Fangames > Announcements

The Wannabes auto hosting discussion

<< < (8/8)

Zurai:
Yea, I can help you. Just hook me up on discord

tehjman1993:
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to see team feedback regarding the 'auto host' feature on Twitch -- is this working as intended? Do you still agree with it? We had this discussion a while ago, yet it seemed that we never "officially" committed to using it, despite everyone basically now using it. Is there any other part of this that needs discussion?

On a somewhat related note -- after talking with Pat, I am in full agreement that the Wannabes team page on Twitch needs a little sprucing up, any ideas?

pieceofcheese87:
I've heard some streamers complain about a sea of host messages when they start up their stream, dunno if that was changed recently but I disabled my auto hosting for that reason.

Wolsk:
Auto-hosting is incredibly irritating because of what piece mentioned.  Because we have so many members on the team, when you get the auto-hosts, it basically replaces your entire chatbox and even does that multiple times because for some reason it hosts more than once from the same channel.  Twitch is a good site that only adds features that have been well-tested.

Outside of that, I have seen an increased viewercount for my channel which is nice, but I will not enable it for my own channel since it is still a mess of a feature.  There are a bunch of bugs that I'm sure have been reported hundreds of times that Twitch still hasn't fixed, and I'd rather not be another message in the sea of spammy auto-hosts.  As of now, I just manually host whoever I'm watching at the time, and that accomplishes pretty much the same thing.

Denferok:
There's a big purge of inactive team members coming, so the autohost spam shouldn't be as ridiculous

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version