Fangames > Unfinished / Incomplete

I Wanna Restore the Balance v0.5

(1/3) > >>

klazen108:
Hey Guys,

This is my entry for YoSniper's Fangame Contest titled... I Wanna Restore the Balance

The name of the game is a double-entendre: On the one hand, your goal is to bring balance back to the world by finding the elements and restoring them to the elemental tree or whatever. But the real idea behind the game comes from my experience with the fangame community - a lot of the really nice, polished games are too hard for a beginner like me to play! I wanted to provide a good game for beginners to sink their teeth into, and this is the result of that.

My inspiration for the game is I Wanna See the Moon - an open-world, Metroidvania-esque style game. You'll visit 5 unique stages (only two in the beta :BibleThump: ). In each beautiful stage, you'll enjoy about fifteen screens of platforming, each punctuated by an epic boss! Each boss is guarding one of the elemental crystals, which will relinquish its power to you once you restore it. The power of the crystals give the kid new abilities, for instance... (click to show/hide)a dash and a triple jump! You'll be able to use these powers to progress to new areas within the game, and also come back to old stages later and explore new, secret areas!

Below are a couple of screenshots, just to pique your interest!

Swingin' like Tarzan
(click to show/hide)
What's this button do?
(click to show/hide)
If this sounds like something you're interested in, I welcome you to try it out! You can download it here: I Wanna Restore the Balance Version 0.5

Thanks for reading  :paraLamp:

tehjman1993:

--- Quote from: klazen108 on May 28, 2014, 02:32:38 AM ---

My inspiration for the game is I Wanna See the Moon - an open-world, Metroidvania-esque style game. You'll visit 5 unique stages (only two in the beta :BibleThump: ). In each beautiful stage, you'll enjoy about fifteen screens of platforming, each punctuated by an epic boss!

--- End quote ---

Sounds like something out of a commercial, lol. Great game, so far!

Karn:
This looks really nice. I'm definitely going to give this a go when I get some time.  :atkHappy:

ShutUpNerd:
(click to show/hide)after i've beaten the dash boss there seems to be an impossible jump. am i doing something wrong?

edit: yeah, i was doing it wrong

HAEGOE:
I tried it right after it's not mediafire download(stupid *1 hour long beep of censorship* ads with spywares that overrieds the adblock there)

(click to show/hide)
I'm right here now..
So far, so good. Has some tricky segments (including where I am), but graphics and such is amazing.
It looks like a forest in a fantasy world.

There was one specific spot I liked :
(click to show/hide)
A trap with a hint... exactly as I like it.

There is something I need to know : is it intentional that I fell down and was away from the screen, and I didn't die?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version