Author Topic: Suggestion: St. Jude's PLAY LIVE fundraising event  (Read 1853 times)

tehjman1993

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Meme Enthusiast
  • Windows Vista/Server 2008 Windows Vista/Server 2008
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 34.0.1847.131 Chrome 34.0.1847.131
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Suggestion: St. Jude's PLAY LIVE fundraising event
« on: May 13, 2014, 11:22:35 PM »
Hello everyone!

I happened to stumble upon a great fundraising event that benefits St. Jude's Children Research Hospital. This organization is one of the only organizations I ever pay attention/donate to, as it breaks my heart to see what those children are going through.

So how does it relate to the Wannabes, at all? Well, in this event that kicks off on June 13th, any individual and/or team that streams games can help raise money for St. Jude's. This goes on until September 1st, for a total of 12 weeks! Every week has its own "theme", however, any game is most certainly encouraged!

So my question is - Would the Wannabes (or anyone) be interested in this event? I have personally never done an event like this, and I wanted to see how much attention I could garner from the Wannabes for this. I think it would benefit our team in more ways than one - it's charitable (you heartless beings), it may attract viewers (?), and it's just fun! Once again, I consider St. Jude's to be one of the most respectable charities out there, and I would hope there is some attention towards this.

Here is their site link explaining the event (scroll down): https://fundraising.stjude.org/site/PageServer?pagename=playlive_home

If you aren't interested, that's okay. I think I'll be personally running through this fundraiser, with or without a team.

Thanks for reading :D

Swordslinger

• The Kid
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 33.0.1750.154 Chrome 33.0.1750.154
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion: St. Jude's PLAY LIVE fundraising event
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 04:44:32 AM »
I'd be interested in doing this, i will think about it.
A Random Signature

Zurai

• Community Manager
  • Spike Dodger
  • Administrator
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 34.0.1847.137 Chrome 34.0.1847.137
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 08:52:15 AM »
 I would like to help, can you maybe explain here what someone has to do to help as a streamer?
Stop by and say hello at www.twitch.tv/zurairofl :PogChamp:

Wolsk

• The Kid
  • Wolsky McKitty :3
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 35.0.1916.122 Chrome 35.0.1916.122
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 07:04:19 AM »
I'd love to join.  I've been in charity streams before, and they are tons of fun.
It probably wont be a problem, but I will need to know the exact date because of work. :v
meow :3

Why are you complaining about being a meme? this is a positive thing