Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - l3agu32

Pages: [1]
I made an object be destroyed when I have all 8 secrets. But when I try to make an object be destroyed when I have any amount of secrets less than 8, it is destroyed only when the amount of secrets is 7. Thank you!

I think I only saw this in "I wanna jump the rainbow". In most games if you collect sequential jump refreshers, you have only one remaining jump, but in "I wanna jump the rainbow", each jump refresher adds one more remaining jump. How to do this coding in game maker studio with yoyo engine? Thank you!

How to make the top and side of screen work like walls and ceiling, instead of killing the kid. But with the bottom of the screen still killing the kid. Thank you!

I wanna make this using the yoyoyo engine in game maker studio. I actually succesfully did this, but I have to change all scripts and objects related to the kid considering each room, so I'm curious if advanced game maker users know a faster way.I think some fangames already made something like this (for instance, pokemon area in "I wanna run the marathon"). In only some rooms, I want the normal kid object not to exist, eliminate all sounds related to the kid like shooting and jump and not let the player use "Q" to suicide. Thank you!

I want the enemy's xscale to change when the player changes his side. For instance, if the enemy's x position is 400 and the player's x position is less than 400, the enemy should be facing the left. Thank you.

I'm using gm studio with yoyoyo engine.
 I know I can create different global variables for similar uses,but I saw in the yoyoyo and yuutu engines that they created the global.secretItem[itemNum] and global.bossItem[itemNum] variables with "[itemNum]" being from 1 to 8. Is the number 8 a limit in global variables or what's the reason for this limitation? Thank you.

Game Design / What is not allowing me to change the view?
« on: April 07, 2016, 12:55:10 PM »
I'm making a game for myself and wanna try some ideas in a room with a wider view. When I used gm 8.1 I didn't have problems changing the view, but now I'm using gm studio with the yoyoyo engine and something is not allowing me to change the view. I already tried changing only the "view in room", then changed only "port on screen", then tried both, but the black border didn't get any smaller in the room. Does anyone have any idea of what could be wrong? Thank you.

If I want to make a room with a lot of screens, how many screens or pixels is the limit until the game starts to have any problem like lag? For instance, is a room sized 3200 x 2432 pixels (16 screens) risky? Thank you!

I made an object only for visual purpose and want it not to be destroyed when pressing R. I tried making the room persistent, but it affected other objects, what slowed down the rhythm of the level design.

I attached an object to the kid and I want to make this objects' xscale change always that the kid's xscale changes.
I put the codes in the step event of the object. The kid's object is named objPlayer.
The first code I tried was this one: image_xscale=objPlayer.image_xscale
The other code I tried was: if objPlayer.image_xscale=-1{image_xscale=-1}else{image_xscale=1}
I really don't know if the dots are needed or if the code has to be in the step event. I would appreciate some help, thank you.

Programming Questions / How to load a changed background inside the room?
« on: February 19, 2016, 10:44:43 AM »
I'm using game maker studio. In my game I put the option to change the background_index when you're inside the room, but when I load the game pressing R, the original background appears again. I want to know how to save the background changed when saving the game, so that when loading, the background_index changed is what appears instead of the original background.

Game Design / How to save the kid's xscale?
« on: February 12, 2016, 01:29:25 PM »
In the fangame I'm creating, when I press R the kid is always created facing the right (xscale=1), even if I shoot the save point facing the left (xscale=-1), how do I fix this? Thank you!

I'm using Game maker studio. I have an object that is an arrow for an avoidance. How do I make the arrow point to the direction that it's moving to, for instance if it's moving down, the arrow should point down, if it's moving to the direction 220, the arrow should point to 220 as well, etc. To picture better what I'm trying to do, you can watch the gameplay of the game "I wanna be the bridge" on youtube and see how the arrows point exactly to the direction they're moving to. Thank you.

Unfinished / Incomplete / I Wanna Revive Demo
« on: July 21, 2015, 12:17:10 AM »
Can you return from the world of the dead? Press shift if you think so! This is a demo with 3 platforming screens and one boss. I put a lot of savepoints so you could check the whole demo without trouble. Give your thoughts on what should be worked better. And so you know I got to finish the platforming part, but I didn't get far against the boss, so as a skilled player if you are quite sure the boss is unbeatable because of so many attacks let me know.
 Link for download: https://www.mediafire.com/download/i4ehbrecnxsxc3p/I+Wanna+Revive+Demo.exe

Pages: [1]