Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Stepcore

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What fangames would you recommend to play?
« on: September 20, 2016, 03:57:49 PM »
These 4 are good.

I Wanna Find my destiny
I Wanna Be The Justice
I Wanna Deliver a Letter
I Wanna Be The Diverse

If Razer actually replies to me and sends me either a new keyboard or replacement parts, then Ill submit some runs but until then I cant play anything fangame related

I have kinda the same problem also my internet. I would love to run or help out but currently my keyboard is borken and my internet is shit :/

Tournaments / Re: Fangame Marathon 2016 Dates/Scheduling
« on: April 04, 2016, 04:03:07 PM »
3rd or a week later both good.

Oh this looks nice

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: I wanna be the Aozi
« on: November 23, 2015, 06:45:06 PM »
Yeah, it's just a high jump. Use your doublejump at the apex of your first one and then spam jump when your hair touches the water.

Programming Questions / Re: Executing a Code after the Music Stops
« on: November 21, 2015, 01:53:42 PM »
If you don't want it to pick the same song again and again, I would recommend storing all the songs in a data structure and then replacing them with a sound or song you wont play or something when you play them like this:
Code: [Select]
songs[0]=paul_chuck;
songs[1]=lucky_star;
songs[n]=n;
This should only be defined once, because this is where you make the list of all the songs you will be using. You can also use ds_list instead if you want more flexibility.

Then when you want to pick a song from the list and make sure it will only be played once, you can do something like this:
pickedSong=sound_neverPlay
dice=0
while(pickedSong==sound_neverPlay){
 dice=round(random(6))
 if(songs[dice]!=sound_neverPlay) pickedSong=songs[dice];
}
audio_playmusic(pickedSong)
songs[dice]=sound_neverPlay;

This way the variable pickedSong will always be the song that is being played. So you can check for when the song is finished by doing this:
if (!audio_is_playing(pickedSong)){
        //reroll the song here
}

Of course depending on how your objects and stuff are structured, you might need to make some of them global.
This is how I would do it though. Hopefully I didn't screw it up in the code here.

Programming Questions / Re: Objects pulsing/animating to music?
« on: November 17, 2015, 08:07:36 AM »
Sure it is, Fun Jumps 2 does it.
You need an object that counts up by 1 for every beat so you need to find the bpm and then find the amount of frames per beat as lawatson said. Of course, this object should be persistent.
framesPerBeat = (framerate*60)/(BPM)or
framesPerBeat = framerate/(/BPM/60)I think.

I would recommend instead of setting it back to 0, just having it count up and use MOD to find the beat to move on. Then you can find any specific beat in the song and do stuff there. You should probably reset it to 0 when the song loops though.
With this method if you need every beat just MOD 1, every other beat MOD 2 and so on, like this:

if (beat mod 2 == 0) pulse=true;Of course only check this once per beat, not once per frame.
if (beat!=previousbeat && beat mod 2 == 0){
pulse=true;
previousbeat=beat;
}

This will desync if you use show_message or in any way pause the game, change the music etc without regard for the beat timer. So remember to keep track of this.

There is probably a better way but I think this is more or less how I did it.

Game Design / Re: Boss Rush
« on: September 09, 2015, 07:44:13 AM »
Personally I feel like boss rushes should be an after-game bonus like it generally is in other games (non-fangames). I would rather have the boss, that would have been a boss rush, just be more phases with checkpoints in between.

Engines / Re: I Wanna Be the Engine KS Edition (For GMStudio)
« on: August 05, 2015, 03:22:41 AM »
I don't know if this has already been addressed, but...
I found something wrong with saving.
If you save on the floor, you get stuck in it and can't move left or right until you jump.

Most likely this same issue as that was one of the problems I experienced when I had the beta update:
Warning note: to anyone experiencing Stepcore's issues of aligns not working, check your Gamemaker Studio version (it's in the title bar). If you're on 1.4.1598, downgrade to 1.4.1567. 1598 is a beta version, and therefore not guaranteed to be stable. I have submitted a bug report to yoyogames regarding the issue, and hope to see it fixed before the changes in 1598 are rolled into the stable branch.

You will probably need to uninstall gamemaker, then install this version. Make sure you pick that you want to recieve updates from the stable channel - right click the GMS icon in your system tray, and choose "Stable Update Channel":

Programming Questions / Re: Help with a boss attack
« on: July 24, 2015, 09:06:46 AM »
If you're using Game Maker Studio it makes backups in My Documents\GameMaker\Backups per default afaik.

Video Discussion / Re: I Wanna be the Wischtech (deathless) in 0:49
« on: July 20, 2015, 11:27:28 AM »
wow

Tournaments / Re: WFC: Week 32 13.07.2015 - 19.07.2015 [END]
« on: July 17, 2015, 04:38:56 PM »
Thanks so much for doing this fangame challenge Pandy. It's been so awesome always knowing what to play. <3

Wednesday:
(click to show/hide)

Biotope:
(click to show/hide)

« on: July 14, 2015, 02:02:18 PM »
Yeah that one works, but I'm still getting the no aligns and spikes through blocks thing :<

Oh room start is pretty smart. I thought that was run as the first thing when loading a new room.

Also small thing, if you're standing a specific distance away from the save, the shot goes through.
(click to show/hide)

« on: July 14, 2015, 11:23:44 AM »
I get this when I press new game in v0.9
(click to show/hide)
Also I just did a fresh download of v0.8 from here https://klazen.com/IWBTG/archive/IWBT%20Engine%20KS%20Edition%20v0.8.zip and I still get the same issue as described above :< Still no walkoff aligns, hitting spikes through blocks and 2block no work.
Version 1.4.1598 of GM:S

Thanks, I put that above my code (line1) but I'm still getting an issue
For some reason the game is still ignoring the Creation Code and now believes that the variable is 1 although here I specified that it was 2
This worked fine in 8.0, o could it be a problem with studio?
Welp. Looks like they swapped that around for GM:S, my bad.
https://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=627879
Seems like the way to get around it is to run it after the create event. So you can do an alarm[0]=1 and run it there. Or you can run an event_user(0) in the creation code. Or use a bool and do a begin step that checks and sets it to false (probably not so good).
Otherwise I don't know :S

« on: July 14, 2015, 07:13:39 AM »
Think you need to create the variable before Game Maker can compare it.
Like number=1 or something in the create event.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6