Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - l3agu32

Pages: [1] 2
Thank you, Nogard, it worked. I forget that codes can have more details than I think.

Since you haven't provided any code, I can only speculate that the problems is being caused by the indexes used for most secrets starting at 0, and your count starting at 1. You should really provide code when asking a question like this though.
This is the code I tried, and as I said I want it to make the object be destroyed if the amount of true secrets is less than 8, but the object is being destroyed only when the amount is exactly 7 true secrets. I didn't find some way to count variables like we can count instances using "instance_number".
Code: [Select]
if global.secretItem[1] = true
if global.secretItem[2] = true
if global.secretItem[3] = true
if global.secretItem[4] = true
if global.secretItem[5] = true
if global.secretItem[6] = true
if global.secretItem[7] = true
if global.secretItem[8] = true{
//nothing happens
}
else{
instance_destroy()}

I made an object be destroyed when I have all 8 secrets. But when I try to make an object be destroyed when I have any amount of secrets less than 8, it is destroyed only when the amount of secrets is 7. Thank you!

I think I only saw this in "I wanna jump the rainbow". In most games if you collect sequential jump refreshers, you have only one remaining jump, but in "I wanna jump the rainbow", each jump refresher adds one more remaining jump. How to do this coding in game maker studio with yoyo engine? Thank you!

How to make the top and side of screen work like walls and ceiling, instead of killing the kid. But with the bottom of the screen still killing the kid. Thank you!

Patrick, just so I can understand better, how did you eliminate the normal kid in case that different kid wasn't the normal kid object?

I wanna make this using the yoyoyo engine in game maker studio. I actually succesfully did this, but I have to change all scripts and objects related to the kid considering each room, so I'm curious if advanced game maker users know a faster way.I think some fangames already made something like this (for instance, pokemon area in "I wanna run the marathon"). In only some rooms, I want the normal kid object not to exist, eliminate all sounds related to the kid like shooting and jump and not let the player use "Q" to suicide. Thank you!

I want the enemy's xscale to change when the player changes his side. For instance, if the enemy's x position is 400 and the player's x position is less than 400, the enemy should be facing the left. Thank you.

I'm using gm studio with yoyoyo engine.
 I know I can create different global variables for similar uses,but I saw in the yoyoyo and yuutu engines that they created the global.secretItem[itemNum] and global.bossItem[itemNum] variables with "[itemNum]" being from 1 to 8. Is the number 8 a limit in global variables or what's the reason for this limitation? Thank you.

Thanks, guys.

Does the real fps need to be at least 50 to be considered good?

Game Design / Re: What is not allowing me to change the view?
« on: April 07, 2016, 03:06:35 PM »
Thank you, it worked.

Game Design / What is not allowing me to change the view?
« on: April 07, 2016, 12:55:10 PM »
I'm making a game for myself and wanna try some ideas in a room with a wider view. When I used gm 8.1 I didn't have problems changing the view, but now I'm using gm studio with the yoyoyo engine and something is not allowing me to change the view. I already tried changing only the "view in room", then changed only "port on screen", then tried both, but the black border didn't get any smaller in the room. Does anyone have any idea of what could be wrong? Thank you.

If I want to make a room with a lot of screens, how many screens or pixels is the limit until the game starts to have any problem like lag? For instance, is a room sized 3200 x 2432 pixels (16 screens) risky? Thank you!

You could make the object itself persistent I guess? Just be sure to check if one exists before making more so you don't overload everything.
The object is actually already persistent.

Pages: [1] 2