Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - PlainZombie

Pages: [1]
Programming Questions / Timelines and Boss Fights Help
« on: January 06, 2015, 12:31:21 AM »
I'm currently messing around with some ideas, and I'm trying to figure out how to do something like this: Say the boss has an attack pattern, and then you get him to half health or something and there's a little break in the action, and then he resumes his original (but maybe harder this time) timeline loop. Or the same thing but with out the transitional period.

I'm trying to get the original timeline to stop and be replaced by the new timeline, but it just won't have any of it and the boss keeps doing his original attack pattern. It's likely I'm just setting everything up incorrectly, or checking the wrong things or what have you. I'm currently using the Health variable and checking to see if it reaches a certain value, which in turn would in theory stop the current timeline and start the next one.

Unfinished / Incomplete / I Wanna Be The Beaver v.91
« on: January 03, 2015, 03:31:08 PM »
I started this game the evening of New Years Eve. It's my first fangame and only has 4 screens and a boss because I figured for a first game I should make something a bit more compact and focused to help myself understand Game Maker as well as good level/boss design. It should be noted that for super good fangame players, this probably will be kind of easy. I built the stages around my play level which is still not amazing. I'm happy with the difficulty as it is right now, but could possibly be persuaded to buff certain things ever so slightly. I'm not going for crazy hard needle game or anything. Feedback would be super welcome. I've already had a little help from Pandy and Tenshots, hence a lot of the changes I made for .91.

Here's the dropbox: httpss://www.dropbox.com/s/qwyuwfqotbbx7bh/I%20Wanna%20Be%20The%20Beaver.rar?dl=0

Some things that are still a little busted and I'm looking to correct:
-The music doesn't restart on death (which is great) but when it gets to the end it takes a little while to loop, which causes an uncomfortable period of silence.
-Boss doesn't have a healthbar
-Boss could still use some tuning to match difficulty of rest of the game maybe
-Some of the initial menu screens could use some touching up

Not implemented:
-Very Hard mode (Same 4 screens and boss, but buffed with more spikes and maybe harder moves)
-Maybe 1 secret comprised of 2 screens or something, I dunno. That might still not make the cut.

And yes, it is still Game Maker Lite. I'm looking for ways to change that, however.

Meet and Greet! / Hello Everybody
« on: December 31, 2014, 04:54:46 PM »
I've been streaming for a few months now. Nothing big, but I enjoy it. I've been in and out of fangames for a bit but I didn't start streaming them until really recently. This holiday I kind of floated around different fangame streamers and watched and followed.

I don't think I've actually completed one yet, but I'm currently working through I Wanna Be The 8Bit (On stage 4 boss) and I Wanna Find My Destiny (Stage 2 boss) and I have a boatload more that I've downloaded and intend to check out on stream. I may have been playing through some of the really hard ones (I'm hung up on NANG Screen 25, heh), but I bust through levels eventually! I find the challenge fun.

I stream other things too, like Skies of Arcadia and Metal Gear Solid Series and assorted PS4 games, but I do want to stream fangames a little bit more.

One time Stinkycheese raided my channel out of the blue and it gave me the power to beat the first boss in Find My Destiny. Then I felt bad because I had to leave 30 minutes after the raid started.  :BibleThump:

Pages: [1]