Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Artardss

Pages: [1] 2
Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Most fangames don't start.
« on: April 15, 2017, 06:38:29 AM »
Then I don't really know what's causing it. Hopefully someone else can help you out.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Most fangames don't start.
« on: April 15, 2017, 06:05:03 AM »
It's as simple as I said in the title. About 60% of fangames fail to start. Affected games include the entire Kamilia series, I wanna Kill the Guy, I wanna find my destiny, and more. When starting certain games (including the Kamilia games), I receive the entirely unhelpful error message "Unexpected error occurred when running the game." and the game exits. With others (such as I wanna find my destiny), the game simply sits at a black screen while the music plays and slowly allocates more RAM while not responding. With the other 40% of games (including the original I wanna be the guy, I wanna be the Boshy, and I wanna sunspike), the games start up and behave exactly as expected.

I'm currently running Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit. With no useful error messages of any kind and standard methods of fixing similar errors (compatibility mode, administrator mode, etc.) not working, I'm not sure what the issue is or where to even begin on finding a solution. Any assistance is appreciated, and any necessary information for fixing the issue can be provided.

There is a chance that there is other software conflicting with those games. You could try to switch to a different (new) user account on your pc, or start windows in safe mode. If those games work after that then you'll have to check yourself what software (or maybe windows setting) is the culprit. I also assume your pc has enough RAM?

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: NANG running really slowed down
« on: February 01, 2017, 12:56:43 PM »
I mean thats just it really. Dont know why but it runs at a really slowed down pace. First IWBTG game ive tried other than the original so i dont know if its just this one. All I did was open the game in the winrar folder so i dont know if I need to do something else first before playing.

I don't know if it will fix your initial problem, but you should unzip the winrar folder. If you keep the game in the winrar folder you can't save the game, and other issues may arise as well. If that doesn't fix your problem you could try to do the stuff in this message: https://iwannacommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=2308.msg17444#msg17444

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Serious fangame making questions
« on: November 26, 2016, 12:36:21 PM »
  • How much appreciation and support (if any) do fangame creators deserve, and are they currently getting enough?

As others have said you're not entitled to anything. I think if you enjoy making the game then you shouldn't need appreciation in the first place, even though it's very nice to get and will be a motivation to work on other games for some creators.

• Is it okay to heavily criticize people’s fangames that they made on their own time for everyone to enjoy?

Long story short:
Depends what falls under critique in my opinion. If you have critique that people can use for later projects/updates then go nuts. If you're just gonna drop a "the design in this game is bad/good" then keep it to yourself, it's not useful to anybody. People should also keep it civilized, critique is usually fine as long as you don't make it personal.

• How much patience and forgiveness (if any) should fangame streamers and players be expected to have?

None, that being said I think some people would be better off quiting a fangame earlier if they don't like it for the most part. I personally don't understand why somebody would force him/herself to beat a fangame if they dislike the experience as a whole. I feel like a lot of salt and attacks on certain games get caused because of this. 

• What is the right balance of encouraging quality fangames while not scaring off potentially good creators?

I think as long as the feedback is constructive "good creators" will not be scared off by critique/feedback. Just keep it nice.

• To what extent can you be proud of a fangame that heavily uses other people’s content? (spook jam, medleys, and in general using music+sprites+sounds made by others)

I would not by proud myself if all I did was copy some rooms and put them in a medley without adding something significant myself. That being said I would not be bothered if someone else would be proud, more power to him/her.
With collabs you can always be proud as a team or proud of the things you contributed to the game.

• Is it okay to use the self-made assets of other people’s fangames?

Nobody can force you not to, but asking would be nice. If they say no you could always consider using something else, there are plenty of assets out there for you to use without making people upset.

• To what extent (if any) are quality fangames not getting attention they deserve?

Quality is too subjective to me, hard to say. I think everybody has games in mind that they think are good and are not getting the attention they wished they would get. I don't think it's a major problem.

• To what extent (if any) are fangame creators limiting their creative growth as opposed to making freeware games for a bigger, more general audience?

Probably to some extent, but I don't really think it matters that much if that's what they like doing right now. It's all about having fun. What drew me into fangames was the amount of absurdity in the first place, which would probably not be well suited for a more general audience anyway. I think there is a lot of creative stuff you can pull off in this community that you wouldn't be able to do in others.

Announcements / Re: The Wannabes auto hosting discussion
« on: September 28, 2016, 11:11:35 AM »
There's been some rumor and speculation flying around, so I'd like clarification on a couple of points:

1) Does the Twitch Auto-Host override a manual host you perform? If you are hosting a non-wannabe, in my mind it is not ok for the auto-host bot to decide when that host period ends. The only time it should be allowed to switch your host is when you are offline, and you have not chosen to host anyone, as that is literally dead time.

2) Can people be added to auto-host lists that are not on the team? If someone decides that sometimes they want to auto-host their friend who is not on the wannabes, should that be allowed?

As for 1:
"When auto hosting is enabled, the system will select a channel to host whenever your channel is offline or whenever your channel is not actively hosting another user. Auto Hosting will never interfere with your live channel or active host. It will only take effect once your channel is offline. Auto hosting will wait for three minutes of inactivity before hosting a channel. So choosing someone to host is still ideal when going offline. This delay is because we do not want broadcasters to be surprised by unintended hosting if they are broadcasting but are having technical difficulties. Auto hosting will also immediately un-host when your channel goes live."

So no, it does not disrupt a manual host. It does however start autohosting 3 minutes after going offline.

Regarding 2:
You can add other streams to your list of auto host channels. From what I can tell it will always prioritize people on your twitchteam over the other channels.

If you scroll down in this article you can read about the autohosting.
httpss://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/2508329

Tournaments / Re: Kid of the Hill - A new type of speedrun event!
« on: August 24, 2016, 03:26:54 PM »
What would you think of letting all people participate for the "hill-spot" in the weekly race? Instead a 1v1 race. And the week before is solely used for practice and submissions on the leadboards?

This is definitely an option, but then the question becomes who do we stream? Of course we could stream the current King, but who else would we feature? Or would we keep the same layout, but allow anyone who wins the race to become King?

You could maybe display the king and the 3 fastest people on the leaderboards. This way you increase the chance of showing the winner on stream. I also think it's more enjoyable to watch 4 people race at once instead of 2.

I definitely like the idea of this though.

I can`t find the song from android game "I wanna be the phoenix" during the cherry avoidance segment.
Sorry for the sound quality of the video, couldn't find a better one httpss://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh6i-aqxmvg

I can't seem to find a 4 minute version of the song, but maybe this 1:42 version will do:

Game Design / Re: Is this camera too crazy?
« on: June 17, 2016, 06:14:51 AM »
I personally feel like it stops too abruptly when moving from left/right or right/left. Maybe if it slows down towards the end it would feel better to me, kinda hard to tell. The other problem that I have is that the camera is "too high". When you do 1 full jump you can't see the ground anymore.  That might not be a problem depending on the level design, but right now it makes everything feel like a blind drop. Other than that I think this could work.

PS: I've never seen/played Vectorman, so I can't really comment on the accuracy in that regard.

Is there a full version of the song from I wanna 打打打打打打打打打打? Link to video.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: How to change bind to jump,shoot etc.
« on: June 08, 2016, 07:59:43 AM »
I beginner and play just co-op and boshy and games have settings. But in some game what i download be non-setting to shoot,jump etc. i can't play with jump on shift :C

I recommend doing what they suggested in this thread:
https://iwannacommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=2241

Meet and Greet! / Re: How did i even get here?
« on: May 12, 2016, 10:07:44 AM »
That's pretty much the exact same way I ended up in this community  :atkWut:

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Introducing Delicious-Fruit.com!
« on: May 02, 2016, 11:42:00 AM »
In fact, if you know anyone that is willing to provide support on the site for more languages, please let us know! We talked to a lot of people that unfortunately were not interested in helping translate the site. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Could you explain a bit what translating the site entails? Are you only looking for certain languages or is anything fine? What exactly needs translating (for example: news articles everytime they come out as well?)?
Also how do you do the translations; do you get a textfile with the stuff you need to translate or do you have something different in mind?

Maybe some people are more willing to help if they know what to expect.

Just played I Wanna PoPoPo in fangame bingo, and I fell in love with the avoidance song  :atkHappy:

Anybody know what it is? Can't find it anywhere. Thanks!

I don't think the song is on youtube, at least I can't find it.
It's on nico though: https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4316766
The song name is: **ぽ

I dont expect anyone to know this. The music that starts playing on death in I wanna celebrate 100, on the bossfight vs. the coke and the Japanese soda. It is some kind of upbeat jazz music?

Blarsa - Garden Party

Pages: [1] 2