Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Onynekyu

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Announcements / Re: Team overhaul
« on: February 10, 2017, 05:53:28 AM »
What do you think about creating "FangameEvents" channel ? We could leave special marathon uniqueness on marathon channel while having lot of side activities on Events Channel.

Announcements / Re: Team overhaul
« on: February 08, 2017, 05:09:07 AM »
Since this community is supportive and welcoming, i don't feel the need to be a member team nor octrasized. That's why i feel good and like this community

I always feel that Wannabes team helps new comers to discover fangames world and community ("non-longtime-fangame-community-members" as patrick said ^^), like a showcase of fangames community and a first-step ladder. 
It was my case last year when i discover fangames while having no clues of what it is. I wander on twitch team, discover popular fangamers, then i follow "I wanna be the guy" game and discover/meet other awesome people. Now, i care less attention about wannabes team, but more about fangames community overall.

So I agree to put entertainment ahead of skills for the team. Also, having 10-15 members seems reasonable to me.

Meet and Greet! / Re: o/ sup
« on: January 14, 2017, 06:24:27 PM »
Welcome !  :atkHappy:

Meet and Greet! / Re: New boshy runner arround there!
« on: January 14, 2017, 06:23:31 PM »
Hey and good luck ! Whatever happen, don't give up  :atkHappy:

aww, sorry for you  :atkCry:

Maybe you can move your savefiles from :
v0.992 => v0.995 => v1.30 => v1.46 (or above)

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: November 23, 2016, 05:30:58 PM »
YESSSS !!! I beat Crimson !!! I'm so happy !!! Now, 3 bosses left

https://imgur.com/a/N74ZE

PS : I don't why, but i can't insert an image with [.img][./img]. It shows a broken image. Someone has any clues ?
You have to right click the image and open it in a new tab, then insert the link of the new tab between the img commands.

It works ! Thanks you so much !

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: November 22, 2016, 09:19:55 AM »
YESSSS !!! I beat Crimson !!! I'm so happy !!! Now, 3 bosses left

PS : I don't why, but i can't insert an image with [.img][./img]. It shows a broken image. Someone has any clues ?

Tournaments / Re: The K2 Savage Mountain Challenge
« on: November 18, 2016, 12:00:06 PM »
Currently, I'm still doing K2 Savage Mountain Challenge, and i'm surprised (and sad too) to see game link for Heaven trap 1 and 2 are not anymore available on delicious-fruit  :atkCry:. Both of them should be now considered as private games ?

Edit :
Also, i manage somehow to get a copy of heaven trap 2, but i can't find the first one. If by any chance, someone can send me via pm a download link or copy, i would greatly appreciate it ! Thanks you in advance.

Thanks to the kind one for giving me Heaven Trap 1  :atkHappy:

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Looking for help with a specific jump
« on: November 18, 2016, 11:46:30 AM »
I forgot to add, the first jump is a jump cancel. And you are welcome :)

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Looking for help with a specific jump
« on: November 18, 2016, 11:30:42 AM »
I don't know if jump cancel is a must, but it sure HELPS A LOT !

align doesn't affect your jump from my tests. Here is a setup/tip :

1. Place the kid around here (see picture)
https://imgur.com/a/v9WDt
2. Jump can to bonk yourself
3. Then mini-jump out.

Both jumps have the same setup. Good luck ! :atkHappy:

PS : it may exist other ways to do these jumps, but this is the one I used.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Who else hates grappling vines?
« on: October 28, 2016, 07:57:46 PM »
Before, I dislike them too because i was bad and don't understand how it works.
But thanks to "I wanna be the Vine Tutorial", I understand how exactly they works.
Then when i really was motivated, crimson needle 2 helps me to get better at Vines (Floor 11 - 16 - 18).
Now, i find them fun  :atkHappy:

Announcements / Re: The Wannabes auto hosting discussion
« on: September 28, 2016, 11:57:01 PM »
I have a suggestion, since the team tends for improvements, the idea of using a discord server came in my mind. It is not a VIP discord server, but more like an organisation discord server. (Like fangame marathon discord server).

Let me explain, when i read opinions about "Removal of inactive members" part, it seems to be fair to deal with them case by case. Then you agree to accept them whenever they are active again. And by doing so, the team is looking for more interactivities, more reactivities, short time responses (this is what it looks like for me). That's why i suggest discord, since it is a powerful tool (and friendly user) which provides you these features, plus it gives you more visibility (who are the moderators), and pinged private messages (unlike twitch).

Let me illustrate this:

• For team members
They can informe the team and moderators about their stream. For example : "Sorry, i won't stream for X amount of time because [reasons], but i will be back". Or "@moderator, can you remove me from the stream ? Because [reason]". Plus, if an inactive member is on the discord server, his re-application is easier.

• For team moderators
It is easier for them to contact and send messages or warnings to members via pm, and by doing this, this is more professionally made. It could prevent some problems like Wolsk's. For example (via pm): "Hello, we haven't see you streaming for a while, do you plan to stream again ?". Or "Be careful, we notice you are not streaming a lot of fangames on your stream. Dont forget the team mainly provides fangames stream"

If you like this idea, it could become a requirement (just giving some ideas here):
- Must be on team discord server
- Must use discord

Hoping it will help you  :atkHappy:

Announcements / Re: The Wannabes auto hosting discussion
« on: September 28, 2016, 12:25:05 PM »
I like the idea of strengthen Wannabes team and help further support the smaller streamers. So i'm totally behind you guys !  :atkHappy:

I have no opinion about "no alert notification", but i would like to share my experience about streaming in both langage (although i'm not a member of the team) as streamer and as viewer.

As streamer, i try as much as possible to speak in english because i do not want to ostracize english speakers, but sometime when there are no english-speakers, i speak in french (depending on my chat activities). The good point about that, that i can reach some people that english stream cannot.
Just an example, when i participate at some races from "Get Yourself Fangaming", some french persons seem interested and ask questions about these races (i managed to bring some persons to participate into some of these races ^^)

As a viewer, sometime i like watching german streams although i have no clues on what's going on. On Den's link about "follower alerts are bad", the author said : "That is a lot of people who are lurking that just want to watch someone play a video game or have a stream up for background noise". This is my case when i watch some german stream, sometimes i put them as background noise and I feel at ease.
When i'm active on chat, i try to learn some german words by having fun with the streamer and viewers. If the streamer isn't a douche, then he can switch both langage and makes his viewers at ease. I agree with anyone who would say that it's only apply for small streamers with a decent chat activities.

So I will be sad if some potential members are removed because of "only english" rule, even if their skills are great.

Just leaving my thought here, and keep this great communities for being awesome ! :atkHappy:

Tournaments / Re: Kid of the Hill - A new type of speedrun event!
« on: August 25, 2016, 10:07:35 AM »
I love the idea and thanks for making entertaining events :atkHappy:

Otherwise, i can understand that only 4 persons can be stream at the same time, so we could stream the king, then the first 3 fastest times on sr.com since they prove their potential to bop the king (like a reward). Then beside, we could allow everyone as challenger, i mean, the more the merrier, since the main idea is to have fun together.

And i propose FangameMarathon twitch channel for featuring the event. I mean this twitch channel is made for people who may not know about fangames in general. And by showing this event on this twitch channel, it shows the fangame community is active and can make great thing beside marathon. Just throwing an idea ^^.

About streaming multi participants (2 or 4), just out of curiosity, is it possible to add a (tiny) sound icon to the participant where the sound comes out ? I saw it on a last marathon (i dont remember if it is gdq or ESA, i think it's ESA), but as a viewer, it's really enjoyable to know where the sound is coming out.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4