Author Topic: I Wanna Sunspike - Hard Jump?  (Read 4016 times)

PlasmaKaboom

• Wannabe
  • Windows 8.1/Server 2012 Windows 8.1/Server 2012
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 50.0.2661.94 Chrome 50.0.2661.94
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
I Wanna Sunspike - Hard Jump?
« on: May 10, 2016, 04:32:59 AM »
Hey, so I am fairly new to these fangames. My only prior experience is getting past The Guy boss fight in I Wanna Kill the Kamilia 2, I've gotten to Flandre Scarlet in Kamilia 3 (have not beaten her yet), and I've done a few speedruns of I Wanna Challege 100 Trials. I came across a jump in I Wanna Sunspike that has been driving me crazy (I attached an image of the jump for you to this post). I have gotten through it a few times before but I have no idea what I did to make it happen. It usually takes me about a half hour of attempts before I get it. I've done it multiple times because I replay Sunspike back to the point I'm at to warm up my hands. I can get up to this jump from the start of the game in about 15 minutes. So the fact that this jump completely halts my progress every time drives me crazy. After about 20 minutes of failure on this jump I usually get too frustrated and give up. I'm sure there is no easy solution to the jump. I'm sure it's just a hard jump, but is there anything I can do to make it easier? I basically just treat it like a normal drop gate, then tap right when I'm through until it works. 

Denferok

• Community Manager
  • The Kid
  • Administrator
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • My stream
Re: I Wanna Sunspike - Hard Jump?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 05:50:20 AM »
Do you know about aligns? I'd strongly suggest you educate yourself on them

elraimon2000

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Gamepad
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 11:43:09 AM »
Aligns are, in simple terms, touching walls to make certain jumps easier (there is more science to them but that's the simplest explanation). https://prntscr.com/b2f2pt If you touch one of the walls marked red (both give the same align), save and avoid touching any other walls until that jump, you will find it to be much easier. If you touch a different wall, just press R and you will be back at the save with the align you had when you saved.

PlasmaKaboom

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 02:46:04 PM »
Aligns are, in simple terms, touching walls to make certain jumps easier (there is more science to them but that's the simplest explanation). https://prntscr.com/b2f2pt If you touch one of the walls marked red (both give the same align), save and avoid touching any other walls until that jump, you will find it to be much easier. If you touch a different wall, just press R and you will be back at the save with the align you had when you saved.
I am somewhat aware of aligns. I just dont see how that helps me in this instance. I had to use aligns a few saves before this one (I have provided an image).

elraimon2000

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 03:04:13 PM »
I am somewhat aware of aligns. I just dont see how that helps me in this instance. I had to use aligns a few saves before this one (I have provided an image).
That's just how corner jumps work, they are much easier with the good align than with the bad one. If you ever have doubts, here is a list with the aligns for the most common fangame jumps: https://i.imgur.com/1lL1HAS.png .

just_another_Guy

• Cherry Eater
  • tempest best game
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • Glory Hole Foundation
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 03:04:44 PM »
Maybe the problem is that you're tapping? I usually just hold the button at the correct moment until I pass through, the timing is tricky but definitely doesn't require 20 minutes to execute.
Private fangame stash (link: private)

PlasmaKaboom

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 04:29:34 PM »
That's just how corner jumps work, they are much easier with the good align than with the bad one. If you ever have doubts, here is a list with the aligns for the most common fangame jumps: https://i.imgur.com/1lL1HAS.png .

Hey thanks! That list of aligns is really gonna help. I decided to align myself with a different wall (that the images you provided suggested). I just brush up against this new spot and then go back and save before I start doing attempts and it appears to be making the jump a bit more consistent. I got it within a minute or so of attempts. Then started the game over and played back to that point and made it through again on my 5th try. I think that align is really helping. Thanks!

elraimon2000

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 05:37:18 PM »

Hey thanks! That list of aligns is really gonna help. I decided to align myself with a different wall (that the images you provided suggested). I just brush up against this new spot and then go back and save before I start doing attempts and it appears to be making the jump a bit more consistent. I got it within a minute or so of attempts. Then started the game over and played back to that point and made it through again on my 5th try. I think that align is really helping. Thanks!
No problem man :) Glad I could help.

Marxkerber

• Wannabe
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 06:47:29 PM »

Actually, that image has a lot of mistakes in it. A few of them are right, but most of them aren't. Hector made a corrected version that you can use here: https://prnt.sc/6hv1ph

PlasmaKaboom

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 09:47:56 PM »
Actually, that image has a lot of mistakes in it. A few of them are right, but most of them aren't. Hector made a corrected version that you can use here: https://prnt.sc/6hv1ph
Thanks. I will save that one as well then :)