into the main game scene lineup.

- Stuffs -
I am a bit disappointed in not being able to smoothly access preventive measures when using physics. Physics are calculated all the time (when there is free time), whereas my preventive checks are calculated once a frame. Most the time the guy will move very well and other times you notice a bit of a snapping effect when running into a wall. I mean its better than dying to objects inside of walls, but I need to dig more into how to do this better. I will probably flesh out the 100% transform 2d-controller and see how it works in game. Sadly it will not have the power to move up slopes and I will have to change a few things if that happens (will have to figure how to do slope climbing later I would guess).

I have been cleaning up the engine files as of late (when I haven't been programming) and am getting to the point where I am feeling better about releasing the engine to the public.
As long as people understand the state the engine is in (not perfect), I have no qualms about releasing it in a somewhat messy state.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:36:25 AM by RegalPrime »

RegalPrime

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 39.0.2171.95 Chrome 39.0.2171.95
    • View Profile
Re: Unity Fangame Engine - 1-15-15 - Collider / Scripting fixes
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2015, 11:53:12 PM »
Hmm, didn't know it was that long since my last update. I probably said this above somewhere, but I really hate programming the more complex back end stuff for a long period of time, but it seems that's all I have been doing since the last update. Also, took some time to learn more about the inner workings of unity so I can program smarter.
No engine / game update, but I am working on a testing room I can use to test some problems / get feedback and might release that later.

Did some research on when unity polls key inputs and when the screen is rendered and changed how key inputs are done again.
Updated and cleaned up both movement scripts. After updating my pixel movement script I found a logic problem where even when not moving, the script was grabbing no movement as an input for that frame. This could cause a one frame delay when actually wanting to move. Knowing when the frame renders now allowed me to clean up the scripts and fix the weird snapping that happened at times when getting close to a wall.

Made the velocity and pixel movement scripts the child of the 2dcontroller and thus can be used interchangeably in the engine. Rewrote the parent to be more generic and encapsulated most of the variables. Was worried about getting this to work right, but the pixel based guy script interacts with all the game objects like he should, so I guess it worked.
IN SHORT, there is a prefab for the physics based movement and a prefab for the pixel based movement character. Both can interact with all of the other objects in the engine without having to change any other scripts.

Put a line of code in the spawn controller so that I can force which guy spawns through the entire game

After having some time, I finally found the new settings to change the size of the collider buffer (came in with the newest patch).
Previously, the default setting caused the player to have a 1.5 pixel extra buffer when "touching" another collider (ie a wall or even the triggering of a deadly object). This buffer made the character much fatter than its normal collider size and caused some weird issues (poor accuracy of jumping / bonking head early / etc)
The settings now allow to go down to 0.01 pixel buffer (a pretty big difference)

This is good HOWEVER, this buffer is used in the physics to help calculate collisions of solid objects. The physics guy collides with corners of certain square objects very weirdly when the buffer is set extremely low. He will kind of bounce off of edges a bit. I am not sure if there are settings that can increase the accuracy of these collisions or the rate in which they are calculated. The good news is that the pixel movement based character does not have this problem and no longer has this collider problem.

Of course, having lost this buffer, some of my objects started acted weird at times (falling through moving platforms and whatnot)
I spent a bit of time updating some major scripts. I haven't had the time to test many of the other object interactions to see if they held up.

I also took this time to figure how and when colliders trigger so that I can create more accurate "deadly objects"
Previously the spike's edge collider was just thrown on "by eye," but now I have a better idea of what to do next.
With that 1.5 pixel fatty buffer before, objects triggered before they should have and were inaccurate, so I shrunk the collider size to compensate. I no longer have to do this and I need to change it back.

Serious update on CalculateChecks script (used to calculate the distance between 2 object's colliders)
- This script is used to detect when the character is grounded and near other solid objects (for movement / gravity reasons)
- AoE calculations to detect wall / ground / ceiling / pits are now generic and will know how to calculate the offsets based on that objects current settings
- Took out the need to have separate code for if the object is flipped / if facing a certain direction / scaled a certain size / etc
- Increased the accuracy of these checks (there was a few places when the character was on the edge of a platform, but this script said he was not grounded and thus played the falling animation and caused him not to be able to jump / refresh the jump)

- Updated the formula to calculate the distance to a wall / ceiling / ground object to deal with all of the variables in one formula
- Calculating the distance to the ground for an edge collider was updated as well (distance to an edge collider for wall / ceiling are not in yet)

AI script now uses check surroundings script to detect walls / ground / etc (same script that is used on the main character. CalculateChecks.cs)
- Added pitcheck to the script to detect if there is a pit in front of the object (used to tell the AI to turn around when patrolling)
- No longer need the offset objects on the AI gameobjects, which should simplify things a bit.
- AI acts more stable because there is no need to manually set the offsets on the gameobject.

Climbing changed to detect walls so there is no studdering / wiggling when climbing and humping walls (also Uses the CalculateChecks.cs script)

Teleport in room script - maintain offset was bugged and fixed.

So, overall, a lot of progress in fixing some major problems that were plaguing the core of this engine (those colliders :/).
Next thing to fix is the aftermath of shrinking that collider buffer and its effect on interaction with other gameobjects (will involve going through most of the prefabs / scripts that interact with the character). Also need to figure how to make the physics movement guy collide with corners better when the collider buffer is set very small.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 11:59:44 PM by RegalPrime »

RegalPrime

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 39.0.2171.99 Chrome 39.0.2171.99
    • View Profile
Re: Unity Fangame Engine - 1-23-15 GameUpdate and Engine Release
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2015, 04:08:25 PM »
The whole collider issues was one of the main reasons why I haven't released the engine. With solving a majority of these issues + having a workable alternative character that works well (the pixel movement guy), I've found there's no reason to not release it in its current state.

There is still a lot of old items in the engine I wish I had time to rewrite or even add, but for now it is stable enough.
- Uploaded and downloaded and tested to make sure I could open it and whatnot.
- Seems everything is in order
https://www.mediafire.com/download/x1w70hkaq8b11y8/RegalPrime+-+UnityEngine+v1.1.zip

Updated the engine and released game version 1.03
- There are 2 downloads, one uses the physics guy and one uses the pixel based movements as the main player
- Pixel guy moves via transforms and requires almost no collider buffer. Only con is the inability to go up slopes
- Physics guy moves via physics forces but requires a larger collider buffer to remain stable. Increased collider buffer makes the player collider fatter
- Update includes what was listed in the last post + below
- Most of these deal with the aftereffects of messing with collider settings

Hill climbing works on physics guy again
Distance to wall calculation updated to deal with edge colliders
Distance to ceiling calculation updated to deal with edge colliders
Climbing works while upside down
De-childed the character if they are on the treadmill when the individual object recycles itself

Moving platform fixed
- It wasnt that much of the collider size, but the value used to determine when the player was above the collider
- Changed this to a public variable and increased the collider box. This way it can trigger earlier yet still calculate correctly

Reloading a scene with an animation of a dead unit cause a bug - Fixed (forgot to reset the IsDead tag)
Sliding down an edge collider - Am assuming some aftereffect of changing the collider buffer / penetration for penalty values (Fixed)

Found a bug that deals with some weird combination of pressing and releasing the jump button multiple times within one? frame. Happens very rarely.
Need to pinpoint what is actually the cause before attempting a logic fix.

Basic Tutorial
Simple tutorial to cover a few things
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 02:33:27 AM by RegalPrime »

RegalPrime

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 40.0.2214.111 Chrome 40.0.2214.111
    • View Profile
Re: RegalPrime-UnityEngine v1.1 - 1-23-15 - Update
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2015, 03:37:02 AM »
After the initial release, I decided to take a week off of this project (ended up being almost 2 though).
I had a bit of trouble wanting to go back to it because I had no clue what to work on next.

Long story short, I figured I would try to make an avoidance boss.
I had a super script that did a whole bunch of stuff and was used in creating the cat boss in the game (and other things). This includes everything from movement to spawning of objects and shapes. I didn't want to fix what was there, because it will break the other stuff in the game and I really don't want to mess with the boss code anymore. I figured there was no better time than now to create a version 2.0 of that script.

So, I am slowly moving over each function and testing / expanding / and simplifying everything about them. Some of them were, /// uugh, such a stinking mess, Im surprised they worked, lol, those needed total rewrites. Luckily, I was able to condense a few functions together. I have a few more main functions to bring over and then I think I will try some basic avoidance timing and testing to see if  everything is working all right. I think it will go all right, but I am afraid that I may run across some unforeseen problem mostly dealing with manipulating multiple design options in an easy way. In the cat boss I was able to do it, but I wasn't happy with the way I had to code it, hopefully this will change with the new function design.

-Very minor engine code fixes

RegalPrime

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 40.0.2214.115 Chrome 40.0.2214.115
    • View Profile
Re: Avoidance Done - Round1
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2015, 02:57:35 AM »
Parsed the entire song for the avoidance fight and took notes of all the important times / repeats / stanzas / chorus and whatnot. Figured I would do extra work upfront so I dont have to do that later. Divided the song into 10 sections. Added simple actions for the avoidance fight and set them to the timing. I can start at any of those sections and test from there (dont have to listen through the entire song all the time). Its nice to be able to just plug in the starting time and how long you want something to go for and it just works. At this point I had a crappy avoidance with good timing.

Was a mix between jumping between the avoidance code and updating the major scripts, but for the most part, all of the old functionality has been put into the new scripts. All the new versions of the functions look so nice comparatively. Added extra functionality as well. No overloaded functions as of now just so I dont have extra work to do if I do some major restructuring. I have a few more things I need to add though, but its 100x better than the old version (probably another child script to deal with custom stepped effects to keep them out of the main scripts).

Overall I kinda just picked a random anime song from youtube that seemed to have good segmentation. Due to the length I felt I would keep things fairly simple and extremely low RNG. After the other script update, I added more complex actions and spawners. Also added a few test custom actions which were a lot easier to create with the last iteration of the script. Fancied up the room and I decided to release a version to show what Ive been doing. I have a lot more functions that I wish I could of put in, but it would of just made things more complex.

https://www.mediafire.com/download/rl5wavilolbx6n7/Avoidance+Testing.zip
A few things.
Song is 3.54 mins long. Has a few repeat sections (chorus) were the "animation" is the same / similar. This was to keep things simple.
The title / save_load / ending screen are the same from the engine.
There is only one screen in this build (the avoidance boss)
Shoot the yellow box to start the avoidance fight.
All of the fruit projectiles have a circle collider on them, so the stems are safe.
I wish I had some better tiles to fit the nature of the song, but it looks ok.

I wouldn't consider it a bug, but during testing, I have the song skip to a certain time at the start of each section of the avoidance fight. This was so I could start the fight in certain sections. Some are seamless and you wont notice it, whereas others will have a very slight noise. In the real release, I would just comment out the skip to X spot in the song, so for now it is still in.

Nothing too fancy and I wish I could of thrown some other script function calls in to show better what I can do with the rewritten scripts.
Overall, this helped me iron out those problems from the older version and should make future bosses / avoidance so much easier. It was seriously easier and cleaner looking than my cat boss script, so that was a good thing.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 03:10:08 AM by RegalPrime »

FlyingTaoster

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 36.0 Firefox 36.0
    • View Profile
Re: RegalPrime-UnityEngine v1.1 - 3-11-15 - lol wut an avoidance boss?
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2015, 03:54:01 AM »
I have to admit, i am pretty impressed.

I tried out your game awhile ago, and the physics were certainly a bit different from the regular Guy physics in game maker. My playthrough of it ended when I had saved on the spot where one of those enemies in the later area is that you can kill. woops  :atkWut: Despite me save-screwing myself, it was an enjoyable experience  :cirThree:

This avoidance however, even though it is somewhat plain and has it's lulls in action, is an impressive feat. The timing of the attacks match the song well, and some of the attacks are in themselves impressive. The game you made somewhat piqued my interest in making a fangame in unity, but with what i've seen in your preliminary version of the avoidance, I can't wait to see what else you'll be able to do with it  :IceFairy:

RegalPrime

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 41.0.2272.89 Chrome 41.0.2272.89
    • View Profile
Re: RegalPrime-UnityEngine v1.1 - 3-11-15 - lol wut an avoidance boss?
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2015, 01:37:34 AM »
The whole saving inside of the monster problem can be resolved just by hitting the Q button (was in the readme :p not that I expect most people to read them). Dont worry I did it a few times as well. Pressing R, normally restarts at your save point and resets the room / monsters to their default positions, whereas Q will restart you at the start of the room and reload the scene from scratch. Of course you can always skip to any room you want from the main save / load screen in the current build and start the scene over that way.

I appreciate your feedback on my engine. My goal is more to make sure my code works rather than make the best game / avoidance ever and Im glad you noticed that.
Overall, the avoidance code is stupidly simple looking because it just calls all of these functions Ive been working on. I think it took me longer to diagram the song than write the boss code.

Here is one of the phases of the avoidance boss.
I dont have overloaded functions as of yet (so there is a lot of null / new Vector2(0,0) fillers that probably wont be there later)
You can guess what stuff does just by glancing at the code.
X object, Do this, at variables X /X / X / X / etc

(click to show/hide)

A lot of what I have done is all of the generic stuff, like move / rotate / create and dealing with sets of objects. My next post, Ill give a list of all of the new completed functions that are available. For the most part that stuff is done and I have enough of the functions I can start doing some advanced custom "actions." Not sure what things I will work on, but for starters I already wrote the ability to create an N-Sided polygon with X skips (skips = instead of just going around the outside of an object, you can skip X points and create star like objects easily). I also rewrote how shapes are created and morphed using something new I learned about C#.

RegalPrime

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 41.0.2272.118 Chrome 41.0.2272.118
    • View Profile
Re: RegalPrime-UnityEngine v1.1 - 4-4-15
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2015, 03:48:13 AM »
Been a while since the last update. The avoidance is still the same :p

It's surprising how long you can spend writing support scripts to get them just right. After doing this scripting and my avoidance, I watch others stream and I look at it so differently now. Its not that its a fancy design, I try to break it down in how they did it, and that alone made me spend a lot more time adding functionality to make it easy to do these design effects. On top of that, I found some cool c# stuff that made me rewrite a chunk of my code again, but it made it a lot easier to add to the script now.

I have a bit of time tonight and I figure I will list ALL of the stuff I have added. Guess it will also help me with the readme when I update the engine in the future.
For the people who have looked at my engine, all of the stuff I have been coding, replaces the NewObjectSpawner.cs script. It works better, has tons more functionality, and its very clean.
The script contains functions that make life easy. Stuff like, moving / rotating / scaling / looking at an object, and also the creation of shapes for use in an object spawner / avoidance fights.

- So here we go - I will list the coroutine name and brief information about what it does
Pretty much every coroutine has extra variables that are not listed that deal with start delay, position references, locality, and etc

ObjectManipulation.cs script
(click to show/hide)

ObjectCreation.cs script
(click to show/hide)

ObjectCreationExtras.cs script
These are coroutines that do a chain of events and then destroy themselves to make a simple to use effect.
Nice to be able to do a multistep effect with one function call. Too busy writing the above script stuff to add to this section to make the better looking effects.
(click to show/hide)

Not sure when I will be done with these scripts. Also not sure when I will release the next engine version. If you are interested in the above scripts, let me know.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 04:00:27 AM by RegalPrime »

RegalPrime

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 42.0.2311.90 Chrome 42.0.2311.90
    • View Profile
Re: RegalPrime-UnityEngine v1.1 - 4-23-15 Engine Update Information
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2015, 03:03:31 AM »
I feel pretty good about the scripts I have been working on, so I started taking some engine things off my list.

I really want to do another engine release, but I have to see what is the easiest way to do it. I have no clue if there is a quick way to do it without totally breaking old versions or make it just update the old stuff. I will have to mess around on that to see what is the least intrusive way. The easiest way for me is to just zip up the project folder again, but I am not sure how they works if people have some items created already in their project.

I keep a running list of things added to the engine and I dont think I mentioned any so far, so here we go.
Major addition includes
ObjectManipulation.cs script
ObjectCreation.cs script
ObjectCreationExtras.cs script

The above 3 scripts replaces the NewObjectSpawner.cs script. See this post for a bit more information.
https://www.iwannacommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=1150.msg10687#msg10687

The new scripts were used in the creation of an avoidance boss. This scene is included in the engine build (added as a scene in the engine build)
All of the "I wanna be the cat scenes" were put into a sub folder and removed from the scene engine build). So each individual scene is there, just dont expect to be able to move from scene to scene without adding them to the engine build first.
Be aware that due to the update to many scripts, there may be some disconnects or bugs in the cat scenes. I have not went through any of the scenes as of late.

Fiddled with materials and learned how to deal with them + create normal mapping. Interesting what you can do with normal mapping. This allows for sprites to have the illusion of depth via shadows. The hardest part is to find a way to create them easily. Added some temporary normal maps for certain objects to see how they work such as blocks / apple / tree / and miku.

Created full screen effects using materials and scrolling normal maps
- fire - looks like the screen is on fire with flames licking up. pretty nice looking
- fog - looks like rolling fog / smog across the screen
- water - looks like you are looking at the bottom of a riverbed with the water going over rocks. Not very awesome looking but I didnt try all that hard finding good materials, lol

Got rid of the hard coded double jump and put in a generic multijump variable. This way you can easily change the number of extra jumps the player can do.
- Added the option to change this variable through the area modifier prefab.
- Jump refreshers refresh all the extra jump.

Jump refresher updated
- Has option to add a certain number of jumps per trigger
- Has option to allow to go over jump cap from the above trigger

Added an array of saveable triggers. Is set to 10 at the moment. Used for things like secret collectables or boss tokens.
- GameCompleted script - Tells the saved file the game is completed.
- SaveATrigger script - Updates the array / value when object is triggered and saves it to the file
- CheckATrigger script - Will check if the statement is valid and will enable / disable the gameobject.

Updated the save/load screen. Moved some stuff around and updated the graphics a bit.
Added in a panel to show the 10 collectables. Shows an icon when that triggered index is triggered ingame.
Changed the game complete from a toggle button to a gameobject that is set active when the game complete trigger is activated. Added a game completed icon.

ResetManager is now the EventManager
- Added in the ability for other scripts to know when the player has died. Can be used for avoidance fights to stop them from doing their actions.
- Still has the ability for other scripts to know when to reset their values.
- Certain information is displayed in the console about attachments when events are called (just for my information). Stuff like, 7 scripts are resetting, or player died by X object and 2 scripts were told about it.

PlayerDied script is now the PlayerHPModule
- Player now has option to change its HP. Default is 1 HP and 1s damage delay. These variables are hard coded and only changeable in script.
- I can expand on this later when I feel a screen might need a HP based player (still need functions to manipulate this value).
- Added in option for hit sound effect. Is only played when player is hit and still has hp remaining (else the death sound would play).

CalculateChecks.cs. If a AoE check finds a ground object but it is not a BoxCollider2D, it will use raycasting on whatever is there to find the distance (previously had bad logic where I missed an else statement)
Went though every script to get rid of certain player references. Each object should effect the player that triggered it. Overall just a clean up of code, might help out later.
Cleanup of old engine assets. Some sprites / old AI prefabs that didnt have connections. Some old materials.
Added a few sprite sheets of fruits / flowers because they looked nice
Added duplicate sprites + their normal map, so that section is a bit of a mess.

Been a while since I have done a picture, so here are two.
All of the sprites on this screen are the default guy game sprites EXCEPT that I added a normal map to them (even the background). I made all of the normal mapping so dont expect it to be perfect.
Stuff to look for
-Shadow on the face and hands of the guy
-tree / spikes / apple gets texture from shadows
-parts of miku seem to to have some depth
The light source is on the rightish middle
(click to show/hide)

New loading screen as well. looks better than the old one
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 03:08:23 AM by RegalPrime »

radicalero

• Wannabe
  • Windows 8/Server 2012 Windows 8/Server 2012
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 37.0 Firefox 37.0
    • View Profile
Re: RegalPrime-UnityEngine v1.2 - 4-29-15 New Engine Version Download
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2015, 12:15:21 PM »
Hi! I am trying to test your RegalPrime-UnityEngine v1.2 on unity v4.5.5f1 ad the program break when open loading the project.
I tryed with unity 5.0.1f1 too and the the project open and the scene play but dont work.
Can you share your actual latest version of the proyect and say what is your unity version?
Best Regards!

RegalPrime

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 42.0.2311.152 Chrome 42.0.2311.152
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2015, 02:38:59 PM »
Guess I haven't been keeping up on the newest versions nor did I think to list what version build I was using (updated the first post with that information).
Both engine 1.1 and 1.2 were built in version 4.6.1f1. If I remember, I downloaded / updated to 4.6 when it came out and never updated it since then.

Now I see that unity 5.0 free is out (since March 3, 2015), so I need to think about updating the engine and if you had problems, it makes me wonder what will happen when I do the update. I really appreciate you letting me know. I admit I didnt know unity 5.0 was free as of yet (I haven't kept a close eye on their site in forever).

Ive been doing a rewrite of the AI and that is pretty much done (at least the major points), so I will download 5.0 and start the painful task of figuring out what is new / what might break and how to fix it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 07:03:10 PM by RegalPrime »

radicalero

• Wannabe
  • Windows 8/Server 2012 Windows 8/Server 2012
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 37.0 Firefox 37.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2015, 10:12:45 AM »
Thanks! Waiting for it =)

RegalPrime

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 42.0.2311.152 Chrome 42.0.2311.152
    • View Profile
Re: RegalPrime-UnityEngine v1.2 - 5-21-15 Unity5 Test Release
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2015, 03:01:51 AM »
I uploaded a preliminary version of the engine updated to Unity 5. Did a lot of cleaning and it's a bit smaller (89m -> 71m)
This is so I can get some feedback on if people are able to use the engine in the newest version of unity (I felt kinda bad about posting my v1.2 using the outdated engine)

I am using Unity v5.0.2f1 Personal
https://www.mediafire.com/download/ya5dq5f0qz7971f/RegalPrime+-+UnityEngine+v1.25+-+Unity5Test.zip

Cat game scenes are reattached and most everything has been tested. Some weird stuff happened when I updated to unity5 and it wouldn't surprise me if I missed a few things.

radicalero

• Wannabe
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • Safari 4.0 Safari 4.0
    • View Profile
Re: RegalPrime-UnityEngine v1.2 - 5-21-15 Unity5 Test Release
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2015, 05:00:29 AM »
I uploaded a preliminary version of the engine updated to Unity 5. Did a lot of cleaning and it's a bit smaller (89m -> 71m)
This is so I can get some feedback on if people are able to use the engine in the newest version of unity (I felt kinda bad about posting my v1.2 using the outdated engine)

I am using Unity v5.0.2f1 Personal
https://www.mediafire.com/download/ya5dq5f0qz7971f/RegalPrime+-+UnityEngine+v1.25+-+Unity5Test.zip

Cat game scenes are reattached and most everything has been tested. Some weird stuff happened when I updated to unity5 and it wouldn't surprise me if I missed a few things.

Awesome speed to do the update. I will check it today. When I test it i will say how works on me.
Thanks. Best Regards!