Author Topic: Post the fangame you just beat!  (Read 185126 times)

Nauhst

• Wannabe
  • I hope to look forward to lots, and lots of fun!
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 35.0.1916.153 Chrome 35.0.1916.153
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Re: Post the fangame you just beat!
« Reply #195 on: June 23, 2014, 06:36:08 PM »
I wanna athletic needles, fun little game. Also I wanna be the wing, which I really enjoyed.

conlycameobasher

• Spike Dodger
  • I Wanna Hold the Interview!
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 30.0 Firefox 30.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 24, 2014, 01:09:09 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Really trolly game, but fairly lengthy and provides a bit of challenge. An annoying factor is that you need to find the three secret items to properly beat the game, so unless you look for them right away there's gonna be some stupid backtracking. It does lead to a fun Miku fight, however. But the final boss is too RNG-based: more tedious than challenging.

That makes 60 completed games. Where to next?
Don't forget your daily Solgryn! ^o^

Kefit

• Spike Dodger
  • The Former Wild Draw Four of America
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 28.0 Firefox 28.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 24, 2014, 03:14:53 AM »

I couldn't figure out the first save for a long time, but then I kind of barreled through the rest of the game after getting it. I'm not sure if it's a bit easier than the other Archfoe games or if I've simply gotten better while stuck on the first save.

bleedingears

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 24, 2014, 05:20:43 PM »
GENKI done. Good fun. Challenging bosses (for me) that were achievable and not just avoidance.

Nauhst

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 24, 2014, 05:47:36 PM »
I wanna be the Prodigy. A fun game well worth playing.

Kilp

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 24, 2014, 05:57:41 PM »
I wanna be the Adapt, had some interesting gimmicks.

conlycameobasher

• Spike Dodger
  • I Wanna Hold the Interview!
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 26, 2014, 11:21:17 PM »
(click to show/hide)

...This has, without a doubt, been one of the most frustrating fangame experiences I've ever had. Call me sucky, bad, incompetent, whatever, but this game royally kicked my ass. Whether it be the constant trolls, the precision ledge jumps and diagonals, the unhealthy amounts of f-jumps, or sections that go on way too long (the factory and final tower for two), I suffered immensely. I busted the jump button on my controller thanks to the number of parts where you had to mash it repeatedly, like the waterfall cherry chase corridor, or the Shy Guy fight. So often I felt my soul dying at doing the same thing over and over again, either because I had to deal with numerous trolls and precision jumps in one go, or because despite 60 fangames beat I still suck immensely. I've put up with and beaten Boshy, yet with that game it was funny and had neat secrets. The one secret I got in this game took over a 1000 deaths, and that was only because I couldn't back out of it and had to complete it in order to continue the game. Fool as I was, I hit the save, not realizing the hell I condemned myself to.

And yet... after all that suffering, after climbing that godawful tower and taking a break, I met... tranquility. The final boss, unlike all the others, was actually soothing, and very well done. Simple mix of avoidance and actually fighting, set to soft yet invigorating music. In little time it was over, and then the end credits rolled, and the music there was like salve to the soul. I felt at peace over such a sublime final boss; all tension left me. Multiple times I asked myself if seeing the sunrise was worth it, but when that picture came up, and the sun in all its glory finally making its appearance... I just don't know.

To me, this game went on too long and had some poor design choices, and also had a habit of ripping off screens from other games (but then again, who hasn't? This is like the third game I've seen that had that one GB screen). Maybe this game is more for pros, perhaps. All I know is, this game made me realize quite harshly how much a scrub I am, and forever will be. Though I will never become a Denferok or CosmicSense or any of those greats, at least I can look upon these various games for inspiration, to get me through the day and provide endless free entertainment. I just need to pick out my games better.

Yet getting to fight that cool last boss... almost worth.
Don't forget your daily Solgryn! ^o^

Denferok

• Community Manager
  • The Kid
  • Administrator
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • My stream
« Reply #202 on: June 27, 2014, 01:47:10 AM »

MMM Extra clear :FrankerZ:

Kefit

• Spike Dodger
  • The Former Wild Draw Four of America
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 28.0 Firefox 28.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 27, 2014, 02:20:07 AM »

Really hard game due to all the long saves in the final area. I played through the first two stages back when this first came out a couple of months ago, but couldn't make a dent in the final stage. Hilarious death count comes from sucking back then mostly, though the final stage now still took me about 3000 deaths.

REBAG

• Spike Dodger
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • Safari Safari
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #204 on: June 27, 2014, 05:32:03 AM »
(click to show/hide)

...This has, without a doubt, been one of the most frustrating fangame experiences I've ever had. Call me sucky, bad, incompetent, whatever, but this game royally kicked my ass. Whether it be the constant trolls, the precision ledge jumps and diagonals, the unhealthy amounts of f-jumps, or sections that go on way too long (the factory and final tower for two), I suffered immensely. I busted the jump button on my controller thanks to the number of parts where you had to mash it repeatedly, like the waterfall cherry chase corridor, or the Shy Guy fight. So often I felt my soul dying at doing the same thing over and over again, either because I had to deal with numerous trolls and precision jumps in one go, or because despite 60 fangames beat I still suck immensely. I've put up with and beaten Boshy, yet with that game it was funny and had neat secrets. The one secret I got in this game took over a 1000 deaths, and that was only because I couldn't back out of it and had to complete it in order to continue the game. Fool as I was, I hit the save, not realizing the hell I condemned myself to.

And yet... after all that suffering, after climbing that godawful tower and taking a break, I met... tranquility. The final boss, unlike all the others, was actually soothing, and very well done. Simple mix of avoidance and actually fighting, set to soft yet invigorating music. In little time it was over, and then the end credits rolled, and the music there was like salve to the soul. I felt at peace over such a sublime final boss; all tension left me. Multiple times I asked myself if seeing the sunrise was worth it, but when that picture came up, and the sun in all its glory finally making its appearance... I just don't know.

To me, this game went on too long and had some poor design choices, and also had a habit of ripping off screens from other games (but then again, who hasn't? This is like the third game I've seen that had that one GB screen). Maybe this game is more for pros, perhaps. All I know is, this game made me realize quite harshly how much a scrub I am, and forever will be. Though I will never become a Denferok or CosmicSense or any of those greats, at least I can look upon these various games for inspiration, to get me through the day and provide endless free entertainment. I just need to pick out my games better.

Ah, don't worry dude eventually you could beat stuff like this :atkHappy:

Trust me ;)
I mean, just look at me I'm 12 and can beat that
OH MY GOD WHERE DID I GO WRONG!!!??
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 06:50:49 AM by REBAG »

lemonxreaper

• Administrator
  • Spike Dodger
  • Do you even needle?
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 27, 2014, 11:41:03 AM »
what does your age have to do with anything.
Just pretend I have a cool picture like Zero.
Completed Fangames: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4678222/Complete%20Fangames.txt

REBAG

• Spike Dodger
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • Safari Safari
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #206 on: June 27, 2014, 11:42:24 AM »
It doesn't?

Zero-G

• [+--oo]
  • Alumi
  • Spike Dodger
  • Administrator
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • My twitch channel
« Reply #207 on: June 27, 2014, 12:29:55 PM »
why should it

REBAG

• Spike Dodger
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • Safari Safari
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #208 on: June 27, 2014, 12:47:54 PM »
Good point :atkHappy:

Nauhst

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 27, 2014, 06:14:25 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Congratulations!  :IceFairy:

Finished Needle Man and Needle Man 2, okay needles I guess.