Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - xElectricZz

Pages: [1]
Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Kamilia 3 v1.30
« on: August 17, 2017, 02:44:54 PM »
Hey guys, can anyone give me a download link for the 1.30 version of I wanna kill the Kamilia 3, please? The only download link I found for this  ver. is dead. Would very, very much appreciate it.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/kagqg8arbv73ckc/v1.30+-+Copy.zip

I can't even say how thankful I am. I've been looking for ages. You're an absolute lifesaver,  God bless you, friend, thank you so much!

np. for future reference to anyone who sees this thread and may want a specific version, contact me on discord or twitch, I have 0.995, 1.25, 1.30, 1.4(6-7-8) and 1.50.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Kamilia 3 v1.30
« on: August 11, 2017, 06:02:13 PM »
Hey guys, can anyone give me a download link for the 1.30 version of I wanna kill the Kamilia 3, please? The only download link I found for this  ver. is dead. Would very, very much appreciate it.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/kagqg8arbv73ckc/v1.30+-+Copy.zip

Tournaments / Re: Fangame Marathon 2017 Date Discussion
« on: March 01, 2017, 10:41:23 PM »
Sounds good to me fam

Tournaments / Re: Kid of the Hill - A new type of speedrun event!
« on: August 24, 2016, 11:39:23 PM »
I think 3 challengers would be nicer instead of 1, I feel like it would give more incentive to practice during the week because you have a higher chance of it paying off. It really depends on the amount of people participating though, imo. Maybe the number of challengers could fluctuate depending on the number of participants? like, 1-4 participants being a single challenger, 5-8 being 2, 9-12 being 3, as an example. This seems like a cool idea overall, I'll definitely try it out at some point whenever I have enough time.

Tournaments / Re: Fangame Marathon 2016 Dates/Scheduling
« on: April 05, 2016, 01:34:55 AM »
I'll be graduating on the 3rd so it'd be great if the marathon was a week later

Is anyone opposed to moving it to Jun 10-12?

Still good.  :denKamilia_v2:

Tournaments / Re: Fangame Marathon 2016 Dates/Scheduling
« on: April 03, 2016, 05:38:29 PM »
Oh boy, it's that time of year again!

Fangame Marathon 2016 is a go in the near-future! First things first, a date must be decided before really anything else is accomplished.

The tentative date set for FGM 2016 will be June 3rd - 5th, starting at (most likely) 12:00 PM EST.

We would like to know if this date that is currently set works for a majority of potential runners. Please let us know if this date works for you, or if you absolutely cannot do any of the 3 dates listed, along with a suggestion of when you would want it. Note that this thread is NOT for game suggestions, events, or other marathon-related activities. This thread is purely for date discussion only. Another thread will be posted soon regarding official time, events, schedule, and more (megathread).

As June 3rd is my birthday (and the times do work out ye :Kappa: ), I have absolutely no objections to this date. :denKamilia_v2:

Unfinished / Incomplete / Re: I wanna Explore Space (Testers Wanted)
« on: January 24, 2016, 04:54:26 PM »
Gonna be honest with you, with these tiles and this music, I feel as if I had just gotten brain cancer. Idk about anyone else, but I can't stand it. I just couldn't keep playing after a few screens of this, and if this was the first screen in the game, it would've ended up in my recycle bin within seconds. (only this stage btw)
https://i.imgur.com/OJNOW0D.png
Other than that so far, for a first fangame, this seems okay. The music is decent, but the platforming and graphics are nothing special, that's about all I can really think of to say with that. The first avoidance is very, well, weird. It's not really bad or good it's just odd to me, especially that last attack before the water. Don't let this discourage you though, Most first fangames are below average, keep game making and I'm sure you'll get a lot better over time.

Computer Café / Re: Livestream Broadcaster
« on: January 16, 2016, 09:56:37 PM »
According to the OBS website, httpss://obsproject.com/, Vista is supported with Service Pack 2 and over, although I'm gonna assume you've tried that or don't have SP2 because that would be the first thing I'd try and direct people to.

XSplit is compatible with Visa, and Windows XP SP3 on top of that. So, if OBS doesn't work, I'd go there, although I'd highly recommend trying to get OBS working. httpss://www.xsplit.com/download

Programming Questions / Re: Back to hub key?
« on: January 12, 2016, 04:19:16 PM »
Here: https://pastebin.com/K3ypy0xF

I hope that works for you.

User-Made Creations / I Wanna Elecspike
« on: December 13, 2015, 06:38:23 AM »

This is a fangame I've been working on for a few months now, and I've finally completed it and think it's time for release.

This consists of 4 platforming stages, increasing in difficulty, and an almost 3 minute barrage boss at the end of it all. This is NOT recommended for beginner fangame players.

If you find any bugs or you just wanna let me know about something, you can contact me the following ways:
Twitch: xelectriczzgaming
Twitter: xElectricZz

Anyway, here's the download link to version 1.0: https://www.mediafire.com/download/q35v9q6n4wcjgzi/I+Wanna+Elecspike+v1.0.zip

I hope you enjoy it!

Maker: xElectricZz (me)
Engine: I wanna be the Studio Engine YoYoYo Edition v1.11
Testers: Tehjman1993, Stinkycheeseone890, Ipecacman, YoYoYoDude1

The Lounge / Re: (Fan)Game of the Year Award???
« on: November 19, 2015, 05:32:49 AM »
Just a random idea, sorry if this was discussed before or maybe is a thing already lol. Maybe you guys could host a community voting or something like that. Winners could get some kind of virtual prizes, special mentions on www.delicious-fruit.com/ or something like that?

Discuss.

kamilia 3 tbh imo fam  :PMSTwin:

Programming Questions / Re: Non-Restarting music only working on one song?
« on: February 11, 2014, 02:59:21 PM »
.ogg files are probably the best for music in fangames, it has a very good compression but still good audio quality. Also the audio bitrate shouldn't go over 128kb/s as you shouldn't notice a difference anyways to higher bitrates, this saves space and probably better loading times and no lag on restarts.

to compare: a 3 minute song in good mp3 quality is about 4-6mb. A 3 minute song in good ogg quality is about 1,5-2,5mb.

Thanks for the help, After trying to compress it didn't work since its size was still too big, and trying to convert it into an ogg didn't work since it wouldn't play in game maker; i got an idea to convert it like this: 211kbit MP3 (Original File) - 96kbit OGG (From Earlier) - 96kbit MP3 using media.io. It managed to drop to 2.2 or so MB on the OGG, and the exact same size for the MP3 somehow. it works perfectly now.

Programming Questions / Re: Non-Restarting music only working on one song?
« on: February 08, 2014, 06:36:28 PM »
The song i'm using is a 6.17MB mp3 file.

The code i'm using is this. I ctrl + right click the playMusic object in a room, and click Creation Code. There, i paste the code i put into the OP. I believe it is a variable of any sounds in the music folder. The name of both show in yellow so i know i got the names correct of what i named them in game maker. If it matters, under the music folder put there for me in yuuutu edition, i made a new folder under that folder entitled "Area 1" to organize my music, and put it in there.

This is the song that won't work for me, and restarts every time.
Code: [Select]
if !sound_isplaying(buttdawgfunk) { sound_loop(buttdawgfunk); }
This is the song that came with Yuuutu edition, guy rock.
if !sound_isplaying(track01) { sound_loop(track01); }
If it helps, this is where i got the song. https://chiptuneswin.com/track/buttdawg-funk

Programming Questions / Non-Restarting music only working on one song?
« on: February 08, 2014, 04:38:30 PM »
the engine I'm using is Yutuuu Edition.

While trying to make my fangame music not restart, i looked around this forum and found some code Seph posted under an older thread, along with instructions to delete a few things in a few objects..

if !sound_isplaying(song) { sound_loop(song); }
When i deleted the things, and used this under the creation code of the playMusic object for the default track01, (guy rock), it worked. I pressed R, the music didn't restart. I died, it didn't restart. i switched rooms, it didn't restart.

But, after that testing, i added in some music i found so i didn't have to use guy rock on some rooms. Once i added it, and tried it on a a few rooms, it didn't work. The strange thing is, the rooms with guy rock worked perfectly. The room restarted quickly, and the music didn't ever restart. In the rooms with my music, the room took about a full second to load every time i hit R, and the music restarted. while it was loading, it looked like it was trying to resize itself a bit. before posting this i messed around in game maker for about 60 or so minutes on and off trying to fix it. does anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Pages: [1]