Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Reply Code: Alpha

Pages: [1] 2
User-Made Creations / Re: Purdy Adventures
« on: August 29, 2013, 09:05:45 AM »
Please everyone note that the first warp takes you directly to the final stage. That was not intended. So I will take down 1.1 and release 1.2 where this problem is sorted out. Thanks to fatalbrain for pointing it out.

Game Design / Re: Bullet Hell coding in Java
« on: August 23, 2013, 06:04:02 AM »
Thanks a lot for that reply!

I will check out the stuff you pointed out and see what I can do.

Haha, well done.

Yea but he was asking for something good and Fraps is good when it comes to 3D recording. I personally use both but you have to switch back and forth to get the best result.

Use Camtasia. It is the best when it comes to 2D recording.

You should do a video on it. ;S

Havent actually played japanese label yet. Will do when i get a non wireless keyboard.  :SoonerLater:

great job, though!  :BloodTrail:

I don't know if you should play it. It's pretty stupid tbh; I made it in one week to see if I could emulate the style of spikejump games that were increasing in popularity at that time.

You should rather go and play through Purdy Adventures. It is probably just as hard towards the final boss but with better looking visuals and more variety to the challenges.

Too many triggers in a spike game imo, but otherwise the platforming is enjoyable.
everything else is solid.
I assume you're talking about all four games? You should check out Purdy Adventures then, it has less triggers and more Bullet Hell.

Video Games / Re: Dwarf Fortress
« on: August 15, 2013, 07:30:49 PM »
Yea, I did watch some videos about it and I'm playing it right now while browsing the fan wiki. Man this game is awesome, the only downside is that I am so occupied with all the projects I'm working on right now that I can't afford to take the time and adopt to the ASCII visual style; so I am using a tileset which is pretty lame but it still looks visually pleasing.

In fact looking at this game is the same feeling as looking at source code.

I just figured the forums should be darker or there should be an option to have everything be black with white font like the 4chan Tomorrow visual style, I really like that one because standard is just too mainstream and too bright, it is hurting my eyes. ;C

Also @ Paragus, you should rename your thread on IWBTF into something like "abandon IWBTF, migrate to FC" or "the better forums" or "the forums mods don't want you to know about". Well, maybe something less aggressive. Just make it so lurkers can actually see that the thread will provide a link to another board!

Game Design / Bullet Hell coding in Java
« on: August 15, 2013, 05:36:01 PM »
Hey guys,

I just recently tried to emulate simple bullet patterns with Java and I couldn't even wrap my mind around the concept of how you would code something like that in Java. The first thing I wanted to do was multithread every single bullet in a container just as they told us at university but that would totally fuck up every computer.

Does anyone hear happen to have any example code on how to do stuff like that with Java? Would be very interesting.

Thanks in advance.

Help, Suggestions & Feedback / Making the forums darker
« on: August 15, 2013, 05:27:40 PM »
Hey guys,

I just figured the forums should be darker or there should be an option to have everything be black with white font like the 4chan Tomorrow visual style, I really like that one because standard is just too mainstream and too bright, it is hurting my eyes. ;C
Also: Why is there no board discussion board? We need a meta board to discuss things like board marketing, board mechanics, board visuals, board rules, board boards and other boards related fun stuff!

EDIT: Sorry, I just found the suggestions forum. I overlooked it first because it is listed in the "fangames" section, so that should probably moved to "meta" or something like that!

Video Games / Dwarf Fortress
« on: August 15, 2013, 05:24:41 PM »
Has anyone ever played that game?
I'm just trying to get into it today and it seems pretty interesting. Anyone got any advice or experiences to share?

Help, Suggestions & Feedback / Re: Making the forums more accessable
« on: August 15, 2013, 05:21:16 PM »
We already did bumping today. But sure, in a few days we'll get back to discussing nothing on that thread.  :FrankerZ:
(click to show/hide)

Thanks both of you for the nice words!

Help, Suggestions & Feedback / Making the forums more accessable
« on: August 15, 2013, 02:10:49 PM »
Hey guys,

I think the forums should be viewable for everyone so that people can actually try and see what's going on in here. There should also be more advertising because I think a better version of the fangame portion on IWBTF is something the whole world needs to be introduced to!

Pages: [1] 2