Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - Reply Code: Alpha

Pages: [1]
Game Design / Bullet Hell coding in Java
« on: August 15, 2013, 05:36:01 PM »
Hey guys,

I just recently tried to emulate simple bullet patterns with Java and I couldn't even wrap my mind around the concept of how you would code something like that in Java. The first thing I wanted to do was multithread every single bullet in a container just as they told us at university but that would totally fuck up every computer.

Does anyone hear happen to have any example code on how to do stuff like that with Java? Would be very interesting.

Thanks in advance.

Help, Suggestions & Feedback / Making the forums darker
« on: August 15, 2013, 05:27:40 PM »
Hey guys,

I just figured the forums should be darker or there should be an option to have everything be black with white font like the 4chan Tomorrow visual style, I really like that one because standard is just too mainstream and too bright, it is hurting my eyes. ;C
Also: Why is there no board discussion board? We need a meta board to discuss things like board marketing, board mechanics, board visuals, board rules, board boards and other boards related fun stuff!

EDIT: Sorry, I just found the suggestions forum. I overlooked it first because it is listed in the "fangames" section, so that should probably moved to "meta" or something like that!

Video Games / Dwarf Fortress
« on: August 15, 2013, 05:24:41 PM »
Has anyone ever played that game?
I'm just trying to get into it today and it seems pretty interesting. Anyone got any advice or experiences to share?

Help, Suggestions & Feedback / Making the forums more accessable
« on: August 15, 2013, 02:10:49 PM »
Hey guys,

I think the forums should be viewable for everyone so that people can actually try and see what's going on in here. There should also be more advertising because I think a better version of the fangame portion on IWBTF is something the whole world needs to be introduced to!

User-Made Creations / Purdy Adventures: Update 1.2
« on: August 15, 2013, 02:04:33 PM »
Hey, guys,

this is my newest game, Purdy Adventures. The main goal was to make it so it is more accessable for newbies but it will get gradually harder as you progress to make it a challenge for those who wanna try completing it.

Besides that I really really improved with everything there is basically. As I'm studying informatics and am interested with everything regarding computers and especially game design I always try to create something unique when it comes to the games I make. If any of you will ever be able to reach the final boss; by that point I hope you will understand the importance of keeping the journey going. If that doesn't make any sense to you, then my games won't neither.

Features:
  - 6 completely different areas with new gimmicks every area
  - close to none spike jumps
  - 6 bosses, all with different fight scenarios (e.g. one is a timeout boss, the other one you'll have to shoot)
  - final boss has three phases, is really long and quite probably one of the hardest bosses in fangame history (I'm serious about this)
  - epic music all over the place
  - increasingly harder getting challenges (I repeat: there are no spike jump areas)
  - complete story line that will actually make sense
  - dialogue sequences that I think are funny
  - some references to some stuff (because you guys love references)
  - BULLET HELL

Updated to ver 1.1:
Fixes:
 -put one problematic .mp3 file into the .exe to make the download more accessable
 -fixed a problem with scrolling backgrounds in the final stage
Updated to ver 1.2:
Fix:
 -debug warp deleted
DOWNLOAD: https://www.mediafire.com/?s83i1crl9cmcwk8

SCREENSHOTS:

Note: I love to read feedback of ALL kinds so please tell me what you think about it for me to improve my work with future projects.

Hey guys,

in this thread I want to provide DL links and background information on the fangames I've made so far. Please consider that the games are gradually getting worse as you go back in time because when I got into GML and made my first game (I Wanna Last Forever 1) I obviously was no pro at coding and/or game design. However all the games in the IWLF trilogy are pretty good I think and tell a nice tale about wanting to achieve victory. (IWLF: Japanese Label excluded for obvious reasons).

IWLF: basic information:

The trilogy of IWLF is about good looking artistic style, fitting music and overcoming difficult situations. The overall tone of the games changes as we progress from game to game because my approach at making games progressed further and further when I learned coding in C and Java from university and began to understand various concepts about programming and game design. In the following list I will just copy&paste my former OPs into spoilers so those of you who are interested in why I do what I do can read them. Some of the stuff I said back then may not reflect my opinion today. But that is part of the fun in progression.

I Wanna Last Forever:

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?h0870b2onv48bi4
Screenshots:

I Wanna Last Forever 2: Magician Conspiracy
Former OP:
(click to show/hide)
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?nbd21k32h10nkq1
Screenshots:

I Wanna Last Forever 3: Reply Code: Alpha
Former OP:
(click to show/hide)
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?5513rdeyjc5d4jc
Video:
(note that you can watch playthroughs of all IWLF titles on Fatalbrains channel!)

I Wanna Last Forever: Japanese Label:

Former OP:
(click to show/hide)

Have fun.
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?l8bf3hdl6nqx715
Screenshots:

Meet and Greet! / Hey guys
« on: August 14, 2013, 08:34:55 PM »
Hey guys,

what's the point of this forum besides having alle these crazy new smileys noone with a post count above 2 will ever be using because everyone is hating on them? 

Should I just go and post my games here which would ultimately reach the exact same people I've already reached with posting on the official forums? I am rather confused as to what this is all about. Someone please explain.

Thanks in advance.

Pages: [1]