Author Topic: I'm stuck at Solgryn boss from k2  (Read 1734 times)

Onynekyu

• Wannabe
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 49.0.2623.110 Chrome 49.0.2623.110
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
I'm stuck at Solgryn boss from k2
« on: April 06, 2016, 09:32:38 PM »
I'm currently stuck against Solgryn Boss from k2 for more than 13 hours. To be more precise, at the last attack of avoidance part, the one with vertical fast apples (really fast). The timing is too tight, and i have no clue when i need to change direction (even if i watched a lot of videos to figure out the timing).

Have you any tips or advises to help me please ? Or do you know if the avoidance part is taken from another avoidance fangame ? So that i can practice this part that i'm struggling.

BaronBlade

• Spike Dodger
  • bees?
  • Windows 8.1/Server 2012 Windows 8.1/Server 2012
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
Re: I'm stuck at Solgryn boss from k2
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 09:54:46 PM »
This avoidance segment is taken from I Wanna Be the Locus, but getting to it is far harder than the first five stages in Kamilia 2. The only advice I can really give is to pick one strategy from others' videos that seems safe to you and to study it intensely. Look at their starting position. Look at which direction they move, and how they change directions. Pay attention to audio cues they use. I personally found fatalbrain's strategy easier than Denferok's, but that may not be the case. This attack is one of the hardest things to learn, so just keep at it and you'll get it eventually. :atkHappy:
bean!

Marxkerber

• Wannabe
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 11:56:37 PM »
The avoidance is from Locus and that game is private. Even if it wasn't, the actual avoidance is a lot harder than Solgryn and that attack is one of the last. My recommendation is to not just rely on moving in a pattern, but to actually try and pay attention to the apples and cross over when you see an opening. When I tried beating it, I tried just walking in a pattern trying to replicate the exact movements of somebody else's strategy and hoping it would work, but as soon as I tried actually watching the apples and timing it myself, I did it pretty quickly. Also, make sure you don't move as soon as the avoidance ends, because you can actually move before you hit the ship and miss it. I did that once and it was awful.

Aelya

• Cherry Eater
  • love~ <3
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • stream
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 01:19:27 AM »
My recommendation is to not just rely on moving in a pattern, but to actually try and pay attention to the apples and cross over when you see an opening. When I tried beating it, I tried just walking in a pattern trying to replicate the exact movements of somebody else's strategy and hoping it would work, but as soon as I tried actually watching the apples and timing it myself, I did it pretty quickly.
thissss

Onynekyu

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 08:52:34 AM »
I'll try again with you advises in mind. Plus, i didn't know we can miss the ship  :atkWut:

Thanks you so much !!! ༼つ ◕‿◕ ༽つ

L4Vo5

• Cherry Eater
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 09:53:54 AM »
I created a pretty consistent strategy:
When they're slow, make sure to start at about the first block (counting from left to right) from the right platform (you have to be on the lower 2 platforms) when the first cherry explodes. And when you go right fall down a little then double jump back to the left, DON'T go to the left platform, just drop again and to the right. Repeat until the fast phase starts (I know it sounds hard but it's not really. The only tricky part is starting right)

On the fast part: In this part, you're gonna have to use both platforms (just let yourself fall in the gap and then double jump, like everyone else does). but DO NOT turn when you get to the edge. Pick any big cherry that is coming from above, and change your direction about half or 1/3rd (haven't really counted) of a second after it explodes. Make sure to pick one that's gonna explode BEFORE you fall off the edge and die.

Here's a vid, it even includes last phase skip :D
youtu.be/VvWaqSbBKGM?t=192
I have to admit, i still haven't beaten IWBTG