Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - Storm_Lakitu2

Pages: [1]
Game Design / RNG Rooms possible? - Isaac Style Game
« on: May 31, 2015, 03:11:07 PM »
Hello, i just wanted to ask a quick question to see if why imagining is possible in Game Maker.

I once had the idea a while ago to make a "Binding of Isaac" Like Fangame. So there is a pool of rooms, and with pool i mean giant pool, and the rooms always get picked in a random order, after all rooms are done, the fangame is over.

To do it a bit more shaped up, maybe i could do something like "the first 10 rooms are always the same", and to make it even more interesting, i would LOVE to make it possible, that a room can not appear twice troughout a playtrough.

So to sum it up: i want to make fangame where the rooms get picked randomly from a pool, till every room or a certain number of rooms is complete, then you get sent to and ending screen. A room cant appear twice, and the first 10 rooms are always the same.

So: is it possible and is it amazingly fucking shit difficutly and i shouldnt even try it? if it is possible, plz leave me some coding suggestions because i suck at coding. Like, really bad.

:atkHappy:

Programming Questions / Touch 2 Save - Halp again plz!
« on: April 04, 2015, 08:58:55 AM »
So, guess im a dumb, nothing knowing, annoying brat huh? xD

Anyays, i wanted to make a touch save. You touch it, it disappers and makes some fancy particles (i know how to make the particle part, thats not the point), then you press r and get set back to the location of the save you last touched.

How do i do it? because i dont want player to shoot the save.

Programming Questions / Creating a Quadjump-Collectable
« on: April 03, 2015, 03:26:01 PM »
I created a object that lets you jump another time after the double jump if you collect it (like in Boshy).
I took the code from I wanna be the 8-bit (Sorry Seph, but your game is to appealing to not be raided xD).
Now i wanted to create a Quadjump, You do a Double Jump, collect it, and then can do another 2 Jumps without touching the Ground.
How do i make it?
Here is the code for the Trimple-Jump from 8-bit:
Create:image_speed = 1/4;
active = 1;
timer = 0;

realY = y;
wobbleDistance = 2;
stimer = random_range(-2,2);

Step:if active = 0
    { timer += 1; }

if timer > 100
    { visible = 1; active = 1; timer = 0;  }

y = realY + sin(stimer) * wobbleDistance;
stimer += 0.05;

Collisson with Player:if active = 1
    {
        player.screw = 0;
        player.djump = 1;
        active = 0;
        visible = 0;
    }

Off Topic / Get Shreked!
« on: April 02, 2015, 04:59:08 PM »
Guide for shreking friends:
1.Paste this #t=20
2.Set it to 0.5 Speed
3. Copy Link
4. Sent
5.???
6.Maximum Profit

Meet and Greet! / Greetings from Germany, folks!
« on: April 02, 2015, 04:40:05 PM »
Hi, im Storm_Lakitu2, Storm Lakitu or just Erik (with a k), just as you prefer.
I am from Germany, Bavaria and im 22 years old.

I am not that experienced with Guy Games, but i think that i know whats going on. I completed The original Guy on Hard and i wanna be the Fangame on lowest difficulty (dont know name anymore).

I stream Guy Games from time to time, though i want to higher my Guy Game skill in the next couple of days, that will be done by completing many Fangames, all live on twitch at twitch.tv/storm_lakitu2. But i also stream a lot of other games, so its worth watching. Im pretty mich new to streaming though.

Im currently also working on my own Fangame, and it sorta works out well. When the demo is done, i will give it out to some Guy Game Streamers, and when they want, they can stream it. But i might post screenshots from the game from time to time.

I hope you guys all greet me Welcome, because i just love the Guy Games and the Community (most of them ;D)

Programming Questions / Avoidance Battles - Help plz!
« on: March 30, 2015, 10:41:52 AM »
Hello there!

Im currently working on a fangame with Sephalos Engine and now i got the idea to put in an Avoidance Battle in a specific part of the game. But the problem is - i dont know how to make one!

If anyone can tell me how to make one, and if i have to code, tell me how and what to code, i would be very grateful. Also, i have never coded before, so i dont have any experience in this.

Thx already, Storm.

Pages: [1]