Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - Rad

Pages: [1]
So, I'm not sure how to make traps in the design that I want. I would like to make traps such as increasing the size of spikes, making spikes move and stop at specific positions (to make it so that the player will have to go through a segment fast or the spikes will block the exit). I am not good at coding to even do simple things like this.

Mainly, if you've played the trap area in "I Wanna Live", or the medley section of it in Kill the Maker, I'd like to do something like that for a whole game. Think Betty/Rukito area for normal skill levels. I'd like my game to be more of a trigger game rather than just traps aimed to cheese the player into trial-and-error.

I am mainly working off of Klazen's guide, and it has been very useful, but I am not skilled enough or knowledgeable enough to try new things. I am at a point where I can visualize all the concepts and ideas I have, but I cannot make them into a reality. A tutorial video/guide or anything that would help me is greatly appreciated. If someone could link me a couple of guides that THEY used to get them into fangame making, I am willing to take anything at this point! I'm thinking in terms of not having to ask on the forums everytime I can't figure something out.

I hope that I can become a complex and interesting gamemaker in the future! Thanks! :)

Programming Questions / How to actually START making a fangame?
« on: June 29, 2015, 05:14:12 PM »
So I've been working on my game, and then all of the sudden realized I was doing all this work in the sample engine game...

How do I import all of this to a new gamemaker project? Simply dragging it all into the same folder doesn't work and dragging it to the right folder on the left side of Gamemaker is tedious and doesn't show sprites/objects, as well as doesn't keep them in their folders.

How do I transfer all of the files?

And for future reference, how do I only move the engine when I want to make another game?

Meet and Greet! / Hi
« on: June 25, 2015, 09:34:04 PM »
Hey, joined the forums a little while ago but never bothered to make one of these posts.

I'm the guy in chat whose name is impossible to decipher because it is written in really stupid leet speak, and in addition it is bright yellow. (Twitch: R4D1AT10N)

I decided this summer I wanted to get into fangame making since:
A.) I want to do something productive this summer, not just work/play video games like I have in the past.
B.) I got some of my friends at school to play fangames (on the school computers) and I would love to show them one I made.

I would place myself as an average player, decent needle and decent avoidance, though I love to challenge myself.
I'm going to preemptively apologize on the game design thread for asking a lot of questions, so sorry :P

Programming Questions / Portal Recreation help? :)
« on: June 25, 2015, 08:53:27 AM »
Hi, beginner fangame maker here.

I'm trying to recreate this:

As someone with little gamemaker experience, I have no idea how to go about doing this. Could someone help me?

Please be explicit if you can in your explanation because I will have trouble following. This is from I Wanna be the Calamity Fortune and I'm using Gamemaker: Studio.
Those two colors are actually perfect, although a white color would be cool too. Thanks so much!

Pages: [1]