Fangames > Announcements

The Wannabes auto hosting discussion

<< < (2/8) > >>

Artardss:

--- Quote from: klazen108 on September 28, 2016, 10:52:23 AM ---There's been some rumor and speculation flying around, so I'd like clarification on a couple of points:

1) Does the Twitch Auto-Host override a manual host you perform? If you are hosting a non-wannabe, in my mind it is not ok for the auto-host bot to decide when that host period ends. The only time it should be allowed to switch your host is when you are offline, and you have not chosen to host anyone, as that is literally dead time.

2) Can people be added to auto-host lists that are not on the team? If someone decides that sometimes they want to auto-host their friend who is not on the wannabes, should that be allowed?

--- End quote ---

As for 1:
"When auto hosting is enabled, the system will select a channel to host whenever your channel is offline or whenever your channel is not actively hosting another user. Auto Hosting will never interfere with your live channel or active host. It will only take effect once your channel is offline. Auto hosting will wait for three minutes of inactivity before hosting a channel. So choosing someone to host is still ideal when going offline. This delay is because we do not want broadcasters to be surprised by unintended hosting if they are broadcasting but are having technical difficulties. Auto hosting will also immediately un-host when your channel goes live."

So no, it does not disrupt a manual host. It does however start autohosting 3 minutes after going offline.

Regarding 2:
You can add other streams to your list of auto host channels. From what I can tell it will always prioritize people on your twitchteam over the other channels.

If you scroll down in this article you can read about the autohosting.
https://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/2508329

CasualCrap:
yo, I really like the idea of making the team an actual thing again and removing the follow alerts is fine by me as I can't stand being but on the spotlight like that and I imagine its the same for others. But on the other hand I also feel like it wouldnt really tarnish the name of our team and stuff like that so im fine with whatever for that rule.

One thing I wanted to clarify however is what the word "inactive" would mean as there are streamers who stream none at all and there are streamers who stream 2-3 days a week.

My input on this would be to keep members of the community who stream occasionally and talk to the community on the team and removing people who almost never stream from the team. Even if they are a good part of the community and talk to people, if they dont stream at all or like once a month it just seems useless to keep them on the team.

But yeah i hope this is recieved well and that the team can finally be put to use again.

Onynekyu:
I like the idea of strengthen Wannabes team and help further support the smaller streamers. So i'm totally behind you guys !  :atkHappy:

I have no opinion about "no alert notification", but i would like to share my experience about streaming in both langage (although i'm not a member of the team) as streamer and as viewer.

As streamer, i try as much as possible to speak in english because i do not want to ostracize english speakers, but sometime when there are no english-speakers, i speak in french (depending on my chat activities). The good point about that, that i can reach some people that english stream cannot.
Just an example, when i participate at some races from "Get Yourself Fangaming", some french persons seem interested and ask questions about these races (i managed to bring some persons to participate into some of these races ^^)

As a viewer, sometime i like watching german streams although i have no clues on what's going on. On Den's link about "follower alerts are bad", the author said : "That is a lot of people who are lurking that just want to watch someone play a video game or have a stream up for background noise". This is my case when i watch some german stream, sometimes i put them as background noise and I feel at ease.
When i'm active on chat, i try to learn some german words by having fun with the streamer and viewers. If the streamer isn't a douche, then he can switch both langage and makes his viewers at ease. I agree with anyone who would say that it's only apply for small streamers with a decent chat activities.

So I will be sad if some potential members are removed because of "only english" rule, even if their skills are great.

Just leaving my thought here, and keep this great communities for being awesome ! :atkHappy:

patrickgh3:
Autohosting seems cool, and TJ says there's no downsides, so let's try it out. And I also like the idea of trimming down / sprucing up the team at this time.

I like TJ's idea of booting a lot of people for inactivity, and then re-accepting applications immediately if they become active again. I don't know where the cutoff should be. Haven't streamed in 1 month, 2 months, maybe even 3 weeks? Right now it's been almost a month since I personally last streamed and I would be fine with being taken off knowing the re-add if active policy.

I don't think language should be a requirement. Having good streamers of other languages on the team can only help attract more people interested in fangames. See Ony's post!

I dislike follower alerts as much as the next guy, but the only person on the team I know off the top of my head that has them is Wolsk, and I don't mind them there. I'd say don't make it a requirement until in the future we have a problem with it.

Another note, I'd like it if the team page got some new graphics. Maybe we can get ToylineAssembly or someone to make some stuff.

Adamcake:
I made an account just to post here :denKamilia_v2: I'd like to chip in my thoughts as a viewer.

Autohosting would be cool and useful to me personally, I don't watch many people who aren't on the wannabes these days, so I can't see a downside to it. I'm not so sure about making it a requirement though. Some people may want not to (for various reasons) and it doesn't sound very fair to force it upon them if they want to be part of the team. You could strongly encourage it, sure, and you could ask people who don't enable autohosting to see if they have a valid reason for not doing so? But that's quite different.

I talked to Den about this and he felt that enforcing autohosting would do away with any sort of "if he's not doing it I'm not doing it either" arguments. Personally, I don't think that's the right way of dealing with that kind of thing. If there is such bad blood between wannabes then that should be managed maturely by the group leader, including kicking people out if it's felt necessary. You can't force people to like each other. In fact if there are any problems between people, this will most likely bring them to the surface so that they can be dealt with.

Moving on to the other requirements which I had a few comments on:
- Removing inactive members is a good idea as long as it's done on a case-by-case basis rather than a hard and fast principle, for the same reason TJ said.
- Increase the requirements - talked to Den, he said this only referred to people's status in the community. I hope this doesn't mean a viewer/follower count though, but I do agree people should be very well known to be part of the group. This and the previous point will make it quite a nice group for streamer and viewer alike, hopefully.
- Require the streamer not to have a follower alert - YES, please do this. This is probably the most agreeable point on here, I hope I don't have to explain why. If you don't do this I'll pester you until you do it.

Keep up the good work Den & Wannabes. ( •ᴗ•)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version