https://www.mediafire.com/download/cedxfg6xa14tzkc/RegalPrime+-+UnityEngine+v1.3.zipVersion 1.3 Release - Created in Unity 5.0.2f1 personal
Cat game scenes are reattached and most everything has been tested (still includes the avoidance boss as well).
I would also like to note that due to me doing some major overhauls of certain scripts, some objects may mess up / revert to default values (I noticed certain AI units did).
Some weird stuff happened when I updated to unity5 and it wouldn't surprise me if I missed a few things.
Messed with the layer naming
- Before I had a few extra layers for really specific purposes and I got rid of them
- Some renaming - Ground is now SolidObjects
The eventmanager now has events for certain key presses
- Should make it easy later if I decide to change buttons or how button presses are done.
- Q / R / F2 / shooting / Action buttons are in that manager
- Other scripts now attach to these events and call their functions that way
- Resetting the screen or going to title now use these events
-"Attach to object" script now attaches to the eventmanager to know when the action button is pressed
-"Shooting" script now attaches to the eventmanager to know when the action button is pressed
New HPmodule - update
- The main change is that is has an event that other scripts can subscribe so that they can know when hp=0
- Other general code cleaning and rewrites
New AI - Total rewrite
- Uses the HPmodule event to know when the object has 0 hp (dead)
- Has more of a parent child class system going on. Connecting a certain child class will give you their speciality actions.
- Useable child classes = GroundAI / GroundAI_Shooting / FlyingAI / FlyingAI_Shooting
- AI - Custom Editor
-- Allows the user to select which AI actions for each state in the editor.
-- The underlying script will then change that option into a delegate and populate that action
- Updated the prefabs to include all 4 types
- Would like to note that I did had some problems with unity remembering my custom editor variables. I found the problem
and fixed it. Hopefully that dosnt reappear.
- Going through the cat scenes, I noticed some of the cat units were using my new AI and thus were defaulted to really stupid actions. I fixed all that I saw, but be aware I might have missed one.
Projectile Spawner - Script rewrite
- Better coding than before
Projectile Spawner - Custom Editor
- Changing how / what spawns is a lot cleaner in the editor.
- Updated prefab to use this new version
Updated the machine controller (still a work in progress)
- Has the basics to allow manipulate other machine type gameobjects when trigggered (stop / start / reset)
Problems I had updating the engine to Unity 5.0 stuff
- Material offset script dosnt seem to work with the standard shader (the old objects still work though)
- Some offsets of ground units broke when updating (hope I got them all)
- Lighting has changes so some of the old stuff may seem a bit darker
- Some of the ingame objects in the cat game are not attaching themselves to their corresponding prefabs (they still work though)
New GameSettings.dat will set the sound and music to 5 as default instead of 10
- Sound changed and seems a lot louder if I put it fully to 2d sound