Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - JGBMaster

Pages: [1] 2
Video Discussion / Deathless FTFA run in 2:26
« on: August 04, 2016, 10:31:05 AM »

Video Discussion / ftfa in 3 deaths
« on: July 22, 2016, 12:44:54 PM »
httpss://www.twitch.tv/jgbmaster/v/79370927

Really happy with this, hope I can get deathless soon. :atkHappy:
Also, sub 3 min hype! (time is 2min 57s)

Video Discussion / yet another 7 death ftfa run
« on: June 09, 2016, 10:51:50 AM »
httpss://www.twitch.tv/jgbmaster/v/71454223
kill me

EDIT:
Turns out that it was actually a pb lol
5 seconds faster than former pb ayy

Gameplay & Discussion / Sound issue makes some fangames unplayable
« on: May 24, 2016, 06:41:03 AM »
A few weeks ago I switched from Windows 10 to Windows 7. Installed all the drivers and everything seemed to be working perfectly, but when I played some Brute or FTFA a message like this message would pop up when loading the game.

When I'm not streaming or recording I usually play with fangame sound off (so I can play other music or watch Twitch/YouTube at the same time), so I didn't care about that error as long as I could play the games. Everything seemed to be fine until I downloaded Fidelity. Whenever I jumped on that game it would lag it a lot, making it almost unplayable. Today I wanted to play Challenge 100 Trials and it was even worse.

I have to say that audio works perfectly on any other program/software other than fangames, so I don't know what could be causing this. I re-installed the audio drivers to see if that worked, but it didn't.

I'll put down here what happens on different games when this error pops up.

FTFA: Mixer track doesn't appear till I jump or shoot. Jump and death sounds work perfectly. Shooting lags it.

Brute: Mixer track won't appear. No lag but no sound.

Fidelity: Mixer track appears from the beginning. Jumping/shooting/dying stops music and lags the game. The more frequent these sounds are, the more laggy and unplayable it gets. Music restarts after pressing R but it takes more than 1 second to load (maybe it's normal).

Challenge 100 Trials: Pretty much the same as Fidelity except that it's a lot more laggy (maybe because music instantly reloads after playing the shoot/jump sound, not when restarting like with Fidelity) and that mixer track appears when first sound is played, like with FTFA.

By the way, games made with GM:S work perfectly so far (Simple Needle, JTool), they don't even give me that error message. Oh, and I'm using a thing called EqualizerAPO, but I don't think that does anything to fangames.

I hope this info can help. Thanks in advance.

JGB aka needle mater

Off Topic / i have no words
« on: May 07, 2016, 06:41:55 AM »

what the fuck
why

Gameplay & Discussion / The 16px grid align guide
« on: February 21, 2016, 10:25:49 AM »

The 16px grid align guide

Have you ever wondered how 16px grid aligns work? Well, I don’t know about you, but I have to admit I sometimes did . But if you tried and never really understood how they work (or you were just lazy to figure it out :Kappa:), don’t worry: it’s your lucky day! I will try to explain everything I've learned about them in this thread. :4Head:

Oh, I almost forgot about this. If you don’t know how 32px grid aligns work you can always check Zurai’s strat guide first! There are also some really neat tricks that will make your fangame life a lot easier! You can also check LAWatson’s align explanation if you want to know more about the logic behind them. Really interesting thread!

That being said, let’s start with the guide!

Counting aligns

16px grid aligns are repeated every 1.5 blocks. The little arrows on the images below show the direction of the kid. Make sure they are both pointing the same direction in order to get the correct align. Red walls give the same align, green ones give another one.

By the way, mixing 32px grid align counting with 16px grid align counting is really useful.

Finding aligns on the opposite direction

If you’ve learned how 32px grid aligns work first, you will probably know that finding aligns on the opposite direction is a really useful thing. And yes, it’s really useful for 16px grid aligns too. Here are 3 images that show how to do it (they’re actually the same thing but built in different ways :Kappa:).

Now that you’ve learned how to count them and how to find them on the opposite direction, you should be able to find any 16px grid align you want!

Examples

But wait, don’t leave yet! :BibleThump:
The guide almost finished! Before you leave, let me just show you some examples that you might find helpful. :OneHand:
The red walls give the best align, the green ones give the "ok" or "good" align (doesn't really matter which one of these you choose, most of the time they both work except for the walkoffs shown below) and the crossed wall gives the impossible align.

-   Last pixel align (ledge) / walkoff align:

-   Some corners:

End of the guide

So yeah, this is the end of the guide. I hope you now understand how 16px aligns work! :4Head:

Thanks for reading (if you did :Kappa: ) and have a nice day! See you on the forums or Twitch! :atkHappy:

JGB aka needle mater

Video Discussion / 0px jump
« on: January 21, 2016, 04:14:28 AM »

If you're wondering what's Watson talking about, you are in the correct topic. :4Head:

A few days ago, Watson and I found a way to do a 0px jump on a difficulty screen from a game made with Lemon Engine (haven't tested if this also works on other engines, though) and I thought it'd be interesting to share it.

Here's the video:

I'll just copy the description of the video because I'm lazy to type it again. :Kappa:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Explanation:

We both think that when you "die" on difficulty selection screens you carry your momentum like in Kamilia 2 (what makes saveboosting a thing).

The numbers mean the jump height in pixels (0.40 when spawning because on encripted savefiles The Kid's position is loaded without decimals and the gravity pulls him to y.40 on 1st frame when he spawns on the floor). Spike color changes when the player hits a spike (so we could tell if we were actually doing a 0px jump instead of respawning twice or more).
Thanks to Watson for making these 2 objects.

At first we thought The Kid was just spawning again and again (when you press R you're actually falling on 1st frame because the thing about encripted savefiles I explained before), but we noticed that The Kid's sprite on first frame wasn't the one when he's falling, it was the one when he's jumping, so he was actually jumping. Then we also noticed that the jump height was higher than 0.40 so we concluded that The Kid was actually doing a 0px jump.

Thanks for watching and reading this! (if you did :Kappa:)

Video Discussion / I Wanna fly the Far Away in 7 deaths
« on: January 17, 2016, 02:36:11 PM »
https://www.twitch.tv/jgbmaster/v/37755916

I think I'm done with this game. Slightly improvable screen 1, really good screens 2 and 3 and perfect screen 4 (deathless).

I would've never thought I could ever get to this point. So glad I didn't choke. Thanks to those who believed in me and encouraged me.

Video Discussion / I Wanna fly the Far Away in 665 deaths
« on: November 29, 2015, 07:02:45 AM »
I'm lazy to write it again here, read it on the description :Kappa:

https://www.twitch.tv/jgbmaster/c/7039086

Video Discussion / Which type are you?
« on: November 28, 2015, 05:54:11 PM »
Hey, it's JGB o/

Today I was kinda bored and had the idea of making this video. Since people seemed to like it I decided to post it here and I'm actually planning on doing more. It'd be neat if you guys suggested new jumps that you want me to play around with for the next episodes or new interesting ways of doing a jump (credit will be given on the video).

Enjoy and thanks for watching!

Yesterday I finally finished Banana Pudding's Extra stage, so I decided to edit and upload all the footage taken from that game.

Thanks everyone for supporting my stream and cheering me up when I was about to quit at some parts :)
Hardest game I've ever cleared.

Hope you can enjoy it even if you watch it at 2x speed or with some skips. :Kappa:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deathcount & time: https://i.prntscr.com/22c478f47643476fbfd9db210f6ee4dc.png

Separate stages playlist: youtube.com /playlist?list=PLZB9RmScHlk5VrhX06eR_xks6Sf4KWGPU

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full playthrough + Extra stage video:

Thanks for watching!

Video Discussion / swag strats
« on: August 30, 2015, 07:31:50 AM »
Feel free to post swag strats from any game :^)

https://www.twitch.tv/jgbmaster/v/13560373

Video Discussion / I Wanna be the Wischtech (deathless) in 0:49
« on: July 20, 2015, 07:15:04 AM »
I'm now definitely done with this game. Deaths: 0 (obviously, duh)
dat super F tho

Video Discussion / Wischtech fail compilation
« on: July 14, 2015, 06:49:02 AM »
I made this thread so you guys can see that Wischtech is not an easy game to run. I will update it every time I have a new fail.

Help, Suggestions & Feedback / Please help PipeTonio!
« on: July 09, 2015, 02:48:59 PM »
Hey, it's JGB and today I'd like to ask you for help.

PipeTonio is a really good IWBTG fangame player who used to stream on Twitch and he's in The Wannabes. He's on M-Stage in K3 and he's really good at fangames overall. The problem is that he can't stream anymore because since Twitch made us change our passwords he couldn't do it because his email is broken and he can't change his password, so he can't log in on Twitch.

He has been really busy with school and other stuff and now he really wants to start streaming again, mainly to beat K3 and other hard games. He has tried contacting with Twitch many times but they didn't respond. I know some of you guys are friends with people who work as programmers for Twitch and people who are from the Twitch Staff group, so I wanna ask you if you could contact any of them to see if there's a way to recover Pipe's account. I know what I'm asking is kinda out of the ordinary but please help him D:

Don't do it just for Pipe, do it for The Wannabes! He's a really good player and he doesn't deserve this.
And there are also people who really miss him :BibleThump:

I believe there's a way to make Pipe stream again so please send an email to Pipe if you guys find a way to recover his account. His email is felipetonio88@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Pages: [1] 2