Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Habluka

Pages: [1] 2
Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Favorite Fangames of 2016?
« on: January 02, 2017, 03:34:30 AM »

I wanna be Abducted - One of the best atmospheric needle games I've played.  I had issues with a couple technical things, but they were patched, so I can't find much I don't like about it.
I wanna be the Scribble - I normally hate bosses and gimmicky fangames, but this ended up being a big exception.
I wanna 雫 - I might be a little biased, but this is the game that made me really like water needle.  Also, it kind of felt like it was designed specifically to be something I'd have fun playing.
I wanna be the Oceanus - Some of the saves were really dumb so I'm not sure if I'd say it's actually good, but I'm still impressed with how motivated I felt to grind through it.
I wanna NewGame - Exactly as cute and easy as I like my pattern avoidances.

Others:
I wanna Chaton - good platforming, bad boss
I wanna be the Marionette - fun platforming, bad visuals
I wanna leave the Cube - neat idea, very rough around the edges
Needle - shameless plug

Video Discussion / Re: Unpatched Marchen platforming
« on: October 16, 2016, 03:30:54 PM »
I think Ataosama cleared the unpatched version as well, so congrats to you both! There's probably still more. Have fun with the boss.

The boss isn't any different from the version I cleared a while back, so I probably won't upload a video of it unless I actually finish a run of the patched version.

Video Discussion / Unpatched Marchen platforming
« on: October 14, 2016, 09:32:50 PM »
I'm not sure how many people played through the platforming in this version, but I had a lot of fun with it.

Wait, calculus? when do you use calculus?

When deciding on what to make the individual constants to synchronize certain kinds of attacks and patterns with audio cues or planning out how to make certain objects move in certain ways.  It's very basic and not exactly necessary, but it helps get rid of a lot of trial and error.

It really depends on what you're trying to do, but knowledge of basic trig is useful in making cute shapes and patterns.  Also, basic knowledge of calculus is helpful when it comes to tweaking values to be synchronized with the music.

Fancier stuff will require more advanced math and more involvement though.

Programming Questions / Re: 2 Questions
« on: August 14, 2016, 09:00:13 AM »
To fix the jump bug, just go into the player object's step event and remove this "else".

Does anybody know what song is used in the last phase of Last TIS? Would be appreciated

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Your worst fail in a fangame
« on: June 26, 2016, 06:59:46 AM »
I'm not sure why I thought I saved.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Post the fangame you just beat!
« on: June 22, 2016, 10:09:50 PM »
This was a lot of fun.

The needle making event is going to start pretty much 10 minutes before I'd need to leave, so I won't be able to participate.

Making noodle sounds fun.

Tools & Software / Re: Jtool - a new RMJ-type thing
« on: May 02, 2016, 08:48:32 AM »
Not sure if you're interested in making any more updates, but having a feature that traces the kid's movement would come in handy with designing needle or trying to see how vstring depending certain jumps might be.  It would be really easy to implement and it would fit into the current interface pretty well.

Engines / Re: I Wanna Be The Studio Engine YoYoYo Edition
« on: April 24, 2016, 12:25:30 AM »
So, where are the ladders?

Programming Questions / Re: Yuutu engine weird bug
« on: February 23, 2016, 04:08:44 PM »
Yuuutu added an else in part of the player's step event where it shouldn't belong in a recentish update.  Just take it out and it should work.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Official Fangame Soundtracks Request Thread
« on: February 12, 2016, 02:56:50 PM »
I wanted to know what's the name of the song in I wanna be the Kaleidoscope Avoindance's.

Pages: [1] 2