Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - PlainZombie

Pages: 1 [2]
Game Design / Re: Tutorial: Getting Started With Fangame Development
« on: January 03, 2015, 01:00:47 PM »
I'm having the hardest time sorting out drawing a boss health bar. I see there's a draw_healthbar function (separate from the Draw Health object action) but it never displays. Not sure if this is because my coordinates are wrong or because something is missing. I've tried drawing it in the room code, having the boss draw it from his code, and even using the Draw Health object. I feel like I'm missing something stupid. (My boss health is only 10)

Surprisingly, invincibility frames was easier to figure out than this haha.

Meet and Greet! / Hello Everybody
« on: December 31, 2014, 04:54:46 PM »
I've been streaming for a few months now. Nothing big, but I enjoy it. I've been in and out of fangames for a bit but I didn't start streaming them until really recently. This holiday I kind of floated around different fangame streamers and watched and followed.

I don't think I've actually completed one yet, but I'm currently working through I Wanna Be The 8Bit (On stage 4 boss) and I Wanna Find My Destiny (Stage 2 boss) and I have a boatload more that I've downloaded and intend to check out on stream. I may have been playing through some of the really hard ones (I'm hung up on NANG Screen 25, heh), but I bust through levels eventually! I find the challenge fun.

I stream other things too, like Skies of Arcadia and Metal Gear Solid Series and assorted PS4 games, but I do want to stream fangames a little bit more.

One time Stinkycheese raided my channel out of the blue and it gave me the power to beat the first boss in Find My Destiny. Then I felt bad because I had to leave 30 minutes after the raid started.  :BibleThump:

Pages: 1 [2]